1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i have a hatered for islam

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by samantha pia, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't let's even get started on Italian, Greek, and Southern French olive oils. Mother of all wars.:D

northpointaiki, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You forgot Spanish. There is a lot of Italian oil that actually are re-branded Spanish oil. A company from Cordoba in Spain won the gold medal for the best olive oil last year. ;)

What do you think about truffle oil? It has such strong taste that you need very little of it. It can be an interesting alternative to olive oil in certain foods. Have you tried truffle brandy? I think it tastes awful.

gworld, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry, absolutely, Spanish olive oil is great (or can be - much like all of them, much like wine, there is crap, and there is truly liquid gold among all of the littoral countries).

Most truffle oil I know of is fake, and I don't really like using it, because of the difference between the "black truffle oil" or "white truffle oil" and the real deal from the Perigord or Alba - I am a big fan of real truffles, used properly. My personal bent is to use them, shaved fresh - as its character, while strong, is really volatile. As long as someone else is buying, that is. :D

Couldn't imagine truffle brandy - truffle's savory character is not something I'd want to blend with the sweetish effect of brandy or cognac.

northpointaiki, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  4. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Spanish are getting in to truffle oil market (actually everything with truffle) for Arab and far east market. 250 ml truffle oil (black truffle) is about 18 euro against 3.5 euro for the 1 liter of highest quality of olive oil.
    Have you seen olive oil production, it is as complicated as wine making. ;)

gworld, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Israeli olive oil :D

[​IMG]

bogart, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  6. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Soon the first olive oil to glow in the dark. :p

Will.Spencer, Jun 8, 2009 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  7. desipooja

desipooja Guest

Best Answers:
    hey Iam an Hindu. you cannot blame a religion for it..

But think of it is only the peoples mentality.

see American army has raped and killed many people in Abu garib prison which does not mean all the christians are worst by character.

there are good and bad in all religion.

desipooja, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  8. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a mistake from the religion. Because people can misuse anything by sacrificing the religion. I never blame for any religion. :)

blog8491, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

You my friend are a hypocrite. You can no more blame the US Army as a whole for the atrocities of the one or the few than you can blame religion for the same.

Next time site a valid sources, not something you read on some liberal rag like the NY Times.

:cool:

Mia, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  10. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    The majority of the army follow the Code of Conduct, the Geneva Convention, the Warrior Ethos, the Soldiers Creed, the Uniform Code of Military Justice, Federal Law, DOD Instructions/Regulations, and DA REgulations.

You can no more lump the military together as being the same people as you can a religion. It's ok, you want to be a hypocrite, thats fine, I understand, those pesky things (facts) do in fact get in the way. We'll try to keep them out of here for you.

People that do that in the US Army get investigated by the US Army Criminal Investigation Command (I used to work there) and get tried by Court Martial and then spend time in Leavenworth.

What happens to the Islamic fanatics/extremists when they blow up a US Convoy?????

hostlonestar, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  11. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wait.... the soldiers at Abu Garib said they are Christians? and I am assuming they did it in the name of their God while doing these stupid stunts???

OK, I know I was being facetious, but how often do you have to tell people that just because someone is American does not mean they are Christian.

Reminds me of the news and timothy mcphey (however that was spelled) some still call him a "christian terrorist" when he even says science was his religion.

debunked, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  12. desipooja

desipooja Guest

Best Answers:
    Again Iam not pointing any person. There are many good americans and few people who feel the pleasure by killing others.

Iam not pointing to any country or any religion. I was about to say that..

desipooja, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  13. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What nonsense. First off as mentioned before all Americans are not Christians. Second of all the American Army has NOT raped nor killed anyone in that prison, no if you mentioned torture your statement would have been more accurate. However the way it is (vastly exaggerated) it's very wrong.

Dude you specifically painted a picture about the American Army. An inaccurate picture at that...

ksb2050, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No, you are pointing to one group as a whole. That's no different than saying all Muslims are killers and rapists.

You are doing exactly that you said one should not do.

Hypocrite
    1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
    2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Got it?

Mia, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    And let's not forgot the most important part.

The U.S. armed forces has rules against "raped and killed many people in Abu garib prison" and every person who violated those rules is subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

Christians are commanded by Jesus to love their brother and turn the other cheek and a whole bunch of other hippie nonsense.

Muslims are commanded by Muhammad to "Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low."

You can't really compare the actions who are violating the rules of their organizations and the tenets of their religion with the actions of those who are following the commandments of their religion.

To do so is to commit a huge logical error and is an example of very sloppy thinking.

Will.Spencer, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  16. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    That is also a GROSS overstatement. The vast majority of the US army (By vast I mean about 98-99%) have not tortured anyone as well. Apparently, you are just as bad as him. Get your facts straight.

hostlonestar, Jun 19, 2009 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Actually that number is 99.99999% have not.

Mia, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  18. samster7

samster7 Banned

Best Answers:

I am 100 % agree with you.
    "Every religion advocate truth and mercy."

samster7, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I could name a few that do not.

Mia, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  20. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah the extremist of all religions. No matter which one you are, there's always going to be that small or big group that favors terrorism or killing / tormenting others. No religion is 100% people-friendly.

Stroh, Jun 19, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.