1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Era has it gone?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by smivers.com, May 23, 2009.

Has the Adsense Era gone or are more and more people moving to other sites like chikita, kontera?

smivers.com, May 23, 2009 IP
  2. Nikita Smith

Nikita Smith Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know about anyone moving to other ad providers. What I do know is that AdSense clicks are worth less and less by the day, which will inevitably start to get webmasters searching for monetizing alternatives. If this happens en masse, then AdSense is gone... I surely hope Google can be nice enough to increase the click values, the way it is now is just not going to work for very long.

Nikita Smith, May 23, 2009 IP
    dairyman likes this.
  3. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with the statement that adsense era has gone. This can be ascertained from the fact that the google has made admission norms in to adsense account more stricter and with domain age not less than 6 months because of a rush in opening new accounts.

Agreed. More and more webmasters complain about getting less $$$ per click these days...

dairyman, May 23, 2009 IP
  4. UIS4821

UIS4821 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's done. The economy has alot to do the values that are occurring. Kontera is not a good alternative to Adsense. At least in my book.

UIS4821, May 23, 2009 IP
  5. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    its not as fun as it used to be but thats how adsense is for some time now. revenue is up sometimes and then for a while it goes down to ditch. i dont think people moved to chikita, kontera but lot of people use those 2 programs in addition to adsense

sultanofseo, May 23, 2009 IP
  6. buldozerceto

buldozerceto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense will never die. It's the biggest ad network around.

buldozerceto, May 23, 2009 IP
  7. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    You never know, Microsoft could do some damage. They might be superior with the search engine, but with PPC there not untouchable.

Ryan6, May 23, 2009 IP
  8. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For now, I don't think so. If you compare adsense with other ads network, they are still paying higher than them although I do admit the cpc is getting lower.

lycos, May 23, 2009 IP
  9. veracious

veracious Banned

Best Answers:
    Adsense is paying out less to webmasters however I don't see any decrease on click costs to advertisers - guess they are pocketing bigger share :)

veracious, May 23, 2009 IP
  10. forest1

forest1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, their clicks are definitely paying less these days. maybe when the economy picks up again so will adsense. hope so

forest1, May 23, 2009 IP
  11. phalanx30

phalanx30 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing impossible my friend, Adsense era may gone if many webmaster start to use another PPC, or there are big power to opposed the G. Don't ever think that "to big to be fail" , remember Lehman Brothers? That corporation survived more than hundred year, but still collapsed in a matter of few year. What we need to do is work the best, and keep watch the hottest new, don't put your egg in one basket :)

phalanx30, May 23, 2009 IP
  12. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no denying the fact that adsense still rules the PPC segment and it enjoys very high leadership rank in terms of scale and size.

But then...change is the only permanent aspect in this world and perhaps adsense might lose its significance over the decade..if not years! :rolleyes:

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, May 23, 2009 IP
  13. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kontera isn't a good alternative to anything, whatsoever. Their terms are shady, they are an incredibly poorly performing network, and the admin just don't get it over there.

Never say never. As long as the demand is there for honest advertising and publisher relationships, google will always have competition. The way they treat their publishers is a joke, and eventually, people will realize that there are much better networks out there for them.

Are there much better paying networks out there? Maybe, maybe not. However, google has this philosophy of "we'll kick you out for nothing and not tell you why" which will undoubtedly be their ruin. They may, in fact, be a giant software company, but the truth is that they are a pathetic service company, and, sometimes, you just need service, not software.

As for myself:
    Honestly, before getting tossed by google (for nothing, mind you), I didn't really see an increase, or decrease, in any of my daily income. It wasn't much, but I wasn't doing a ton of marketing, and I really wasn't relying on that to live, as it were.

Google needs some fresh, real, competition to draw their customers away from them. Once that happens, they'll realize they're going to lose the battle unless they actually put their thinking caps on and treat their customers (and publishers) with a bit of respect.

twhiting9275, May 23, 2009 IP
  14. kelvinblogger

kelvinblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think so what you talking about.. what ever be google adsense is better than others.. just follow the their policies and instruction u will be safe.. am i right? ;)

kelvinblogger, May 24, 2009 IP
  15. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, you are not right, you are dead wrong:
    Case in point, myself.

Most people, when kicked out of something, or whatever, claim "I did nothing wrong". Well, I'm the opposite. I'll HAPPILY say "I did this wrong" in an effort to try to get back wherever I should be. In this case, I did nothing, absolutely nothing wrong, though.

Until this previous Wednesday, I had a google publisher account. I followed the things to a T, had had an account for god, probably 3-5 years. I wasn't breaking the rules, I was making very little off the account (< $50/month, in all actuality), I was merely using it to help me cover server expenses. For years, I did the same old, same old, followed rules, guidelines, checked everything daily (to ensure there WERE no problems). Like I said, nothing wrong.

What changed in that time? Nothing. I started seeing a bit more traffic to a new site (around 3-500 hits a day, which isn't unusual), and got an email from google, stating (and I kid you not, this was the exact wording):

No "this is what you did wrong", no "this is how to appeal", no contact number, message, or email. That was it, it was done.

Now, from someone who "followed the rules", policies, and instructions, you are dead wrong. All they have to do is THINK you're doing something to "pose a risk" and bam, you're out the door, with no warning whatsoever, whether you DID anything wrong or not, no matter HOW long you've been a good little puppet for the google masters

twhiting9275, May 24, 2009 IP
  16. Y2K

Y2K Peon

Best Answers:
    Look like most adsense publisher started trying MSN Ads, take a look Adsense Success story page, some site example success site moved to publish MSN Ads and remove G Ads.

Y2K, May 24, 2009 IP
  17. spark911

spark911 Peon

Best Answers:
    To me adsense is a quick solution to a temporary website or a new startup, however in the future I'd always try and get some image banner ads from other provides instead of pure text ads

spark911, May 24, 2009 IP
  18. amanmail121

amanmail121 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense pay per click is falling badly. Last year it was minimum 0.05$ per click for me but now days I don't even get 0.01$

amanmail121, May 24, 2009 IP
  19. tiarapark12

tiarapark12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is far far away of gone

tiarapark12, May 24, 2009 IP
  20. Proficient

Proficient Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People have moved to affiliate marketing. I think.

Proficient, May 24, 2009 IP