1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quadrupled my CTR thanks to DP members.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Critters, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jboo

Jboo Active Member

Best Answers:
    WHOIS:doctor-news.com

Creation Date: 30-Jun-2006

I doubt it, is this your site ;) or where did you read it's making that much?

Jboo, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  2. Computer(Jew)

Computer(Jew) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Howdy .
    I have a new site , www .parkour.tv , launched around a week ago ...
    I am new to this , and the whole site is hand-coded , and I update it daily ...

And today's stats are......
    Edit : LOW CTR . I didn't know it is against google's ToS to publish it m thank you jboo .

:( . I need some advice ....

Computer(Jew), Jul 21, 2006 IP
  3. Jboo

Jboo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Computer(Jew),

Although this may not be the opinion of others; here are a few things that I would do:

- Blend the left column ads into the grey background
    - If possible place a banner ad or rectangle ad in between posts (such as inbetween "Russian Parkour With some Plot" and "Classic Parkour , Early video")
    - Place some images above the ad at the top of the page (like this thread recommends) as my eyes immediately look at the images in the centre of your page when loading, thus skipping past the banner ad.

The problem I think you'll have is that I doubt there are many advertisers for Parkour, so the ads may not seem appealing to a visitor who is specifically looking for Parkour related info and links, so this may explain the low click through.

Make sure you edit your post above as displaying your CTR is against google's terms.

Jboo, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  4. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yes, as a short suggestion, remove your CTR and click count. The only numbers you are allowed to display from your account are impressions and actual profits.

fsmedia, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  5. Computer(Jew)

Best Answers:
    I am not worried much about not having parkour-related ads , as I am not aiming at parkour-practicing audience , and I actually had quite a big fight with their official community .
    The site mostly for entertainment purposes .
    I was thinking about placing something after each entry ... is there a maximum of ads per page ?
    Thank you very much for your answers btw . I am a total newbie .

6. Computer(Jew)

Best Answers:
    Erm , found it

Multiple ad units can help optimise your performance by leveraging our large inventory of ads. You can place up to three ad units per page (in addition to one link unit and one referral button per product)

bummer.

7. Jboo

Jboo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could always remove the second ad in your left column and then place one inbetween the posts if you'd prefer (I would but that's just me!).

Can I ask if you're not targetting a Parkour related audience with this site then who are you hoping you're visitors are going to be? My point being that if I found your site via a search engine it'd probably be from searching for Parkour related content because you have a Parkour page title, and "Parkour" throughout your site description and keywords. So having then found your site in the search engines and visited your site I would then not be inclined to click on an ad that advertises "Free Local Classified Ads", "Magic Tricks" and "Soccer" like what is being displayed currently.

The success of a click through is largely dependent on whether the ad is relevant to the site and interesting to the site visitor. Google does the first part very well if their are enough relevant ads to display. Having a quick search on google for "parkour" shows only 2 ads and 1 of them is for your site.

Or were you thinking differently in terms of the types of visitors you were hoping to attract?

Just my thoughts. Hope this helps somewhat.

Jboo, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  8. Computer(Jew)

Best Answers:
    I am going for people that like entertainment and extreme sports in general . I am hoping for the same type of visitors that browse around for MMA videos , extreme sport videos , soccer compilations ,BMX , etc ...
    Such visitors might be interested in other sites that provide entertainment/gear/dvds ...
    I will do just what you said ,with the ad placemennt,and also got some images and use them to draw attention to the ads ...

This is my first site , and I am learning more than anything else . I greatly appriciate your advice .

9. NoobieDoobieDo

NoobieDoobieDo Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been paying close attention the the good tips I've seen at this forum and I've tried to use as many of them as I could. Initially my clicks went up but I seem to have levelled out again.

Hopefully with more traffic I can see greater results.

Thanks to everyone !

NoobieDoobieDo, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  10. coxis

coxis Peon

Best Answers:
    traffic is everything :)

coxis, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  11. manateemedia

manateemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Critters, I've noticed since you started this post that your ad format has changed. You now have borders on your ads and have changed your images. Did google request this? Just curious, because I was using this technique and got an email from google...although I have no clue if Google was complaining about my use of images or something else.

manateemedia, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  12. Computer(Jew)

Best Answers:
    Look at my site on parkour.tv ...
    Do you think I might get hammered for my image/ad placement ?

Computer(Jew), Jul 22, 2006 IP
  13. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    If you read few pages back you will see Google now require a visible border between ads and images. This could be a large gap, but best to use the built in border property adSense offers. Or put in a line image.

Critters, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  14. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm starting to think that entire issue is at each auditor's discretion - on a recent site I had some pretty crazy integration with images as well and Google gave me the thumbs up. If anyone from Google calls me on it, I'll reference the original email saying it's okay.

Art, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  15. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been told by one adSense team member something was OK then they retracted it a week later (this is not to do with images, it was to do with the adSense for search) They informed me via email of the retraction, and gave me plenty of time to update my code.

So it is important to:
    1. Get permission before going live with any radical changes (I said this in my first posts that you should make a private page with the ads on then email adSense with the link for approval)
    2. Keep the approval email
    3. Remember that you agreed to the TOS and that it states that adSense can change their policy as and when they see fit, which is pretty standard.

16. coxis

coxis Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok so did anybody got the images with the ads and by the end of the month the google team say ok and give him the money like they do normal ?

coxis, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  17. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    If noone got paid after doing this I think you would see MANY posts about it here :)

18. coxis

coxis Peon

Best Answers:
    I try to email google to verify my ads.

But in the other hand i can have that ads and see maybe in the end of month the will say it is ok by sending me money OR i email them and they say that is not ok so i need to turn the ads off and that sux becuase i see this kind of ads on many pages.

What to do , what to do....

coxis, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  19. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    Well you should have done what the thread said and put the new ads on a hidden page, and emailed that link to Google to get approval before you did it to your whole site...

Start touching wood :)

Critters, Jul 24, 2006 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  20. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As regards images, as long as you keep at least 1 space it should be ok

infonote, Jul 24, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.