1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web site Traffic

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by obosor, Jun 7, 2009.

1. swapshop

swapshop Peon

Best Answers:
    I have written a post about what I did to increase my traffic

Google doenst like comments, social networking with follow? Google against tells you to ensure your links have nofollow so they dont penalize the site so why would you post to a social network site with follow attrib?

Content is king write compelling content
    Update daily
    Add a google yahoo site map
    Create ezines with google reusable content
    Create a widget with backlink
    Create a free php script with backlink (depends on site)
    Make sure your have On Page SEO
    1. Title
    2. Meta tags
    3. Desc
    4. Keyords
    5. Bold or em tags
    6. H1 or H2 tags
    7. Compliance code W3C
    8. Robots txt file correct
    9. Use mod rewrite to make sure you have keywords in urls
    10. Content
    11. Content
    12. Content
    13. link baiting

Once you have this try off page as per other users examples to create back links

Wait read stats change keywords, research competitors to see why they rank better than you.

Wait.. try again...

swapshop, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  2. Johnyboy

Johnyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow you joined in February, yet you have 3 posts. That's a good example of why you have very little to no traffic.

If your idea of traffic is to join a forum and make 3 posts and expect traffic...
    I wish you very much luck with that. Is not going to work!

But if you joined to get a link back to your website, well I think this isn't going to work either since you're required to have 10 posts :)

Now, for the serious part of having a gazillion of visitors to your website I think I should write a book instead of making this post, because it would be a very long post.

For a beginner, who only started his website "yesterday" what I would do (not in the exact specific order) is:

1. The old Content King: having an organized posting method to your blog, or a planned webpage creation (as rare as one page per week OR 10 pages per month) will definitely keep you focused on YOUR website and not others.
    ... and I should say that Google loves content.

2. Yahoo.Answers: a good way to drive targeted traffic (interested visitors) to your website if and only IF done correctly.

3. Social Bookmarking sites: Once you have some really valuable content for your visitors, why not bookmark some of the posts to lots and lots of social bookmarking sites? Just make a search for "social bookmarking list" and see how much homework you get from there.

4. Google groups, Google trends, Yahoo 360, forums (more than 3 posts :D ), comments on other blogs and classifieds are just a fraction of free targeted traffic providers I can think of the top of my mind right now in this very moment. You will have to know a bit of SEO though.

5. Joint ventures: If you're more advanced and really want to boost your traffic to the sky, you can always do joint ventures. Find partners with a gazillion of subscribers that will love to hear from you, IF you have something in return. ie: are you promoting a product? It is a good way to partner with someone with a list of subscribers and give ... say: 50% in commissions.

6. Articles: I think this one needs no further presentation, as it is by far the best way "affiliate gurus" promote their businesses. As said before: content is king.

7. Creating and submitting VIDEOS: I am sure you watched at least a dozen of videos on Youtube. If not go there now :D
    This is another GREAT way to get instant traffic to your website. You could submit your newly created video to a lot of places.
    Some Youtube videos have millions of views. What if you only get a fraction say 1% of a 7 million views video to your website? That's 70.000 people seeing your website. Is your website even prepared to get that many?

8. Chat rooms: As like forums, chat rooms are much more interactive, because there when someone just views your profile it could be presented with your website link and you get an instant visitor.

9. Hub pages, Squidoo lenses: Just make a search on Google for a specific keyword ... say "make money online". I can guarantee you will find a lot of squidoo lenses in the results.

10. Twitter: another good place to talk to people (and what are visitors if not people rite?). Not so targeted though. You have to get "targeted" (interested) people following you.

11. WikiHow, Wikipedia: Two great places to insert your links. Beware: if you spam, you simply get your IP banned for good.
    A good way around this is if you really have something of value to say about a specific "virgin" topic. i.e: a term that has no page yet.

12. Offline advertisement: How overlooked is this section OMG. I don't know why people look at "drop flyers" in their neighborhood and never think about placing their own. Imagine a piece of paper with your website address in it IN A BUSS STATION. I think I don't have to say anything more...

I could go on and on on this "traffic strategies" topic and can't even imagine if I would ever finish. Each and every day a new website is born on the Internet, still it finds its way to the top positions on google for example. Internet is evolving, and if some tips do not work anymore there are 2-3 new that take their place.

If done a little spy on your competitors, you'll come out with so much work to do to get your wanted traffic that you'll have no time posting questions like these. It would be a complete waste of time.

I hope I helped in some way...
    Cheers,

PS: How stupid of me: Imagine I could get this "article" on Ezine and get a bunch of people to my site already. HAHAHA

Johnyboy, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  3. haiser

haiser Peon

Best Answers:
    there are some ways to get traffic,doing SEO is a free way. First research your keyword accurately. Try to find the micro niche in your niche.Post a unique article.Update continously.and you can get more traffic even with a little backlinks

haiser, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  4. popo50

popo50 Peon

Best Answers:
    consider PPC to get it cranking sooner than later.

popo50, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  5. Johnyboy

Johnyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    At the question level of experience I think PPC is out of the question. Until you can master a simple way like article marketing, which is BTW free and easy to do.... PPC is far away from the perfect way.

Don't you agree?

Johnyboy, Jun 13, 2009 IP