1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I Alone When I say that Social Marketing is Usless?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by IamNed, May 27, 2009.

1. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't say millions of views on their site - and whether millions of people watch on YouTube (as opposed to their official site) doesn't really matter. People are still watching - just the fact that you know who Blendtec is speaks volumes. When (and if) I'm looking to buy a professional-grade blender, they will be my first choice (solely because of the videos).

I take it you've never taking a marketing course. If you had, you would realize social networking is an incredibly powerful marketing tool that many (large and small) corporations are using effectively. Maybe we need to differentiate between "internet marketing" and marketing in general. As I said, don't be naive and say the whole social networking industry is useless just because you haven't figured out how to use it properly.

dlm, May 28, 2009 IP
  2. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I expected that response.

So you would share your site so that the world can see and have others imitate/compete?

I doubt it.

Romanorc, May 28, 2009 IP
  3. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, that is what iamned is talking about: Getting visitors to the webamster's site. So....

*shrugs shoulers* Not really. I saw their ads quite awhile back. I started watching their kick-ass videos on youtube and in other sites last year. I have yet to go to their site.

By the way, their site now gets less than 2,000 daily visitors. Maybe, maybe 1,000. Noobs get more than that, just out of sheer luck.

And since it is a safe bet that many of those did not come from social network(s), it ain't workin' too well for them in the traffic department, huh?

I think it is pretty safe to assume that we can agree to disagree,. You hold on to your networks that don't work, and I'll do my thing.

And, um, jaxrefinance, your back peddlin' ain't workin.'

But what a great way to show me up in front of others, huh?

So....

copper12, May 28, 2009 IP
  4. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    No back peddling, copper... just telling you the truth.

You would never advertise what your site was if it was successful in a forum such as this as you would not want the competition either.

Not playing to the "crowd" either, if we were sitting across from each other having a cold beer I would be saying the same thing.

5. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Uh-huh. Okay.

Oh, by the way...TheList.FM.

I ain't skeered. :)~

If you are going to bullshit, at least be good at it. ;-)

6. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think that youtube,digg and twitter can be very good money makers if you research them a bit end put some effort and time in them.

I made a youtube video,in literally half an hour using a slideshow,that gets me about 300 viewers daily and brings about 200$ monthly,I am still researching how to use youtube properly but I see that it has potential.30 minutes of work for 200$ monthly,I didn't lifted a finger after I made that video.

I also admit that I maybe had a bit of luck because other videos are not bringing in a lot of visitors but they can make you some extra income every month.

Michael T., May 28, 2009 IP
  7. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:

I don't normally respond to people that are hell bent on insulting others because it's almost always a lost cause... you know, throwing pearls before swine and all.

Being as close minded as you are, you are missing out on learning a valuable tip to grow your presence on the web. Take a step back, look at your conversation from an objective view and you may realize that you are coming off like a jerk.

I'm not saying you are a jerk just that you are coming off like one.

That being said, I know some real nice people from Charleston and absolutely love going there to visit.

Have a nice evening, Copper, and if you want to know the method in detail, shoot me a PM and even that dime store site of yours might get some search engine traffic.

Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  8. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Since when do we use traffic to evaluate a business? I can guarantee you that Blendtec has seen an incredible ROI from those simple videos.

I am taking about real business here - not people selling $67 e-books about how you can make $100,000 a year with Google.

dlm, May 28, 2009 IP
  9. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Still waiting, jaxrefinance.

That's what I thought.

Next time think before posting crap.

I don't.

*shrugs shoulders* Beats me, but I am betting no. "Incredible"??? Highly doubtful. Just about all go there for entertainment, out of boredom, and whatnot.

They have to go to the site for that. His link is right there on the youtube pages, plain as day. And, uh, like I said before, the numbers at his site aren't lookin' good.

It's a pretty safe bet that he get just about all of his sales from advertising, and other forms of marketing.

So am I.

For anyopne who is interested, here's a funny video that caught this blender guy in a lie.

Priceless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvIY0w4j1FA

And, uh, no, I didn't go to his site either, like probably just about all the other viewers.

10. dsfreid

dsfreid Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing I have found on the Internet is totally useless...
    When itcomes to a SEO friendly link and not one considered to be a BAD link or FARM.

That's my 2 cents.

dsfreid, May 28, 2009 IP
  11. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn. I used to think you were somewhat intelligent.

Oh well.

dlm, May 28, 2009 IP
  12. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Awwwww, somebody is gettiing all bent out of shape.

*roughs up dlm's hair*

;)

13. gbmack

gbmack Banned

Best Answers:
    It is useless. It's all about PPC and CPA.

gbmack, May 28, 2009 IP
  14. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

I think the people who say it's useless are trying to make themselves sound smarter than they really are.

dlm, May 28, 2009 IP
  15. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    If you started a site and then joined up to those sites in the hope of getting traffic, and it being a magic wand, then I agree with you.

On the other hand, if you've been using these tools sensibly and responsibly for a while before launching your latest online venture, they will prove to be invaluable.

Reprobate, May 28, 2009 IP
  16. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    This is it. I do agree 100%

Lastbutnotleast, May 28, 2009 IP
  17. Assured

Assured Member

Best Answers:
    You aren't alone at all in saying that it is useless... but that doesn't mean you are correct.

Assured, May 29, 2009 IP
  18. mgainer

mgainer Peon

Best Answers:
    Go ahead and stay out of social media, who cares. Thats one less competitor

mgainer, May 29, 2009 IP
  19. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Not about saving money. Companies pay top dollars to reach those who frequent those platforms. It is a waste of time joining those and playing around on them, but when it comes to marketing, social networks do help and depending on how well you know the world, it can be quite effective.

Blogmaster, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  20. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    The pros who have heavy-traffic sites don't mess with them, for the obvious reason.

It is not completely useless, but close.

Perry Rose, Jul 16, 2009 IP