1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I target a specific keyword?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by pdmac8, Jun 10, 2009.

I have been trying to do a bit of SEO on my site and have tried to target some specific keywords, but ...

I did a test with some seo tools I found and my competitor, who ranks number 1 on google for the main keyword I am targetting, came up as driving traffic to his site for the keyword but I am shown as driving traffic for long phrases and not specific keywords.

So the question I am asking is;

How do I set up my website so that it drives traffic to my website and my website appears in serps on the front page for my targetted keywords?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

pdmac8, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  2. biddersspot

biddersspot Peon

Best Answers:
    If your in the top 3 results anyway, stop worrying about the other 2 and convert some keywords to richer keywords, i.e keywords that pay more, this will result in increased revenue for you for the traffic you already geting

try this site as they list the frequent paying keywords and they are free

biddersspot, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  3. pdmac8

pdmac8 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi and thanks for your post

I didnt say anywhere that I was in the top 3 for my keywords, I can't even get on the 1st page

I need to know how to target them as I write the keywords in my text on my site and it's not overused, it is part of good quality content, but it doesn't get me any ranking on Google.

I have PR2 and loads of backlinks

The keywords I am targeting are - "free ps3", "free xbox 360" and "free ipods"

My site is http://www.gimmeitfree.co.uk

Please can anyone help me:confused: - I'll rep you up big style !!!

pdmac8, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  4. MoneyHungry1

MoneyHungry1 Peon

Best Answers:
    use google's keyword tool...type in the keyword you want to use...go to the least used keywords and use those in your ppc campaign...ull have the least competition and have a chance to make a lot of money... just make sure there is over 100 searches on those keywords per month or ull just be wasting time... if you want more tips like that spec my signature... hes really smart and has taught me alot

MoneyHungry1, Jun 11, 2009 IP
    pdmac8 likes this.
  5. JulieV

JulieV Guest

Best Answers:
    You have a mountain to climb my friend. Your competition is anywhere from 16,000,000 to 51,000,000 sites for your keywords. I would suggest you got into a lot of High PR sites for your backlinks and I mean very high... 4 to 9 PR sites.

Thanks
    JulieV

JulieV, Jun 11, 2009 IP
    pdmac8 likes this.
  6. pdmac8

pdmac8 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks moneyhungry & Julie, I appreciate your help

I have checked out the competition thoroughly and the number 1 site on Google is only PR4 and has approx 53 backlinks on the "link:www." search on Google

But he seems to have very targeted keywords and this is what I am struggling on, I want to optimise my site so that I start pulling in hits for those keywords

pdmac8, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  7. tummer

tummer Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a look at your website and probably can give you some tips to begin with.
    Lets talk about onpage:
    First, you need to change your title tag to match that of your primary "keyword or keyphrase"
    Second, I had a look at your source code and you have way too many header 1. The search engines will be confused which phrase is of the greatest importance.

Now, for off page:
    You may want to reference JulieV's signature in this thread above, whom in my opinion, is doing it correctly. Your anchor text backlinking is too long. You need to specify more specifics..

I wouldn't want to overload you with too many things at this point until the basics are corrected..
    Hope this helps for a start..

cheers
    tummer

tummer, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  8. Awan-G

Awan-G Active Member

Best Answers:
    Awan-G, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  9. patmad

patmad Peon

Best Answers:
    can someone shortly explain how to target for keywords or phrases? But i mean easyly..

Thanks

patmad, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  10. dirkthedigger

dirkthedigger Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can always shoot for long tail traffic, which makes a great strategy, but do not sell yourself short! You can rank for any keyword you want to, it just takes time my friend!

dirkthedigger, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  11. foxtrot1

foxtrot1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks tummer, i also have a problem like this, i figure it out now. thanks a lot

foxtrot1, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  12. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with tummer, title can play a major factor. Also your backlinks should use your keywords. One phrase per link and not the entire series of keyword phrases.
    For "free ps3", "free xbox 360" and "free ipods" you would want landing pages optimized for each.
    For optimizing a landing page check out youtube and search "optimizing a landing page" :)
    There are some great videos on this.

Best of Luck

HomeComputerGames, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  13. digitalX

digitalX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google adwords keyword external tool is very good to find longtail keywords and to enhance your revenue you choose keywords with high CPC and for that you just need to put your keyword and hit the button. CPC should be as low as $1.5 and be sure that the searches volume per month is minimum of 200 searches. it is not a tough task, so easy to find highly paying worthy keywords ..

digitalX, Jun 15, 2009 IP