1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to start my own web hosting website buisness.what are its requirements?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by offevil, Jun 12, 2009.

hello
    I want to start my own web hosting website company
    please tell what are its requirements?
    do i need servers or it will be ok with VPS.
    and please tell me if i need any sort of script or something like this..i have got good graphic designer...please suggest some scripts .??

offevil, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  2. USB

USB Banned

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Web hosting business is easy to run but it have to be accepted that there are 1000s of web hosting companies every month and closing down. Web hosting business have become the highest competeting business online today. If you plan to open it then I would recommend you to run your company for atleast 6 months even if you dont get any profit. In starting you just need to buy a VPS you can get good offers at Web hosting talk forum just buy one, then download a free template and design your site and then get free trial script of WHMCS script it is web hosting billing script it is must for your host and will really make your work easy trial version works for 15 days i believe so till then you may get few clients collect money and then buy it.

This is all what you require to start web hosting business there are sites which gives tips and tricks to run webhosting business as 1000s of people are running it so there are many such sites with very usefull information.

I think this would have been of some help.

Note Advice: Always try to give better support and stay with your promise as in this business you just need to give honesty to your clients and better service then you got good scope in it.

USB, Jun 12, 2009 IP
    offevil likes this.
  3. LH-Danny

LH-Danny Member

Best Answers:
    No no no no... First of all, it usually takes 1 year to even make a profit, if everything is done properly. Starting with a VPS is too much of a risk as it means the dude has to maintain it, secure it, and fix any problems - However, if a reseller is bought from HostGator, or InnoHosting then the owner doesn't have to worry about anything.

A free template won't do because they never look good, and if it doesn't look good then no business will be made. You should look at spending $200+ for a template.

There is loads more to consider, and if you're actually asking this on a public forum then you should not consider getting into the hosting business. You need to right a business plan with a good niche to attract customers. It took me 1 year researching in the hosting industry and 1-2months for the business plan before I actually started up.

LH-Danny, Jun 12, 2009 IP
    offevil likes this.
  4. remember123

remember123 Peon

Best Answers:
    First get a reseller from a big company ...then sell for competitive prices...if you make some profit/fame then get a dedicated server...get whm/cpanel/wmhcms ...starting with vps might be risk due to technical problems that you may face..

remember123, Jun 12, 2009 IP
    offevil likes this.
  5. offevil

offevil Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks guys seriously ..very good things been told up here..

offevil, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  6. Renegade Runner

Renegade Runner Peon

Best Answers:
    Market Locally/Offline too, the online market is waaay too competitive unless you have something which makes you stand out from the rest

Renegade Runner, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  7. mainhoondon

mainhoondon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like what ? :p

mainhoondon, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To overpopulated and need money serious money to have succes ...

w3bmaster, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  9. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know a relatively untapped market in my local area which I've been considering going into, but many of these potential clients would be happy to stay with using myspace as a site.. still in planning stages though

To start a hosting business all you need to do is to purchase a reseller account, find and use a script (free or paid, I recommend not using any monthly payment scripts when you start off so you can gain experience with the least amount of expense as possible) so you can offer instant activation after payment. Don't think that you will make a huge profit from this though unless you can manage to find a lot of people willing to pay realistic prices for webspace offline (just not gonna happen online unless you're really lucky, or know how to utilise it in such a way that the service you provide brings a higher price, think gameservers).

As a dude once said to me; "Online businesses are more successful offline".

Scoty, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  10. honeyhosting

honeyhosting Member

Best Answers:
    My advice is find a server company you like (hostgator, ipower, etc...) get aun/managed server. The managed ones can get expensive. There are server support companies out there that will tech for you for a real good price (platinumservermanagement.com $30/month). It is more about getting the clients to come to you...BUT you must be able to offer good quick support. Do not forget that this can become an international business with the first sale. And you need to support the client from China when you may be asleep at 3 AM! I have been doing this since 1998, and it is a nice easy business to run.

honeyhosting, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  11. cwin

cwin Peon

Best Answers:
    btw how much totaly appox. for run web hosting business during a year?

cwin, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  12. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    do i need servers or it will be ok with VPS.
    Yes,you need at least a high end VPS or if can start with a dedicated server.

and please tell me if i need any sort of script or something like this..i have got good graphic designer...please suggest some scripts .??
    You need hosting billing script such as whcm.

mentos, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  13. USB

USB Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have low budget like I say around 100$ then follow my ideas #2.

USB, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  14. Alex Brooks

Alex Brooks Banned

Best Answers:
    If your going to start a web hosting company for the profit, I should warn you that they don't make that much money until you scale everything up, you won't see any real profit for the first year, but they are quite enjoyable to run and it's a nice project to do, having parts in a number of web hosting companies over the years myself.

I'm not going to go into the design of your web hosting company, but you should try and make it as automated as possible, you'll need scripts to handle the payments, set up hosting accounts and what not, this makes your life a lot easier because you can take short breaks, such as weekend holidays, knowing that your clients won't be waiting around for the hosting they paid for, as it's all automatic, although support is another thing.

As you start off, I suggest you get a reseller plan from HostGator, keep upgrading reseller plans from them until you can't, this means they handle all the issues you can encounter, once you've got a resonable client list, all paying monthly fees to you, you should really move onto a VPS, you can buy managed VPS's, which come with cPanel etc, keep upgrading VPS until you need to move onto dedicated servers, once you need more then one server, I'd suggest getting in contact with your local datacenter to see if you can work out a deal so you pay monthly for 10 servers and you get 2 servers for free or something.

Good luck.

Alex Brooks, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  15. beinghappy4ever

beinghappy4ever Banned

Best Answers:
    You can get a reseller plan...That is the all you need to start this....then lots of ads...you can get this from a range of 50 dollars--->>>>

beinghappy4ever, Jun 18, 2009 IP