1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who do you think are real marketing gurus online?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by The Villa, May 25, 2009.

1. cristinell

cristinell Peon

Best Answers:
    The real guru is the one that makes money even from selling stones. They know how to promote thier product, or other`s products. You need a lot of informations, a lot of time and a lot of practice to become one of them.

cristinell, May 27, 2009 IP
  2. unitec

unitec Peon

Best Answers:
    > Gurus are a select band, they stick together promoting each others products and as soon as they develop and
    > launch version 1m they are already underway developing version 2 without caring about offering support for v1.

I bought many courses, some for under $100, other for a few thousand dollars, I was a member of Stompernet for 6 month and I was a member of some marketing member sites and I'm already a member of some of them.

I e.g. own Traffic Secrets 1 + 2 if John Reese, he helped Andy Jankins and Brad Fallon when thy started with Stompernet.

In my opinion the big so called "Gurus" and their expensive courses will not really help a newbie, it's not worth the money.

For newbies the best is Ed Dale with his free course where you'll lean all the basics. I joined his course in 2007 and 2008, it's really excellent.
    Although I know much about online marketing, I always learn much stuff from him, he's brilliant.
    His next free course will start in about one week.

When it comes how to make money than my favorite is Ann Sieg.

In her ebook she explains in detail how to make good money within your first month.

The problem for most marketers is to start. She'll show you how to earn money from the beginning by monetizing your site.

Her book is about MLM but you can use her tactics also in all other online businesses.

I recommend to read her free report about the 7 lies of MLM (link at the bottom) to get an idea if it'd work for you.

unitec, May 28, 2009 IP
  3. timewilde69

timewilde69 Guest

Best Answers:
    Eban Pagan I think is a clever guy. of the up and coming people I think Justin Brooke who does sitefling.com is a genuine guy. cheers tim

timewilde69, May 28, 2009 IP
  4. ZenMarketer1

ZenMarketer1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe that should read "Real FAKE gurus don't share their methods" :D

I find the term "guru" itself" misused and abused. If we're defining "guru" as one who has acquired, mastered & applied skills to become successful AND teaches others to do the same in a manner that gives lots of value and is empowering (for a reasonable price - which is not always monetary) then people that fall into that category for me are Mike Dillard.

I've learned a lot about marketing, sponsoring etc. That I've successfully applied to both my offline and online business. His courses are very reasonable and easy for any newbie marketer to understand and implement. He also offers lots of great content (some free, some not) and just started offering a live free marketing training chanel.

I'm also fan of certain contributors on the DP forum (y'all know who you are because I've left you glowing props ;) ), because they give great value, guidence and information when posting replies.

Other's I've seen and heard but can't comment on their "guru-ness" due to my lack of ongoing experience are Eben, Ewen Chia, Shoemoney, and Ann Sieg.

My list of who I DON'T and would never consider a "guru" is much longer unfortunately. These are the folks that have acquired, mastered & applied skills to become successful but TELL you what THEY do that makes them online successes instead showing and teaching you how you can do it.

ZenMarketer1, May 28, 2009 IP
  5. plornt

plornt Peon

Best Answers:
    real gurus do not sell their secrets until they have dried out and aren't performing anymore. methods get saturated, you wont find some guy who makes 6 figures a month selling how he does it in an ebook.

plornt, May 28, 2009 IP
  6. barefoot

barefoot Peon

Best Answers:
    Jim Cockrum is the real deal...not fluff and always provides great content in his free newsletter.

Ed Dale is another I like. You should check out the Thirty Day Challenge if you're new...great free coaching for 30 days...hard to beat.

barefoot, May 28, 2009 IP
  7. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    From somebody with a lot of experience, there are no "secrets."

copper12, May 28, 2009 IP
  8. Assured

Assured Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of courses out there that are good. You just need to find one that suits your own personal style, and then take the actions it lays out. Probably the biggest of them is the Internet Marketing Center's book. I haven't seen the newer additions, but for a newbie, there is much more than you need (probably too much).

Assured, May 29, 2009 IP
  9. snotb4ll

snotb4ll Peon

Best Answers:
    I follow people who are small time guys.

They tend to give you real key information for either free or a very small price. When I started working online I found a guy who went from working a full-time just to earning over 100k a year online in about 2 years time. This was a true story so I followed him.

Most Gurus I see out there stay in a very close circle and promote one another's products to there massive lists. If you get on about 10 Gurus email lists you'll see them all saying "Hey so and so has a new product buy from my link and get my blah blah for free".

To me thats not real marketing. I like learning from people who had nothing and got no help and learned on there own. They seem more "real" and don't think they are bigger or better then anyone else and are willing to help the real average Joe out without charing them 1 - 3k.

snotb4ll, May 30, 2009 IP
  10. markyp

markyp Peon

Best Answers:
    my business partner knows most of these so called gurus personally and I can tell you a lot of them know jack shit. If they know anything useful they will not tell you. here is a story for you. One of my partners friends was doing some work for the biggest so called guru out there. you can guess his name, a couple of years back before he moved house. he handed them a lot of his stuff free of charge and told him to use it. this guy asks the guys cousin for help (he is also in IM) with it and he was told NO. Trust me if they know anything good they will not tell you and they even have rota's of when to release products so their releases do not clash with each other and they can extract the maximum from the customers.
    The people I know who make serious money do not advertise it or sell their methods.

markyp, May 31, 2009 IP
  11. SharkyJG

SharkyJG Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello The Villa
    The one and only is Grizz.
    Look for How To Make Money in Google and you will find it.
    Please do it.

SharkyJG, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  12. AnnoyedMonkey

AnnoyedMonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    John Reese, Eben Pagan. Nough said.

AnnoyedMonkey, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  13. Noahdeck

Noahdeck Guest

Best Answers:
    I strongly agree with how effective Yaro Starak's lessons are especially when it comes to making money with blogging. And one thing to take note, it's glad to know that Yaro has also been outsourced through what he learned with other Gurus such as Tim Ferriss and Tyrone Shum. They really are great people and I wanted to share his recent post here saying that outsourcing is the way to go to online success:

http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.co...hrough-the-first-roadblock-to-online-success/

He also have mentioned about Tyrone Shum's outsourcing videos at http://www.massoutsource.com which I also found easy to follow and all quality videos as well. I'm happy that Tyrone as one of his blog mastermind students has been going this far now like him now. If you have ideas about Tyrone, you can share it too! :)

I hope you'll also find this interesting.

Noahdeck, Apr 15, 2010 IP