1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing.com is doing ALL the right things!

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by aquaaura, Jun 6, 2009.

A couple nights ago, my brother and I were watching the NBA finals. If you're not a basketball fan in the U.S. then you should know that this is an event watched by millions and millions and more millions of people. (Not as big as the super bowl, but it's up there.)

Anyhow, Bing.com aired a commercial during the height of the game and it was quite captivating. The commercial was funny,smart, and creative. It made me want to try it out. I'm sure I wasn't the only person thinking this out of the 7 million people watching.

Bing.com obviously has some great marketing plans up their sleeve, so I expect them to be a competitor of Google. They will probably never take the 70% of all Internet searches that Google has, but they will take about 30% in the future.

It's also already been recorded that Bing.com has beat out Yahoo searches. Let's see if this isn't just a bunch of launch hype. I'm excited for Bing! (We might have to start some PPC campaigns over there, too!) :)

What's your take on this?

aquaaura, Jun 6, 2009 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  2. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of them until a few days ago when I noticed huge traffic to some of my sites from Bing.com!

Great to see Google isn't the only search engine we have to rely on...

giorgioarmani, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  3. gbit

gbit Active Member

Best Answers:
    The way just bing.com is doing is great .....................................

gbit, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ofcourse they are buying commercials, they have google to tend with
    which they'll never beat,, who is going to go home and "bing" something
    we all "google" stuff all day ;)

bing, aka live.com aka msn.com will all fall to the great google ;)

Brandon Sheley, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  5. koan

koan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's because Bing was revealed just a few days ago :D It's also just the new name of Live, with improvements.

koan, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  6. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    And you want that to happen moron? I'm glad MS is continually trying to break google's market share. I don't like that google has a tight grip monopoly on search. Why would you want them to fail? I can't see you being a serious webmaster at all. Since competition is the backbone of a free market economy, any businessman should know that. Competition is a good thing genius.

MelfromBoD, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  7. Registernuke

Registernuke Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree also that if Bing does well everyone will benefit, though I doubt it will improve it's market share right away. Consider the results if it does improve and takes a relative decent chunk out of Google and Yahoo. Ppc ads will be more competitive which means better prices to the consumers, webmasters and any business for that matter and then that will cut the overhead of any business who uses ppc and will then provide more profit. I know it is unlikely that Bing will take off but lets be positive and when you think about it do we really have anything to nothing to lose, just all to gain.

Registernuke, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  8. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    PLEASSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...let there be some new competitor for google...PLEASE let BING be very successful. I hate google dominating the whole internet.

GeorgR., Jun 6, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  9. aquaaura

aquaaura Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm so tired of Google controlling the entire Internet also!! The search engines are flooding with Internet marketers trying to optimize their pages. It's time for a new, clean slate. Bing can do that!

aquaaura, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  10. cdbelajar

cdbelajar Member

Best Answers:
    I just hope bing will have product like google adsense too :) However google is still the best, google send a million money every month to their publisher, how about yahoo and live, msn, they don't do anything like what google done. Google send money their publisher in the world. Yahoo and MSN, Live only for some countries. I love google.com!

cdbelajar, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  11. acuares

acuares Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing has a lot of nice features that Google currently doesn't have. So far it is a big improvement from MS Live. But i just can't get over with its name. Bing, for a search engine? Absurd, don't you think? MS should have given it a name that people can easily associate with search, like Find.com, Ask.com, etc.

acuares, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  12. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you're saying you knew what google meant before google came along. It's about creating a brand, a name for people to remember. Take a marketing class.

MelfromBoD, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  13. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i hope they succeed..we all need other options

templates, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  14. Relmn

Relmn Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are true.

Bing has already surprassed the Yahoo and can not say that Bing will overtake Google.

But sure Bing can be a good competitor for Google. Atleast, we have someone who can compete with Google. I fed up with the monoply of Google.

Really need some change and a fresh look for WEB. Hope uncle 'Bill' has some ideas for all us.

Relmn, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  15. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    it cannot be more absurd than "google"...i still remember when i heard "google" the first time. I thought its the most absurd name ever.

GeorgR., Jun 6, 2009 IP
  16. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thier alexa is amazing. 27k and they justed started.

I am getting real good results from them. I am ranking high also!

indyguidedotinfo, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  17. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt very much if this is true. The numbers at Bing might have increased for the launch period due to excessive hype but it is way too early to announce them to have beaten Yahoo..and so quickly!

I would wait for figures of a much longer period to see how they sustain their user's interest....before dethroning Yahoo from its second place.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  18. .SR

.SR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am tired after eating same dish again and again. I need different dish with new recipes. :) Run Bing Run.............!

.SR

.SR, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  19. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I can say, good luck BING! :)

wptheme, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  20. alygames

alygames Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft has allocated 100 millions $ only for marketing and publicity for Bing.com

I thing MS expects some good results after this campaign and i have to admit that Bing has a lot of options that make my work easy. For me is very good!

alygames, Jun 7, 2009 IP