1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

As a publisher, what features/ideas do you want Chitika to start offering?

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by ChitikaAdvisor, Jul 20, 2006.

1. DieChitikaDie™

DieChitikaDie™ Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah!, I moved on with life and Kontera is now my secondary site revenue source and they are exceptionaly well, But the point is getting blamed off as a fraudster , which I am NOT!! Just answer my questions and I will agree with what you have said:

1). Why my account was blocked only after I submitted the support ticket?

2). What about nine refrals I made ? can they be fraudulant ?

3). If the same traffic is paid by Adsense and even Chitika paid me once for that, why they didn't next time?, and to be clear about the quality traffic point here , I receive traffic from popular big software download sites like download.com , majorgeek etc. etc.

DieChitikaDie™, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  2. DieChitikaDie™

DieChitikaDie™ Peon

Best Answers:
    One more thing, more publishers had been kicked out by Adsense then Chitika but why AdsenseAdvisor is not fumed like this.

DieChitikaDie™, Jul 22, 2006 IP
    Friend likes this.
  3. handyman2

handyman2 Peon

Best Answers:

You obviously have not moved on. Your sig link says you were kicked out in 2005. That's eight months.

I don't work for Chitika so I have no clue why you were kicked out. But the fact that eight months after the fact you're still enraged tells me more than enough.

handyman2, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  4. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    DieChitikaDieâ„¢ - excellent :p
    they cant answer this quetion

Friend, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  5. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Guys there is no use discussing about this issue,

ChitikaAdviser has no guts to reply all the questions asked by diechitikadie
    They just ban people with out and real reasons, and that too i have seen that most of the people who were banned were making decent money in this field.

Can you tell if the traffic was fraudelent were the referrals also fraud?

If you are so perfect about your system why dont you give stats real time like adsense

When you ban a publisher why dont you show the real reason of banning with the proof that the clicks were not genuine?

Why dont you show the banned publishers traffic stats since you say his traffic is only from a country which you dont allow?

Iam sure out of the 100% traffic everyone recieves the whole traffic cannot be from asia, or any country not supported by you.

Do you ever reply to these specific questions given by the publishers or just quote some peoples replies and just say - Excellent?

If thats the way you professionals reply i dont need to show how good you are in your business.

You were just talking about free Tshirts, but did you again mention that out of the xxxx numbers of publishers and people who will vote for the survey, only 50 people will be entitled for this gift

[​IMG]

and yes thanks for a rocking tshirt :(

amitpatel_3001, Jul 22, 2006 IP
    Option6 likes this.
  6. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    amitpatel_3001' - excellent:p

Friend, Jul 22, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  7. handyman2

handyman2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Right. Chitika is completely dependent on publishers to survive into the future so they just ban them "with out and real reasons."

Wrong. Adsense doesn't give real time stats.

Wrong. The email does mention it.

Chitika gets its products through Shopping.com (owned by eBay) and gets many product reviews from CNET. Are you seriously suggesting that a start up that managed to get TWO top 100 websites onboard likes to "ban people with out and real reasons" just for the hell of it? What would be their motivation?

handyman2, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  8. WebDivx

WebDivx Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have wanted that shirt if it just had the Chitika eMinimalls logo on it with some time of positive promitional advertising. That skeleton symbol and the "death to banners" was a turn off.

Anyways, higher payouts (and daily audits/up-to-date earnings by the hour at least) would be the best way to improve Chitika.

Chitika's whole banner concept is pretty nice though. Adsense would have some competition of they improved payout rates and had stats updated at least every hour.

WebDivx, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  9. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    I did the same and guess what? Chitika wasnt competitive so I removed their code from every site - I wasnt banned.

cormac, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  10. adfunk

adfunk Peon

Best Answers:
    chitika is so damn cheap, totally not recommended, a BOOOOOOO

adfunk, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  11. DieChitikaDie™

DieChitikaDie™ Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but I posted after that much time only, I was PMed to raise my opinion on the issue.
    Handyman I don't want to get personal over here, but letme clear onething , I make well-over $2500+ from advertising online, and I am into this from past 4+ years, I know what I am talking about, the only point I want to make clear is what I had experienced, I find Chitika a dubious company , If you feel so much in favor of chitika why you just cant a POSSIBLE answer to my questions raised above. I am not saying that you give me an answer as only chitika is able to EXPLAIN but they dont want too, but there could be possible reasons you think I should be banned, like poor traffic, fradulant-clicks etc. , Pls. do read the FULL THREAD Here here before answering, i would love to get answers from you....

DieChitikaDie™, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  12. ChitikaAdvisor

ChitikaAdvisor Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    We have received tons of constructive feedback between our survey and the questions on here over the weekend. This is great.. very valuable to us.

Been a long day, I am running out for now but I plan to address the concerns on here starting tomorrow. Both on this forum and also on our blog.

