1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

13k Backlinks and PR1 But sites with Pr 0 and 0 backlinks beat me in rank.

Discussion in 'Google' started by rxghost, Jun 7, 2009.

So my site currently has 13k backlinks and a PR of 1. I'm trying to get my site #1 for a certain keywords, but other blogs that have less backlinks and a PR of 0 are beating me. Anyone know what I can do to increase my ranking?

Thanks.

rxghost, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  2. mrspeed

mrspeed Guest

Best Answers:
    The toolbar pagerank may not be the actual pagerank used to rank results.
    Also "13k Backlinks and PR1" sounds like you have a lot of crappy, spammy links.

mrspeed, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  3. themanbeast9

themanbeast9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest thing you can do is make sure your title tags contain keywords you're trying to rank for. If the links are genuine and not spammy, then it may just be because of some SEO mistakes.

themanbeast9, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  4. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ranking in SERPs depends on 200 factors that google consider. PR is only one of these 200 factors. So PR alone cannot help a site to reach the top of SERPs. Try to add useful information in your site and get some relevant and quality backlinks: this will help your site's ranking.

angilina, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  5. rxghost

rxghost Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of my backlinks are PR 4 and PR 3. Do those count as "spammy" backlinks? Also I'm already on the first page and competing with sites that have 0 backlinks.

rxghost, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  6. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, PR has very less significance as far as serps is concerned. For good serps, it is all the more important to get back links from like minded sites/blogs, rather than just highly ranked PR sites.
    Also, more widespread the links are from various types of sites, the better it is for getting good serps.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  7. mji2010

mji2010 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am in a similar situation, but I do notice that google never shows all the back links a person has. The only way to see your total backlinks is on webmaster tools.

mji2010, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  8. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I struggle to believe you as 13k backlinks from quality sites and PR1??? No way.
    about 5 months my site had 400 backlinks (according to yahoo site explorer) and most of the links were from directories and still I had PR3.
    your backlinks must be from forums posts or no follow as it's impossible to have 13k and pr1, so no wonder sites with less backlinks will beat you.

praetserge, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  9. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    How about your content, do you have more informative and interesting content than those who are ranking? Also did you gained those backlinks in short period of time? Links should be gain gradually and naturally, and not look like a manipulation.

WishBone, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  10. raphnix

raphnix Peon

Best Answers:
    There is something called as quality and unique backlinks.
    If your 13k backlinks really are quality ones, 75% of it should came from different unique websites and are related to what services you offer in your website.

Imagine you have 13K BL and yet your site is only PR1, that sure have a negative effect on your site's reputation in SEs. My blogs only have 4k to 5k BL yet they have 2 and 3 PRs

raphnix, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  11. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    if you have 13k links and are being beaten by genuine PR0 sites, your links are worthless.

If we couldn't beat those sites with 2 good links I'd be surpised. ..3, without a shadow of a doubt ;)

SEOibiza, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  12. Justcars.ie

Justcars.ie Peon

Best Answers:
    Reduce your links and only link to sites with pr3 or more. 2 if you have to.

Justcars.ie, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  13. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I allways say ... PR and rankings are 2 diffrent things ...

w3bmaster, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  14. wazpy

wazpy Peon

Best Answers:
    Page rank has nothing to do with how high you appear. I'm not really all that sure what page rank is used for besides impressing people who know nothing about SEO. It gives you a little strength in a business deal to mention "I'm a page rank 5 and your site is only a 1."

Your back links should be decent though. I recommend leaving thoughtful comments on some dofollow blogs if you want quick links. Don't spam them though. Make sure you actually have something to say.

Directories are worthless.

wazpy, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  15. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    13,000 backlinks are a large number and would suggest that you have taken any links available. There is no such thing as a bad backlink but try to stick with links that relate to sites in your particular niche.

lightlysalted, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  16. michaeljm72

michaeljm72 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have to rather agree with this. if you are talking google serps and you have those many backlinks, they must be either no-follow or very low quality pages that are linking to you. do some seo optimization with your on site stuff, like with the title and description tags that might help

michaeljm72, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  17. crash9811

crash9811 Member

Best Answers:
    Changing my content often helped me.

crash9811, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  18. greatme

greatme Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's A Content quality with keyword density matter. Try to use very good unique Articles Content on your blog with good keyword density. Also try to add your main keyword in your Meta Title, description & on Keywords.

greatme, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  19. chevchelios

chevchelios Active Member

Best Answers:
    You want to rank high with 13 backlinks ???

chevchelios, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  20. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a lot of useles back links and a "horrible" on page optimization.

monfis, Nov 16, 2009 IP