1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vbulletin/Community Earnings?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Nanofied, Jul 24, 2006.

I have my website www.boardingscene (currently working on switching servers so its really buggy) and I was wondering why I cant make any money with it.

My highest earning month was $10... thats it.

I was usinga friends adsense account but was only gettin 10 clicks a day and they were for about $0.10 each which really sux.

Does anyone got some good ideas on how to best earn money with a site like this?

What are people similiar to my stats earning. I have been spending $150+ a month on the site and not earning anything in reaturn.

If I sold it now I dont even think I would earn my money back.

Nanofied, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  2. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    well it could be that only people that do not snowboard call snowboarding, boarding. just a thought.

Blanket, Jul 24, 2006 IP
    aeiouy likes this.
  3. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    You should probably focus on building up the site first and revenue later. Very hard to monetize a site with nobody using it, and it makes it more difficult to build a site if it is over-monetized.

So focus on building it up, and this may take a good amount of time, then worry about adsense and how much money you are making.

aeiouy, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  4. Nanofied

Nanofied Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe I should put it this way. Say I continue to spend $150 or so a month equaling to about $1,500 a year, how long is it going to take to ever get that money back?

Also what are the best recommended moeny stategies for newer communities? Should I search out sponsors, or should I focus on letting them come. Or should I trying the contextual or affiliate route. I am just lost where to even start.

I signup up for www.text-link-ads.com and made about $20 so far.

Nanofied, Jul 24, 2006 IP