1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Category Page Rank

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Going Green, May 25, 2009.

Hello,

The category my site is listed in has 0/10 Google Page Rank & is a relatively new category. The category above it has a Google Page Rank of 5/10.

Will the category my site and the others like mine are listed in eventually gain PR?

Is there a way of helping the page to increase in PR such as linking all of my pages to that DMOZ page?

Thanks!

Happy Memorial Day! USA Rocks!

Going Green, May 25, 2009 IP
  2. Kzajko

Kzajko Peon

Best Answers:
    you can link once and see what happens. I dont think it will help a whole lot tho

Kzajko, May 26, 2009 IP
  3. websys

websys Active Member

Best Answers:
    As a matter of fact , many people actually like to link to their relatively ODP category often . If you visit this page , you will understand how best to link to the ODP or your category .
    http://www.dmoz.org/link.html

I can not tell you what benefits it has beside the one mentioned there , it is for you to find out .

websys, May 26, 2009 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Promoting your site by promoting someone else's

By pushing the sites linking to yours you can effectively bump up their PR/SERP which in turn can generate traffic for your own site.

However, in the promotion of directories to assist your site you are also promoting the sites of your competitors... so that's a risk you may not be willing to make.

Qryztufre, May 27, 2009 IP