1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content/COPYRIGHT

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by The Site Man, May 24, 2009.

Hey everyone, I have a question on content copyright policies, and just want to make sure I will be safe with Google and in general

Say you are running a website on a certain niche, want to put up some new content; you then find a list of information on another website that you really like. Let's say your niche is health (not in my case), and another website has a list of health insurance providers and a description/rating of each one.

If I take that list, and rewrite it in my own words, I will not be violating any rules/laws correct? Google adsense could not ban me, and the site's owner could not report me for copyright violation, etc.? As since it is in my own words, I technically could have found it in basically any other website on the internet that deals with health insurance companies, or whatever hte subject is. Just wanted to check and make sure none of you see this as plaigarism or anything

The Site Man, May 24, 2009 IP
  2. Michaelr

Michaelr Peon

Best Answers:
    That is unless the other webiste created the list with the ratings!

Michaelr, May 24, 2009 IP
  3. The Site Man

The Site Man Peon

Best Answers:
    well this website did create the list itself. however, it is not an authority site, so they obviously got the information from another website on the internet.

I would be using the same list on my website, except I would totally rewrite each of the descriptions, and also entirely change the order of the list. do you think this is too risky still?

do you think it would be safer to also add my own items to the list so it doesnt look so obvious that i just took the list from another site and reworded it?

thanks

4. mattea5678

mattea5678 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will say rewrite the whole and also change the rankings to escape copyscape. This way you can have unique and new content. :)

mattea5678, May 24, 2009 IP
    The Site Man likes this.
  5. ishan001

ishan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rewriting whole will be best option. I have even heard(not confirmed!) that even spinning one word can avoid duplicate content penalty. And CopyScape, that thing never works well!(at least for me!)

ishan001, May 24, 2009 IP
  6. The Site Man

The Site Man Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, I rewrote it before posting it. just used copyscape and typed in my website and no duplicate websites came up (i.e. the one i took the info from), so im guessing i did a good enough job?

thanks for the copyscape link btw i never knew about that. adding rep after i post this

7. ishan001

ishan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ishan001, May 24, 2009 IP
  8. maxx jatt

maxx jatt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no they will not ban you if it is modified..

maxx jatt, May 24, 2009 IP
  9. redalfa

redalfa Peon

Best Answers:
    In general, the statements introduced the types of articles, re-write is not easy to be found. summary of the article, it is easy to be found!

redalfa, May 24, 2009 IP
  10. nancy_18am

nancy_18am Peon

Best Answers:
    with your own words so you got an original content
    don`t worry

nancy_18am, May 24, 2009 IP
  11. rsandz

rsandz Peon

Best Answers:
    Many webmasters will say that this is ok (rewrite article), but if you ask this question to writers you will get many warning.

Related to your "rating list article", why not try a little research to get your own list and your own rating. This is better than using one source.

just my 2 cents.

rsandz, May 24, 2009 IP
  12. mdamin76

mdamin76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the original writer found it, they may proceed with DMCA complaint against you.

mdamin76, May 25, 2009 IP