1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dofollow Blog - home improvement

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by shaileshk, Jun 8, 2009.

shaileshk, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  2. Johnyboy

Johnyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I had never understood what is the real purpose of having the "unfollow" tag to a link.

First of all, the owner of a blog with "unfollow" tags should think how they got the PR3 or PR6 in the first place. If anyone would have the "unfollow" tag in their links, I thing the web would be full of PR0 and PR1 websites.

This is a stupid idea invented I believe for a totally another purpose than having comments with nofollow on your blog.

Yet, almost everybody is using it so they won't share their "hard earned PRs" with everyone else. In the end, this is working against you every time you apply it, because someone who looks for a link will definitely look for the source code (like I do), and spot the "unfollow" tag instantly.

So, dofollow is useless since is the default option for a URL. The only problem is with the unfollow, and this will shrink the amount of comments OR activity on your blogs.

Webmasters usually do NOT mean to harm anyone, but sometimes they do. Well maybe "unintended", but the whole process goes in the wrong direction when it comes to building links to your website.

It is much easier to have your links "as is" and not modify your codes, because everyone important enough to your blog will notice. And what happens then? They simply leave and maybe never come back.

As for the content, if you really have enough high quality content (aka: provide real value to visitors), some will post a comment or two, but the majority out there have a blog or a website which needs links as much as you do. And if they see no value for their websites, they will go on one of the following:

1. will "copy your strategy" and implement a "nofollow tag" on their own
    2. will just leave your blog and never come back. (which I do for myself)

Since my opinion about "nofollow tag" is a bad one, I had never implemented it for comments or visitors which tend to provide value for my websites.

Johnyboy, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  3. swapshop

swapshop Peon

Best Answers:
    check google is seeing comments and url like this as spam....tread carefully

swapshop, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  4. Luc

Luc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Still looks like a NoFollow to me...

Luc, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  5. seawind

seawind Active Member

Best Answers:
    good, thanks for support dofollow

seawind, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  6. shaileshk

shaileshk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now see and let me know if you have query

shaileshk, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  7. Cannon_Ads

Cannon_Ads Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for share this....

Cheers!

Cannon_Ads, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  8. Johnyboy

Johnyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Since all your links are DoFollow even forum links, EXCEPT the comments links (which are NoFollow), I don't see any reasons why would somebody even bother posting.

If you are from India that would explain a bit why are you doing this. It seems a lot of Indian people scam others day by day.

I even come across an Indian website pretending they deliver free unique content for bloggers for free. But when you join free you end up asked to pay $19,95.

Even more, the so called unique content "have to be manually modified" LOL

So if you KNOW you don't have DoFollow blogs, why do you even bother lieing? Do you really think people are so stupid?

Even worse: Are you thinking YOUR visitors are so stupid? Well think again.

This is a post that needs to be reported.

PS: Again people, you can easily verify Nofollow-DoFollow links with a small add-on from Firefox called: NoDoFollow.

Johnyboy, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  9. dirkthedigger

dirkthedigger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice share, although I think that this still might be nofollowed buddy! Sorry, to tell ta!

dirkthedigger, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  10. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    ThaX for the free backlinks.

geoiss2004, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  11. nasi

nasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey this links are nofollow!Don't waste your time!!!!!!!!!!

nasi, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  12. MikeTheBuilder

MikeTheBuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    It's nice to see more bloggers removing the Dofollow tag -- it only sucks when you find out that isn't the case. However, I have a home improvement blog that I personally removed all nofollow tags. Check it out here home improvement articles & resources but please, don't waste your time with useless comments..

mbmcarpentry dot com/blog/

MikeTheBuilder, Jun 26, 2009 IP