1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with Font Weight declaration

Discussion in 'CSS' started by mnymkr, Jun 9, 2009.

Hello,

I am having trouble with font weight on my friend's WP blog.

http://www.bjrtechnologies.com/wp

the post text needs a stronger text but not exactly bold

the problem I am having is that font-weight seems not to work

if I declare font-weight: bold the text will bold

but no number declaration will work

can someone write a CSS declaration that should work to bolden the post text

mnymkr, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  2. ahsan_ma07

ahsan_ma07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try adding numbers instead of bold. For example you can try out font-weight: 100; to font-weight: 900;. Just test it out each to get the weight you prefer. Apart from bold you can use bolder or lighter as well. Hope it helps.

ahsan_ma07, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  3. markupdude

markupdude Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for asking this question. It provoked me to dig up why i never got any number value to work like as you desire a bit bold but not exactly very bold.

It seems many regular font families don't have different font-weight values apart from normal and bold [which i guess pretty much includes all websafe fonts like arial, tahoma, verdana, georgia]

As this W3C page says

Also looks like Myriad Pro has different weight values supported, so this guy managed to achieve that effect with 100, 200, 300 values - http://www.clagnut.com/blog/2228/

I guess you have to be satisfied with bold. Or if the titles are Georgia, how about testing with font-weight:normal and font-size:23px; does that look somewhat similar to ur expectations?

markupdude, Jun 9, 2009 IP
    kk5st likes this.
  4. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I have tried font-weight: bold and it works

I have tried every numer between 100 and 900 and it doesn't work.

so the conclusion then is Georgia con on be normal or bold and a font weight number can't be used?

mnymkr, Jun 10, 2009 IP