1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to prevent my competors to click my adwords ads?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by sexymassage, May 27, 2009.

I want to run adwords, but I am afraind my competors click my ads, what should I do to prevent that?

sexymassage, May 27, 2009 IP
  2. gdi

gdi Peon

Best Answers:
    i guess you can not do that, you can not prevent them click your ads !

gdi, May 27, 2009 IP
  3. hbl

hbl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is always a risk that competition can play dirty tricks like that but Google has tools in place to monitor and prevent click fraud. They are referred to as "invalid clicks". You can run a report to see if there have been any invalid clicks caught on your account.

hbl, May 27, 2009 IP
  4. morgi666

morgi666 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid you can't. Google is filtering clicks that looks like click fraud (ofcours not as many as they should) but there is nothing you can do to stop it.
    What you can do is to claim refund from Google. If you have 3rd party tracking and you can provide reports with clicks,conversions,IP's, referrers, time/date - get that all together and send to you Google manager. If you don't have one, then you need to send it to general email.

Sometimes a simple phone call to your competitor will do the job. Don't shout, be calm and explain them that it can work in both directions and on end of the day you both will be loosing money when others will get benefits from that.
    Good luck ;)

morgi666, May 27, 2009 IP
  5. schgrv

schgrv Active Member

Best Answers:
    U don't need to have much concern about invalid clicks by your competitors or any other resources. Adwords system has much sense to fight with such vulnerable activities. For much information on this topic i am pasting here URL of a video, i am sure it wud help u lot......

http://adwords.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=90448

schgrv, May 27, 2009 IP
  6. Louis Winthorpe III

Louis Winthorpe III Peon

Best Answers:
    I see every week I have invalid clicks but only ever get a refund every now and then from Google, never to the levels of these reported 'Invalid Clicks'. Last week I got 20, but did I get a refund for anywhere near that amount? Nope!

Louis Winthorpe III, May 27, 2009 IP
  7. Cheshire

Cheshire Peon

Best Answers:
    Track the IP's that hit your website. When you see a single IP that has come to your website say 10-20 times in a week add them to your IP exclusion list in Adwords. Google will not show your ads to them anymore.

Tools -> IP Exclusion

Cheshire

Cheshire, May 27, 2009 IP
  8. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    nothing you can do unfortunately - if it looks like your account is being taken advantage of then Google will probbaly do something about it. If you think it is and Google aren't doing anything then get hold of your logs and get in touch with Google with th evidence, they're usually very happy to sort that kind of stuff out

JHardy_WV, May 27, 2009 IP
  9. jjyy2006

jjyy2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    That hard to prevent competitor click your ad if they using proxy click your ad you can't know which IP come from .

jjyy2006, May 27, 2009 IP
  10. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is up to your competitors.

Traffic-Bug, May 27, 2009 IP
  11. enginez

enginez Peon

Best Answers:
    Not only does Google do a great job at catching them, but if they click a lot and get away with it, guess what? Your CTR goes up, and your costs come down. They'll hurt you a little, but not a lot. And if you don't go away, they'll give up kinda quickly.

enginez, May 31, 2009 IP
  12. lacklusteridea

lacklusteridea Peon

Best Answers:
    my competitors click on my ads too. so i just click the shit out of theirs...

lacklusteridea, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  13. jeffh23

jeffh23 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is not much you can do as blocking IP's is only a minor fix. Also, by using proxies, or multiple locations not only can't you block them but Google will not recognize them as duplicate clicks. At the end of the day it's a cost of doing business. Write it off and move on.

jeffh23, Jun 2, 2009 IP