1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are backlinks and what are they good for !!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mircea007, May 31, 2009.

Ok im new to this seo thing and my site www.flashjunkies.com its been up for about 1 month now ... and i saw you need backlinks and links to get your rank up in google

My question is what are backlinks exactly and where can you put them ( examples of where you can create the backlinks for your website)

I submited the site to a bunch of free directories with a pr higher then 3 ( is that good for backlinks )

Thank you

mircea007, May 31, 2009 IP
  2. goodfta

goodfta Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, the best way to get backlinks is write a press release and submit to a bunch of free press release sites
    also write articles on your business and subject matter

Each of those things will help you get solid backlinks.

goodfta, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  3. George Sotello

George Sotello Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are links from other websites that link back to your website. Typically you want to stay away from blog farms and backlink purchases...Google can decipher if you are getting natural backlinks or not.

Google counts backlinks as a sort of "vote" to your website and counts it in part of their PR formula. The better related your backlink is to your website with the appropriate text link, the better off you are. Also, it tells Google that your site is important for this or that keyword.

Hope this helps

George Sotello, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  4. arkrose

arkrose Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlink is one of the major factors in SEO. That's still not the only one. Some other page pointing to your site gives you credit what Google is looking for. Still, if you have a bigger site (something like 100 pages) and you have good internal linking build in (your own pages pointing to one and another) you don't need so many backlinks from external pages to get a good ranking result. This is a pretty advanced technique and hard to master, but worth to learn if you are serious about ranking in Google.

This is my own oppinion...directory submissions help you to get PR, but how much you are getting through that is a bit of a mystery. With huge site with good internal linking AND directory submissions with good keywords...should get a good result. Like I said...own oppinion...all DP SEO masters might not agree... :)

arkrose, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  5. techsinu

techsinu Peon

Best Answers:
    Back links are those websites that are linking to your website.. Same niche links are always a boon. Build more links by Social bookmarking, PR and Articles

techsinu, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  6. Knighthood123

Knighthood123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Knighthood123, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  7. Yardy009

Yardy009 Peon

Best Answers:
    when google indexing it counts backlinks for all websites.so backlinks is useful to get page rank and also you can b listed on top in such keywords in search engine if you get enough backlinks.

Yardy009, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  8. sasabi

sasabi Peon

Best Answers:
    press release works the best, even submit them to paid directories for maximum reslut

sasabi, Jun 1, 2009 IP