1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Redirect or Static Sites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ErnestHemingway, Jun 3, 2009.

Hey guys

I have this niche I been trying to dominate and I have bought almost all the domains with main keywords.. They are actual keywords people search for, now my question is --

Should I redirect all of them to my main SITE?

or

Should I build static HTML pages on them with relevant content and then just link back to main site with banners and links and try to get those pages ranked?

What is the best way to go about this?

Thank you

ErnestHemingway, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  2. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just owning the domains:

mainkeyword1.com
    mainkeyword2.com
    mainkeyword3.com

and throwing up a 301 redirect back to main site is not going help you at all IMO. By 301 redirecting the mainkeyword1.com URL to your mainsite.com, you are telling Google to give mainsite.com credit for all existing inbound links (and link text) to mainkeyword1.com AND more importantly, it tells Google to remove the mainkeyword1.com URL from their index (so it will never show in the SERPs) replacing it with mainsite.com. So it's going to do nothing IMO.

You would need to build sites at each of those URLs, preferably with their own unique content targeting the same keyword (and hopefully lots of other similar but longer tail keywords) as the domain is targeting.

Canonical, Jun 3, 2009 IP
    ErnestHemingway likes this.
  3. GameFriends.com

GameFriends.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Spot on again Canonical. In the past I ran a bunch of sites and tried to do something similar. In the end it's really a big waste of time building up sites and then redirecting them because there is always something lost in translation...whether it's links/SERPS or PR. Your best bet (if you already own all these websites) is to work as hard as you can creating unique content (lot of writing) on each one and interlinking them (the sites are related and you own them so I don't see any issues with the interlinking). In the end it's probably easier to focus on one site versus 30.

GameFriends.com, Jun 3, 2009 IP
    ErnestHemingway likes this.
  4. SEO_Michael

SEO_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    I do this frequently. What I recommend is letting the domains/sites marinate for a little while on their own, 2 to 6 months, before linking to the main site.

And don't do a redirect, it's better to link instead. Also make sure the different sites are on different IPs.

SEO_Michael, Jun 3, 2009 IP