1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why are blog so important?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Alex777, May 24, 2009.

Can someone here tell me why blogs are so important in driving traffic to a website?

Alex777, May 24, 2009 IP
  2. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if you have a blog with established traffics and links it provides a good mechanism for promoting other things. I use a blog as my dynamic center for a network of articles/static websites and then branch out from there. Basically it provides a spot to build your reputation and keep customers coming back for dynamic content.

Gallito, May 24, 2009 IP
  3. Liquid Snake

Liquid Snake Peon

Best Answers:
    -Blogs are easier to set up than websites
    -Blogs are plug-in friendly and can be improved in any aspect you desire
    -Blog designs can be easily modified in 10 seconds by changing it's theme
    -Blogs are most of the time associated with an already established site, like wordpress.com and blogger.com, so you get a better PR right at the beginning.
    -For the wordpress installations on your server, they might not benefit from higher pr, but they can be SEO'd easily with the All in one SEO plugin, and if you change the name extension to the title of your blog only, it can rank easily in google.
    -Blogs are very easy to maintain. All it takes is 5 minutes of writing daily and you should see results.
    -Since its so easy to maintain and user friendly, blogs can be a very good and fast way to "brand" yourself to get your visitors to become loyal to you.
    Blogs can be very easily pinged, bookmarked and even accessing the rss feed of a blog is easy.
    *All of this compared to a standard website

And honestly, the list could keep going :)
    Blogs are a good vehicule for making money.

But nothing beats a list. So build a blog to start your list !

Liquid Snake, May 24, 2009 IP
  4. jonathanfigaro

jonathanfigaro Peon

Best Answers:
    blog are easily by the search engine, you can build relation ships thru it and its jst a very good way to get yourself some nice traffic!

jonathanfigaro, May 24, 2009 IP
  5. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I have found it useful to run a couple blogs that coincide with my website therefore a much better reach in the SERPs I tweak each one for different keywords and it has helped alot with increasing visitors. Plus updating my blog is much easier than the website.

kbeus21, May 24, 2009 IP
  6. masterx07

masterx07 Guest

Best Answers:
    Search engine spiders are set to index blogs quick. There blogs are now the preferred sites that you should get backlinks from, simply because they're indexed daily.

Blogs are part of web 2.0, meaning these are our new generation of interactive websites..where our site visitors get to post and update our sites. So blogs have dynamic pages, daily updates, lots of interaction between users. Same thing as social networking sites or social bookmark sites = all web 2.0. That's why they provide better and quality backlinks.

masterx07, May 25, 2009 IP
  7. surfaddict

surfaddict Active Member

Best Answers:
    Each of my main domain, I'll create a blog so it will help the main domain been index quickly and regularly also. :)

Moreover, it much easier to generate traffic to main domain if we more interested with free method.

surfaddict, May 25, 2009 IP
  8. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    A Blog is something that is updated quiet often and has personal experiences, discussions etc. Search Engines love fresh new and unique content and hence it tends to visit blogs quiet often and improve their rankings.

Indian, May 25, 2009 IP
  9. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Adding a blog in your site increases the chances of improving your search engine ranking.

eric_wahlberg, May 25, 2009 IP
  10. marcvb

marcvb Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, one of the reasons is that search engines love blogs and index them daily if they're updated often enough! But besides that, blogs can humanize a brand, give a company a face, and that's something all potential consumers like.

marcvb, May 25, 2009 IP
  11. Natcoweb.com

Natcoweb.com Banned

Best Answers:
    Blogs allow fast and simple content update, another point is that blogs being informal in nature allow you "more intimate relations with visitors" that a formal company site.

Natcoweb.com, May 25, 2009 IP
  12. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogs do not drive traffic to a site.

Where did you get that idea from?

copper12, May 25, 2009 IP
  13. Alex777

Alex777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for advice! Now I have understood

Alex777, May 31, 2009 IP
  14. Victor Hogan

Victor Hogan Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi...one small query...are there different kind of blogs..eg. wordpress, etc. I have been using blogs for my products but have not seen any improvement in the search engine ratings. Blogs have been there for 2 months or more. Am i doing anything wrong ???

Victor Hogan, May 31, 2009 IP
  15. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    Moreover, blogs serve as supplementary channels when it comes to information and other stuff relating to your site.
    You could also generate link with blogs.

Hersheys, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  16. SunstarShop

SunstarShop Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, blog make good to the website promotion, for its easy install and maintain, and you can add backlinks on your blog, i just have a blog for my website, but not on my domain, i host it one wordpress, but people who interests my blog will see my site too, it is great!

SunstarShop, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  17. Towton

Towton Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with most of above

Towton, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  18. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog is typical and successful web2.0 media
    which we have high expectation
    and the facts say blogs is the very social media and source of many new things.

justinlorder, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  19. megaresp

megaresp Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogs are no more important than any other form of content. What they do is give you a site you can easily update often.

Assuming you're able to post original content at least once a day, and generate contextual links back to your blog from external sites, there's a very good chance Google will visit daily.

Blogs also have built in tools that can be used to allow other people to contribute content (via comments for example), subscribe to an RSS feed of your content, and follow your posts.

It's the way you use it that determines whether or not it's attracts traffic. And of course, it's attracting traffic to itself. Your challenge is then sending that traffic on to your main site.

If you don't know how to attract visitors to your main site, it's likely you'll also fail to attract them to your blog. My view is, it's worth upping your SEO skills first, rather than generate a lot of blog content that gets you nowhere.

megaresp, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  20. jonathanfigaro

jonathanfigaro Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the reasoning blogging is so important, it puts a face to the product that you are trying to promote! I gives the readers immediate incite on what your about, where your from, and the knowledge you currently possess on certain subject!

jonathanfigaro, Jun 1, 2009 IP