1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Article Marketing still work?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by aamigallery, Jun 3, 2009.

How's everyone's experiences with article marketing? I've written a couple of articles and had them approved at EzineArticles. Initially they were getting published but for a while now that's not happening, not with the old articles and not with newer ones either. I've found quite a few that just copy the article and dump the author's detail box It looks like the web's changed now that blogging and RSS feeds are mainstay.

Is it now a matter of submitting your article to a 100 article directories rather than hope they get republished?

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

aamigallery, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  2. GameFriends.com

GameFriends.com Peon

Best Answers:
    They almost never get republished on their own...but I have noticed some of my circulating about (probably scrapper blogs). Article marketing does work but it's not as effective as it use to be. With duplicate content filters and more and more article directories becoming bugged/parked/redirected the list is only down to a couple that have stood the test of time. I would use Ezine articles until you get the hang of it.

GameFriends.com, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  3. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, they do work, but here's the catch: How much time do you have to put into it before you see any results? And, how well are those results??? Also, are those results consitent???

In the long run, no, article marketing does not work consistently.

The real rub is you are putting in more hours than it is worth. Then, again, it may be worth it to you.

Many doing this work more hours and get back less $ than a minimum-paid worker, but they still think it is worth it, so....

The exception would be if you have a big site, like, say, Askmen.com carrying them on a weekly basis.

But, try it anyway, to see for yourself.

copper12, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  4. Wulfster

Wulfster Peon

Best Answers:
    You aren't going to see the results you expect with a couple articles unless you're really lucky.

Write lots of articles on a given niche (that has proven conversion potential), and you'll start seeing the results you're looking for. As an example, I have somewhere between 40 and 50 articles on Ezine in one of my decent niches that made 20 sales last month (~$200).

I get more traffic from other sources, but the articles are worth the effort for me.

Wulfster, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  5. Haste

Haste Peon

Best Answers:
    you write an article on a certain product? Im trying to get traffic for my blog site, should I do something like that?

Haste, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  6. Wulfster

Wulfster Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you write articles and get traffic to your blog? Sure.

It's a bit more than just writing articles about products though. You need to figure out the problems/needs the product fills in your niche then write about the problem or solutions to the problem. Then, of course, your signature suggests that you've found other solutions...

Wulfster, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  7. jsamdirect

jsamdirect Peon

Best Answers:
    I think so... however you need to really be picky about the sites you put your articles on. Stay away from ones that allow duplicate content. These articles will end up on 1000's of sites and kill your rankings.

<shameless plug>
    I just put up an article site dedicated to how to articles related to technology. I only allow 100% original content and allow the author to post there AdSense or other banner code in the article.

My How To Articles - www.myhowtoarticles.com
    </shameless plug>

jsamdirect, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  8. MarkOwens

MarkOwens Peon

Best Answers:
    It definitely still works. I still make nearly $200 a day with it. With Article Marketing, it's more about quantity but your articles still need to make sense and give some call to action.

All the best!

MarkOwens, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  9. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well it still works to a certain extent, but not as well unlike a few years back.

cool_78, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  10. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    if you decide to submit to hundreds of directories, go the extra mile and make the article unique each time you submit it. Otherwise you'll be wasting your time, bandwidth and disk space.

contentboss, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  11. Getagrip

Getagrip Peon

Best Answers:
    Case in point: my friend just got his first sale doing BUM Marketing. Does it still work? You betcha!

Getagrip, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  12. aistores01

aistores01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Will something like APR help make it unique, or do you use some other software or techiques to make your article unique across hundreds of article directories.

aistores01, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  13. jonathanfigaro

jonathanfigaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Article writing works only if you are constant with this task! If you inconsistent it isn't worth your time!

jonathanfigaro, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  14. Andrew C MN

Andrew C MN Guest

Best Answers:
    Very true.

At MoreNiche we produce regular article for our affiliates to (rewrite and) publish. If you can devise a regular flow of articles and publish them, they will produce results (depending on your market).

For example I work in the male enhancement market, and create 2 articles every two weeks. If a affiliate regularly publish these articles, they tend to experience more traffic to their sites and arguably indirectly more sales.

Incidentally a LOT of sales also seem to come from e-zine articles. Quite a scary number in fact.

Andrew C MN, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  15. kingwallace

kingwallace Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course article marketing still works. Get it outsourced. Write (or have written) a root article and spin the shit out of it.

kingwallace, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  16. tarron

tarron Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing still works for me... I stay away from too may directories too. There are too many these days in my opinion. I only use Ezinearticles & articles base. I stopped submitting to goarticles & articlecity becuase my traffic was better with the other two.

tarron, Jun 4, 2009 IP