1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is fresh content indexed faster in Google than copied content

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by waqyum, May 15, 2009.

I am planning to open a new blog.I want to know, is completely fresh content mandatory to get traffic from google.
    If content from other sites is modified and put on blog will it gain Traffic.

waqyum, May 15, 2009 IP
  2. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    No.
    Each page of a site is looked at on an individual basis. Original content ranks first. The amount of traffic you drive to your site does not have anything to do with your content. However, the amount of traffic Google delivers to your site does make a difference.

zeekstern, May 15, 2009 IP
  3. jj_hiller

jj_hiller Peon

Best Answers:
    Google loves fresh new content, so the more unique that you can make your blog posts and not copy and paste or borrow other people's work the better off you are and look to the search engines.

There is a heavy penalty for just simply copying and pasting content so that you have a blog post to report to the search engines.

It's ok to borrow other content on the web and use it in your posts, but it's not ok to just simply copy say... an entire paragraph and use it in your own content. Google will pick up on that when the search spiders crawl to your site looking for new content; and that's exactly the kind of thing that can get your site banned.

It pays to know the rules, but don't let that stop you from building your blog from the ground up.

jj_hiller, May 15, 2009 IP
  4. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Remember, indexed content and content ranking are two different things.

The OP asked about indexing.

Yes, "duplicate content" can be indexed fast. It depends on a number of things. However, if anyone thinks otherwise, I'd just like to point out press releases as a textbook example of content getting "copied and pasted" to sites all over the place and getting indexed just fine.

As far as traffic goes, again, yes "duplicate content" can get traffic since it's indexed.

Ranking is a whole other issue, but since the OP isn't asking about it and since this probably is the wrong forum for it, I'll stop here. As to content from other sites, make sure you have their permission if you're doing more than republishing a blurb, quote, citation or other freely distributed item.

marketjunction, May 16, 2009 IP
  5. anewstarting

anewstarting Member

Best Answers:
    as far as i know you cannot copy other's content...you will be penalized by google...or are you planning to re-write the content before using..??

anewstarting, May 17, 2009 IP
  6. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Or you could be penalized by a little something known as the law... even if you rewrite it (copyright infringing derivative work).

jhmattern, May 17, 2009 IP
  7. outspan

outspan Active Member

Best Answers:
    You'll get penalized if you post copied content, but if you include a link citing the original source the penalization is reduced. Still, the best way to get Google traffic is to post original, SEO content that has informational value for your readers.

outspan, May 17, 2009 IP
  8. proclaim

proclaim Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't had any troubles with duplicate content after I post it on EzineArticles, actually. :)

Of course that doesn't help if you're trying to make an authoritative blog, etc... not the best long-term strategy... BUT, for the sake of your question specifically, it hasn't mattered in my experience. :)

proclaim, May 17, 2009 IP
  9. wanderinglex47

wanderinglex47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, you won't have any problems getting indexed, BUT, if your articles are fully copied from other sources, Google will drop your duplicate pages from it's index in about a month. Try rewriting them or dilluting with unique articles.

wanderinglex47, May 17, 2009 IP
  10. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    never coy write anyone ... it is the way of the web... and if readers see it they will will report your site to Google youll be shut down ...... sorry .....

Aaron111, May 19, 2009 IP
  11. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google hate duplicate content. A site may get little bit of traffic from duplicate content for some time, but sooner or later, the site will hit with the duplicate content penalty: this penalty is one of the worst penalties that a site can hit.

If you want to get traffic from SEs, then you will need 100% fresh content.

angilina, May 20, 2009 IP
  12. ashleyuk

ashleyuk Banned

Best Answers:
    I think there is a plugin to convert duplicate content to fresh content but i am not really sure if it helps or not. Anyway Yes fresh content gets cached quickly than the copied content. So go for fresh content if you want to increase SERPS and page rank.

ashleyuk, May 23, 2009 IP
  13. Alzudon

Alzudon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, A unique content on your blog is make it indexed by Google quickly. But sometimes duplicate content may also get indexed fast IF your blog has a good linking both inbound & outbound link.

Cause Google will minimized their penalty rules on duplicate content as far as you put the author name on your duplicate content and most of the author name is an anchor text and it linking to he/she site. Don't you see here google loves your site when it has a lot relevance LINKs even if the content is duplicate.

So you have 2 option on your blog to get indexed by google:
    1. 100% fresh unique content, OR
    2. duplicate content + links

Alzudon, May 23, 2009 IP
  14. kaioken89

kaioken89 Peon

Best Answers:
    does stating the source of the article help?

kaioken89, May 23, 2009 IP
  15. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Not unless stating the source makes it unique content.

jhmattern, May 23, 2009 IP
  16. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless you have express permission from the author or owner of the content, you can not reprint it--even if you provide the name of the writer and links. Google might not know that you didn't have permission, so they might not penalize you, but if the owner of the content finds out you could have your site shut down.

Y.L. Prinzel, May 23, 2009 IP
  17. mattea5678

mattea5678 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unique content not always help. I am suffering that google is not making cache my article of the new blog although they are 100% unique

mattea5678, May 24, 2009 IP
  18. hotalexa

hotalexa Peon

Best Answers:
    Give it some time dude, it will come in a week, month or year``````

hotalexa, May 24, 2009 IP