ChitikaAdvisor, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  13. DieChitikaDie™

DieChitikaDie™ Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be great, I hope you also consider your long ago kicked out publishers and reply to their concerns about why being kicked out?

DieChitikaDie™, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  14. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I will second this. I spend a lot of time digging out keywords for sites I run chitika on.. and to have something display completely off-topic is just not what I want.

Perhaps a way to have a choice of common default ads for various categories that might show if nothing else is available, and if that default ad is not available it would show nothing, or a publisher alternative.

Edit: By the way Amit you were doing all kinds of shady things in the past. It is not hard to believe that in your past life you did something deserving of getting kicked out of Chitika. Sorry, but I don't view a ad program kicking out people breaking the rules as a negative. I consider it a positive.

aeiouy, Jul 24, 2006 IP
    tflight likes this.
  15. ChitikaAdvisor

ChitikaAdvisor Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, thanks for the lively discussion on here.. I have complied a response to best answer some of your concerns on here..

“Why are we making our publishers wait until the end of the month to get their final numbers?”
    We rely on a monthly audit cycle because in addition to our in house click tracking and quality metrics, we also receive feedback from our merchants that is provided only at the end of each month, not on a daily or weekly basis. We are working with our merchant partners to give us feedback on a weekly/daily basis. We are also constantly working on fine-tuning our reporting systems so we will be able to give you better estimates on a daily basis.
    As part of the survey, we got a number of good suggestions that we will be implementing over the next few weeks.
    Please note: feedback from the merchant does not mean we are relying on sale commissions (CPA), our program is based on CPC's, our merchants pay us on valid click thru's and we pay you on a CPC basis, however, the conversion data is a fantastic indication of click quality, along with other factors. This helps us find accounts with significant invalid click activity.

“When are you going to support Direct Deposit?”
    We have started looking into doing EFT. We already support Wire Transfers for some of our large publishers. As you already know, we are one of the few players who support Paypal (at no cost to you -- we absorb the Paypal fee)

Here are some other items that came up:
    - Improve categories: This is a nice suggestion. We will be improving the breath of products that show up in the categories and also expanding the category list. For example, some publishers want us to break down the "Video Games" category for finer targeting. [PS: For newbies, our category feature is an easy way of displaying the top products in a category].. stay tuned in our blog.

“Why was my account suspended?”
    For security reasons, we usually don't reveal the exact reason for the suspension (i.e. We cannot say something like "Your account was suspended because of reason X". That would completely unravel the click quality efforts!).
    There are many factors we take into account to detect invalid click traffic from a given account. We use a combination of automated & manual processes to track activities from various accounts. We also get extensive feedback from our merchant partners.
    Beyond some of the obvious factors such as automated click bot-related activities we take into account the click sources. For example, on one account, we noticed that the publisher was driving traffic to his site by publicizing “free stuff”. This was resulting in a number of misleading clicks, resulting in no conversion, and hence upsetting our merchants.

ChitikaAdvisor, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  16. DieChitikaDie™

DieChitikaDie™ Peon

Best Answers:
    What EXACTLY do u mean by that ??

DieChitikaDie™, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  17. handyman2

handyman2 Peon

Best Answers:
    It means that if you're not making money for Chitika, they won't be giving money to you. It's a very simple concept.

handyman2, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  18. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:
    Please note: feedback from the merchant does not mean we are relying on sale commissions (CPA), our program is based on CPC's, our merchants pay us on valid click thru's and we pay you on a CPC basis, however, the conversion data is a fantastic indication of click quality, along with other factors. This helps us find accounts with significant invalid click activity.

Reading this , it seems that you are definitelly relying on sale commissions.
    If not, conversion data would not have any connection with publishers or quality traffic.
    Mayb some of advertisers does not have competitive product, low quality, high prices etc.
    And if conversion data is low, then it should be guilty of publishers and low click quality.
    And if it is low, then you probably have only one option - to "ask that publisher to leave your service "
    That suck, and thats very close to CPA

Clicks are clicks man, people are clicking to adds to inform themselves about someting too, not only to buy.
    Maybe they will spread a word to someone else about that product, and that someone else will buy it.

I am always for removing those publishers who use any kind of click fraud, or some click bots making the fraud, but tracking conversion from some publishers clicks does not have anything with CPC, with CPA maybe, but with CPC - no chance.

Just to note - I am not banned by Chitika, I am pretty new Chitika publisher, but these facts doesnt make me feel good

almir, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  19. handyman2

handyman2 Peon

Best Answers:
    And Adsense has smart pricing. All clicks aren't created equal.

Well, Chitika is purely product based. Merchants aren't going to give free branding: they want to sell, sell, sell.

What is difference between 1000 clicks from a clickbot and 1000 clicks from a publisher that doesn't convert?

handyman2, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  20. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Chitika is purely product based. Merchants aren't going to give free branding: they want to sell, sell, sell.

Then call it CPA, not CPC

almir, Jul 27, 2006 IP