1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hello, I am here to. . . .

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by trustjon, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello all!!!

I am Jon. I am from India. I am a student. I am here to learn some practical marketing tips or anything which can help me to earn some cash for my pocket money. Can anyone suggest a book (available in India & not too costly) which can help me to learn about web designing? I am really very crazy about it but I don't know anything about it! :(

I choose DP for this work as I believe that in DP I can get suggestion from real and experienced people. :D

Thanks.

trustjon, Jun 4, 2009 IP
    KangBroke likes this.
  2. ContentConcepts

ContentConcepts Guest

Best Answers:
    Jon,

I'm not sure if by "web design" means the actual graphical design of the site, or the coding, but regardless, I would stay away from the books at first, as there is a wealth of information on the internet that you can use.

For instance, if you are talking about the actual coding, of the site, then you need to start out by learning some HTML coding. A site that we recommend to our clients who are also just starting with HTML is W3Schools.com. This site has a plethora of information about HTML, and will help you get up and running quickly with just their information and the Notepad application on your computer!

If you are looking for more graphic design information, then you first need to determine how much skill you have with design techniques. There are a ton of free CSS guides on the internet, and if you are looking for Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Fireworks information, then a bunch of free tutorials exist out there as well.

Good luck in your search and your learning!

C.A.
    ContentConcepts

ContentConcepts, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  3. thedagon

thedagon Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi trustjon... walk together.. welcome to dp

thedagon, Jun 5, 2009 IP
  4. blackhunter250

blackhunter250 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    welcome to DP

blackhunter250, Jun 5, 2009 IP
  5. AussieDomainer

AussieDomainer Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi

Welcome to DP. I hope you're enjoying it here. I'm not too sure on good books but if you take a good look and search around this forum you will find lots of good information that I'm sure you'll find a big help. There's also some other great sites out there to help in learning web design/coding.

AussieDomainer, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  6. trustjon

trustjon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thankyou verymuch for this warm welcome and so many suggestions!!

trustjon, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  7. trustjon

Best Answers:
    I have seen the site you mentioned before, but the problem with me is that I get distracted when using internet for "STUDYING"...... :D

Thankyou for your suggestion and I too feel that internet is the best way to learn. I will try my best.

trustjon, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  8. trustjon

Best Answers:
    I am very happy to be here!! I love this place. I have never received so many suggestions at the cost of one single post. Thankyou to all the DP members and ofcourse DP for doing this wonderful job. Thankyou Verymuch.

trustjon, Jun 7, 2009 IP
    KangBroke likes this.
  9. trustjon

Best Answers:
    I am also glad to See you.

trustjon, Jun 7, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.