1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by protesto, Mar 8, 2005.

protesto, Mar 8, 2005 IP
    Dude111 likes this.
  2. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My datacentre has them second for a search on 'iraq' and number 3 has how much is spent on the war ticking over on the screen: http://costofwar.com/

Get involved in writing to your political representatives if you want to contribute to changing policy.

Dominic, Mar 8, 2005 IP
    Dude111 likes this.
  3. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    That only works if you own a very large business. Most of our representatives no longer represent or care about us!

Crazy_Rob, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  4. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    Please remove that URL.. It is counterproductive in the war on terror to be sprading those beliefs.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  5. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Please leave it up, other viewpoints should be, and are welcome.

wendydettmer, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  6. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Read the stats and see why so many Iraqi's are tired of the terrorists in their country. Did anyone see some of the protests that the Iraqi's have had aimed at those same terrorists? I don't remember the where the links was...

They can add 3 others to the list - wife and 2 children in the car of a terrorists who pulled an AK-47 on a military convoy. He knew what he was doing to his family when he planned that one!

debunked, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  7. Dominic

Best Answers:
    If you write a letter, thats 1 letter. No big deal. But if you can get lots of people in that politician's constituency writing letters it does get taken into consideration. Some movements use post cards, with a generic statement and room for people to add their personal comment, handing them out in malls and so on. To be effective though you do need at least a thousand letters in a fairly concentrated timeframe - like two to four weeks.

My uncle lead the Australian forces in Iraq for a while, not that we have many troops there but anyway, I support the soldiers doing their jobs but disagree with the politics behind the war. I think the end result of the war in iraq will be more terrorism.

Dominic, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  8. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    That's what our leaders are hoping for.

9. Dominic

Best Answers:
    I thought it was pretty priceless that Bush called for the withdrawal of occupying Syrian forces to be withdrawn from Lebanon *before the election*!

"President Bush says freedom will prevail in Lebanon as he repeated calls for Syria to withdraw its troops from the country. The appeal came as hundreds of thousands of demonstrators in Lebanon gathered to show their support for Syria's presence."

Dominic, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Millions of demonstrators!

Attached Files:

• leb.jpg
      leb.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
  11. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    500,000 as one report says. Millions of supporters of terrorism. That's just one side of the story.

Debunked, I was reading the database this morning myself. It's hard not to notice who is doing the killing over there. Terrorists. The site would add some credibility if they distinguished that, and were not trying to blame the US for every death (including those from health care related). Might also help to list those million or so that saddam killed before we got there.

Hey, but there are those that are disappointed he's not still mass murdering :(

GTech, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  12. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    that's right, we should all sit and down and shut up and mind our own business. And if the Man says to shoot our brother in the face, we'd damned well better do it. God forbid we kick Pandora in the shin to keep her from opening the box, she knows what's best for us.

hey, who wants to watch football?

I know, we should punish him for firebombing all those Japanese civilian centers...or using nuclear weapons...or giving money to horrible men like Saddam when it's convenient...oh wait...I mean, giving money to himself when it's convenient.

I must be talking about the wrong country.

I'm starting to think this country is splitting down the lines of what's best for me and what's best for humanity, and if that included not being fickle and self-serving and betraying trust for profit, I wouldn't complain.

david_sakh, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  13. GTech

Best Answers:
    Some people are disappointed in democracy. I know 8 million people that are glad it's finally arrived. At least 8 million that would prefer to see him burn in hell for killing over a million of his own people during his reign of terror.

But there are those that would still prefer to have him in power or make excuses for him. Always amazes me.

GTech, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  14. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    We've killed more innocents than Saddam ever has.

What if...say...Sweden stumbled upon a molecular disruption device and put a Napoleon in power...should they have the right to punish us for our past sins...or the cultural or poltical difference? What about self-determination? The mandate of heaven is lost quite easily, it just takes time.

If we want to do what is right, I'm all for it, but we need to stop doing what is convenient.

Usually its a good idea to give power to the responsible guy, as those who hate saddam have said. I don't think we've earned the title, but the power is still there, ready to be misused.

15. GTech

Best Answers:
    That's just flat out right untrue. I'd like to think you are more educated than to make such a blatantly false statement.

GTech, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  16. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    Civilians killed, Japan alone: 672,000

Not to mention the money we pumped into south america. God only knows what evil was done with that, at the hands of dictators, no less. And what about the money we gave to osama bin laden? Terrorism was fine, as long as it was the Russkies whats get blowed up.

17. GTech

Best Answers:
    The bombing in Japan was long ago and has long been cleared up between our government and theirs. That was then, it was war. It's touching you are still concerned about it.

But your comment was "We've killed more innocents than Saddam ever has." Which could be construed that while we are over there (note the topic and first post) we've killed more Iraqis than he ever did.

Saddam is a man, we are a country. We've been around a lot longer than he has. Maybe that's not the real issue?

GTech, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  18. GTech

Best Answers:
    Who said allies are allies forever? What about the fact he attacked our country? Or does that not play into the picture?

Sorry, I don't make excuses for terrorists.

GTech, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  19. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of gassing the kurds, saddam really should have done the christianly thing, you know, take their lands from them and put them on forced march and sap away at their culture with each passing year.

Ok, that was a cheap shot. But as Jesus said.

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

20. GTech

Best Answers:
    Lots of stones being cast. I can't cast my stone in favor of the terrorists though. I know some people can/will, but not me.

Do we just kind of go along to one "how about the big naughty US did this" to another, overlooking the scenario of world events?

Are you disappointed in Democracy? It seems to be flourishing. Without disappointment, one cannot appreciate victory.

GTech, Mar 8, 2005 IP