1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Let's Join Together to Focus on Success and Support Each Other's Efforts

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by NowOnline, Jun 9, 2009.

Let me know if there are already groups that work this way and I will join them. Otherwise, I will work to put this together and develop something that will benefit all of us.

Let's assemble a growing group of serious net-marketers who have experience, but who could use assistance from others in order to become more successful. This would be a free membership site that doesn't try to trick you into making somebody rich or getting you to buy products. We would all use our special talents to help others, and in turn, others would help us.

I am open to any suggestions, but here are some ideas: Every member would be registered on various sites that could be used to get your webpages noticed.

> Digg
    > StumbleUpon
    > Reddit
    > Squidoo
    > HubPages
    > MySpace
    > Facebook
    > OnlyWire
    > YouTube
    > Technorati
    > etc.

Our members would provide positive comments, reviews, exposure, testimonials, etc. to other's pages, and other members would do the same for us.

If anybody needed help (want 10 articles to promote your product on article directories? Need a website built? Need a review of your product? Need to make a video tutorial?), our members would contribute their talents as needed, and if it was a time-consuming effort there could be a small hourly fee, or we could barter our services to each other.

What do you think about forming a group like this? Would it work, or is it stupid?

NowOnline, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  2. windflow

windflow Peon

Best Answers:
    Good idea.
    But How to build it?
    Who will build it?

windflow, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  3. PrettyJenny

PrettyJenny Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a very good idea. But maybe you should target smaller scope first: for example: first we cooperate voting each other on social bookmarking sites only :
    > Digg
    > StumbleUpon
    > Reddit

So we would be voting each other's stories. People who want to join this ring can post their username and links here. Just an example.

PrettyJenny, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  4. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    ...and let's all live in a rainbow forest on lollipop lane...

Face it, most internet marketers would rather scam you into signing up under their affiliate link for some crappy program rather than help you. A quick look around this forum makes that rather obvious. It's the unfortunate reality. Your idea is good in theory, but in practice it will never work. Sorry for being a realist.

EDIT - simple "Digg exchanges" have been done many times before - most members just end up getting banned from the site.

dlm, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  5. absolutelee

absolutelee Member

Best Answers:
    It's a great idea, but you'll have to really pick and choose who you work with. Personally, I would limit this to a few folks I knew well.

absolutelee, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  6. NowOnline

NowOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    "I find that on the internet, everyone is tough in an anonymous, pussy sort of way" - Josh Homme

That's a good one, dlm. Thank you for being a realist, and the comments received here so far have been encouraging.

I could coordinate the forming of a group like this, and quality control would be the main priority to avoid a rapid descent into stupidity and lawlessness.

We would need to be sure that members offered high-quality products/services and had talents/resources that would be valuable to other members. I am thinking we could focus on one campaign at a time -- one per week maybe. Everyone would have input on the most effective ways to publicize one particular site.

PrettyJenny, it's a good idea to start small as a test case and focus on just these sites for now.

> Digg
    > StumbleUpon
    > Reddit

If any one wants to offer management expertise for something like this, let me know. You can visit the website in my signature to see what I've pulled together so far. I do all the pages myself with Dreamweaver, and I do all the research, writing and artwork on my own.

Everyone has a different set of skills, and other members will have valuable input to contribute. Let's give this a try, but let's not be idiots...

NowOnline, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  7. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    magda, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  8. NowOnline

NowOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, magda. That is an informative posting, and I am opposed to any methods that violate rules that have been implemented to prevent people from abusing these various systems. That would not be tolerated if I have any control over this.

This is what we need: Pooling of resources and knowledge, and perhaps offering product/service reviews, comments for blog entries, honest testimonials, plus suggestions, advice, recommendations... There is a great deal that can be done to support each other's efforts, but illegal methods will never be an option.

NowOnline, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  9. lbrg

lbrg Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem here is that 90% of people on this forum only want to take advantage of this information and then post it on their new MAGICAL MONEY MAKING SYSTEM, and steal our hard work. I'm not pointing fingers here though.

lbrg, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  10. NowOnline

NowOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL! Only 90%?

I agree with you, but to be really successful in IM, you need to forget about competing -- you really can't compete with experts who have been doing it for 10+ years. We need to cooperate, share, and support each other. Find people who will help you, and you can help them. It's Quid Pro Quo -- something for something, a favor for a favor.

Cut throat methods and backstabbing have been played out and will get you nowhere. We're all in the same boat, and to succeed we need to learn to row together.

NowOnline, Jun 11, 2009 IP