1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

target_blank links - do you think they "worth" less than regular links?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by bzzydogg, May 24, 2009.

hi all

do you think linking from my site to other sites under "target_blank" (opens a new window instead of opening the link url on the same window) counts as a weaker link to the target site? also, do you think a site that links many links under "target blank" - can be seen by G as less relevant? (i think - if your article is relevant, then a link inside the article should be relevant too and therefore when clicking a link should just be a natural continuance of the page -the new site you just went to...).

is there a reference about it somewhere?
    anything on G webmaster central?

bzzydogg, May 24, 2009 IP
  2. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's a tag to open new window for an out bound link, I don't think about it vs SEO. Because it doesn't show anything related to link building and relevant of content.

blog8491, May 24, 2009 IP
  3. leo

leo Peon

Best Answers:
    A sensible question: Still, I think that doesn't matter. On my website I always open foreign links in a new window, since I do not want to divert the interest of possible customers from my services by routing them through to other sites. And I definitely believe that this policy is acknowledged by G! In other words, G! will not treat those links differently from others (i.e. those that open the new site in the same window). G! usually values usability more than other considerations and this is definitely a usability question: it's unpractical ***not*** to find easily back to the initial site from where you started klicking through to others.

leo, May 24, 2009 IP
  4. rainmist

rainmist Peon

Best Answers:
    Regular links do not work well any more.

rainmist, May 24, 2009 IP
  5. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    target=_blank is not a valid XHTML strict attribute value for anchor tag. But nevertheless it's a regular link and will have same value.

jitendraag, May 24, 2009 IP
  6. thegoodguy1989

thegoodguy1989 Banned

Best Answers:
    i think they have same value for seo..

thegoodguy1989, May 25, 2009 IP