1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Credibility Indicators

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JohnScott, Jul 22, 2006.

1. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    BINGO!

I don't promote my link sales based on PR, I focus on selling my links based on my traffic patterns and the nature of my content. From time to time advertisers will buy links to non-relevant sites, but for the most part the advertisers that really stick around year after year are very relevant and are targeting my traffic as much as much as anything else.

Besides if selling a few irrelevant links helps provide extra income that allows me to buy more articles than those links still help add value to my site, just indirectly.

KLB, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  2. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    If you are asking because you are interested in what factors influence credibility as far as users in general are concerned then this is a good place to start - Stanford Guidelines for Web Credibility

I've just written about Page Strength and PR.

- Michael

Michael, Jul 24, 2006 IP
    MattUK likes this.
  3. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice article Michael - probably a bit too in depth for the average webmasters buying and selling links, but it would be good to see people looking at something other than PR.

MattUK, Jul 24, 2006 IP