1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some help in breaking into top 10 for my keyword

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jihoy, May 31, 2009.

I am having trouble breaking into the top 10, for "free classified ads" in US Google result, I have been between #11 to #20 since march, and I feel I am hitting a brick wall.

I tried article submissions, social bookmarking, classified ads posting, blog commenting, press releases, etc... I went from 1100 indexed links to over 5000+ in Google Webmaster Tools. But seems like I am not gaining much rank at all.

Any suggestions as to how to break into top 10 for that keyword? Or should I focus on different keywords and different URLs around? I have been spreading the SEO effort around two dozen keywords to create a more balanced link built, but I fear that might dilute the effort. Not sure what to do.

Jihoy, May 31, 2009 IP
  2. Jack Bastide

Jack Bastide Guest

Best Answers:
    Are you using a tool Liek Seo Quake or
    Seo For Firefox to see how many links you
    competition has?

I would think that Free Classified Ads would
    be pretty competitive

Jack

Jack Bastide, May 31, 2009 IP
  3. Jihoy

Jihoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, I used SEO quake for a while, it is far more competitive than most of other niches since top competitors are well established and have fairly high page rank, and I wouldn't even dream of competing for #1 (craigslist!). So I'd probably have to get optimize some less searched terms, I guess.

Jihoy, May 31, 2009 IP
  4. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    page 2 is still an excellent result for a keyword like that! how long have you been running that site? the key is time - keep at it and you will get there - you seem to be putting in the effort!

geoiss2004, May 31, 2009 IP
  5. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i c your site at #11 for your term. moving up only one spot can get you to the front page which should not be very hard to do. all you need is some high quality contextual backlinks

sultanofseo, May 31, 2009 IP