1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What I did right to increase my traffic

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by swapshop, Jun 5, 2009.

1. swapshop

swapshop Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks johnyboy could you show me you contribution? If you arent going to be postitive or constructive dont post ah....!

swapshop, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  2. Johnyboy

Johnyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    You're welcome!

I am trying to be as constructive as I can, but since your post is 4 pages long with 2-3 words per line you definitely don't care about me or anyone reading your posts.

Positive or constructive are two different words. This is a forum in which we can express own opinions. The fact that I or anybody else is posting its opinions doesn't mean to harm you or anybody else's feelings.

I apologize if you feel otherwise.

Johnyboy, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  3. petevamped

petevamped Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nice work keep it up you very well could have the new twitter site before you know it with your strategy

petevamped, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't understand that you have not focused on any income. How will you know if you have traffic that converts into sales, or just "stumble " type traffic that doesn't amount to much ?

I can appreciate you sharing tips, I am sure that it is helpful to many, however, I agree also that writing good content and a good presentation could have yielded you traffic in a matter of months, not a year, and I am also perplexed that you are quoting your traffic as "Hits" which means pretty much any and everything, not necessarily readers. (Uniques, Page Views, RSS Subscribers)

Also,how much of that traffic is directly from serps, or is it al referrer traffic ? If referrer traffic, from where ? Has it been targeted to capitalize a particular niche, or is it just general traffic ?

None of this means a whole lot if you are not converting traffic into revenue. 10,000 "hits" a day, yet no money is a lot worse than 100 uniques a day and some revenue.

hmansfield, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  5. swapshop

swapshop Peon

Best Answers:
    hmansfield all good points you make

I have very little traffic from SERPS
    Very little from referrals

But I see users reading 15-30 pages per visit rather than hitting the site and disappearing.

Site has over 200 uniques a day most appear to be word of mouth ie email again I see it in the stats.

I see google spread sheets listing a user(s) as part of their linking promotion.

Once I see the site settle down and traffic continuously growing I will look at revenue unless you feel there is a better way.

I am very open to feedback and would like to then see what changes user at DP can also make for me as there is a lot of wealth here.

Has it been targeted to capitalize a particular niche.
    At this stage yes and no. I am still watching to see a niche open up. I think we can all learn from users and see what they want rather than building a site into a niche market hoping users will come.

If I see a trend occurring I will then make this my niche. At this stage its simply 3 click social submission.

Johnyboy point not offended just look at you straight to the point posts.

I am trying to be as constructive as I can, but since your post is 4 pages long with 2-3 words per line you definitely don't care about me or anyone reading your posts.
    Actually I do care as this was the point of the post. I to was a newbie needing direction on building traffic. I found 90% of the answers at DP.

Positive or constructive are two different words. This is a forum in which we can express own opinions. The fact that I or anybody else is posting its opinions doesn't mean to harm you or anybody else's feeling
    Agree point taken...

swapshop, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  6. Gallus

Gallus Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, you did well!
    You post will be my instruction how to work. Very important information for newbie as me :)
    Do your best

Gallus, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  7. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    ThaX for the very informative thread.

geoiss2004, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  8. Johnyboy

Johnyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop spamming ... All you do is "ThaX for this ThaX for that" stop it.
    Contribute with something of value.

Johnyboy, Jun 14, 2009 IP