1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie want to start hosting company but..

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by TheLasTSamuRai, May 23, 2009.

im from tunisia and after i saw the imaginary prices of hosting company here and i was thinking that i can do well with small prices so i thing i can beat my competitors but my problem is that im new to this and i have no idea on how im gonna start
    and i have some question about that and i appreciate any help

-when a costumer of my hosting pay is this payment go directly to me or the reseller company pay me? because i contacted Gorilla host and they saying that they gonna pay me monthly but thats not good to me because tunisians can send money outside our country or even use paypal or any type of car (except business man)
    (is all the reseller work like that? i was thinking that i get a reseller account and after that i get all the money i get from my costumers)
    -so what i need (i dont know if this is available) that my costumer pay me directly to mybank account.
    -im seeing that all the best reseller are in english so when i purchase an account can i setup my hosting company in french or arabic or i have to find a reseller in france?

sorry for my bad english (but im trying the best to improve it :) )
    i really appreciate any help
    thanks allc

TheLasTSamuRai, May 23, 2009 IP
  2. babau

babau Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1- you pay your reseller account. What you earn then is all yours
    2- you can get the payments in any way you want. The important thing is that you pay your reseller account. You can do what you want then with your space/bandwidth, even giving them out for free ;) When you get an order, a payment or what you want, then you create the account for your customer. This thing can be automated with billing scripts such as WHMCS ;)
    3- the control panel (cPanel) is multi-language. You (or your cusotmers) can choose your favourite language ;)

babau, May 23, 2009 IP
  3. TheLasTSamuRai

TheLasTSamuRai Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2

Thanks for your detailed response :) so to start a reseller plane i need just to purchase a plane , there is no scripts that i need to buy or any other fees?

4. njoker555

njoker555 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    find a suitable reseller package within your budget - make sure they don't oversell (be sure to ask) so that you are safer when it comes to saving money, time, and trouble later on

then you need a site of your own, most resellers may provide you with a template but most likely that template has been used dozens of times so you want to be a bit more unique -

you also need a good Billing software, you can get clientexec or WHMCS which costs around $15/mo - some resellers provide them for free - well not really free because their reseller plans are higher than they should be. there are free softwares but I can't recommend any as I don't have any exp with any free ones

so the checklist:

1. reseller package
    2. web site
    3. billing software

you are set after that. good luck! Let me know if you need a suitable reseller, we'll be happy to work with you.

njoker555, May 23, 2009 IP
  5. TheLasTSamuRai

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2

Thanks njoker555 for those tips
    but after i purchase WHMCS can i costomize it to use just bank transfer? because people here cant use paypal
    and after a costumer purchase an account i check if the transfer is done and i active his account
    i know thats gonna be little confusing but i think i can hundle it especially that i dont have a good competitors
    thanks

6. njoker555

njoker555 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    WHMCS does have a module for bank transfers so you can use that. They also have dozens of other modules such as google checkout, alertpay, moneybookers, etc. we use it and we are very happy with it :)

TheLasTSamuRai likes this.
  7. TheLasTSamuRai

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Thanks again:) rep added
    I thing im gonna start with their Monthly Lease to test if they have my requirement im gonna upgrade

8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why used so expensive script?
    I suggest you use this coz it same function phpcoin.com

mentos, May 23, 2009 IP
  9. dan.jaye

dan.jaye Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello!

WHMCS is the best script to use, avoid free scripts if possible since the support for them is low line. I sent you a PM please check it. :)

-Dan

dan.jaye, May 23, 2009 IP
  10. njoker555

njoker555 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    phpcoin is a free good software but I highly doubt it's as good as whmcs because whmcs has the funding they need from the license fees to make things as good as they are

they also brought out WHMCS 4.0 about a week ago - we upgraded and the features are just great.

11. toniya

toniya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Gorilla are befooling you. You can collect payment directly to your PayPal or google checkout or ClickBank or any payment gateway account.
    Yes, you will get all the money.
    to your payment gateway and not to your bank account.
    You can design your website in any language or in multiple languages. This is your choice and is not related with hosting.

By the way, you want Windows reseller hosting or LINUX?

Please check our special DP sale links http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1347717 http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=914103
    for our best offer, uptime and refund policy.

You will not get anything better and reliable than our offer anywhere is the world - qualified support and seamless service for last 11 years.

Assuring you best of our services and support
    Thanks and regards,
    Toniya

toniya, May 24, 2009 IP
  12. TheLasTSamuRai

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Thanks for your help
    anyone can tell me the difference between WHM and WHMCS and whats the best company that provide WHMCS for free?
    thnaks

TheLasTSamuRai, May 24, 2009 IP
  13. Hoster1

Hoster1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would recommend starting with something like resellerspanel.com or myownfreehost.net until you learn more about how the business works.

Hoster1, May 24, 2009 IP
  14. njoker555

njoker555 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    whm and whmcs are two different markets - WHM is the control panel, generally also called cpanel

whmcs is just the billing software - it works best with WHM and that's why they named it WHMCS. and I can't recommend any place that gives whmcs for free, not familiar with any - You'll have to look around. if you can't find a free one you could always pay for it, it's not that expensive and You'd probably save more overall because as I've said before, if a host offers a free billing software, they are usually charging it in their hosting package price.

njoker555, May 24, 2009 IP
  15. toniya

toniya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Clientexec is much better and cool. it is cheaper as well. if anyone provides anything free, he adds the cost somewhere else and finally who have to pay one way or other :D

Have a nice time.
    Best regards,
    Toniya

toniya, May 25, 2009 IP
  16. papa2ae

papa2ae Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Exactly. I have found some VPS which offer cpanel/whm for 7$ first vps then 5$ for every other vps - they also sell fantastico for 1$ and whmcs or clientexec for 5$ ... but when you see their plans they are kind of overpriced. It is just a marketing technique.

I will not post the url to that company here, but if you require it then you can pm me.

I was just using this as an example :)

I hope you do well in your hosting business ;)

papa2ae, May 25, 2009 IP
  17. TheLasTSamuRai

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Thanks njoker555 for replying my pm and for all others members who helped me with their answers

the problem that im facing now is that:

im not sure of the script i need to use but anyone please take a look at this site (sorry its french but the same feature of english)
    http://www.vipdomaine.com/hebergement-tunisie/domainchecker.php

if u continue the registratuin process u gonna see at the end what im looking for

those some pictures ( i have translated some text to english so u hunderstand what i mean)

pic1 (http://www.picscorner.com/images/956_1.png)
    Pic2 (http://www.picscorner.com/images/583_2.png)

and i dont mean that i want an online bank transfer but just a form at the end of the process saying that they need to send the money to my bank account (like the second picture) and after i verify the payment i activate their account
    thanks all of you and any reply will be much appreciated

TheLasTSamuRai, May 25, 2009 IP
  18. HostingProvider

HostingProvider Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hello,

I think WHMCS allows you to customize the text in pic2 (the one above your red text in the top of the pic) through the module configuration panel - they call it "Instructions for the buyer" I believe.

So that you can put your text there directly.

Regards.

HostingProvider, May 25, 2009 IP
  19. Kevin.Ross

Kevin.Ross Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Your best option is to order WHMCS, then pay the setup for a payment processor, such as 2co. They allow all types of payments to be made and they will send you the money every week directly into your bank account. I know for sure they accept Paypal, and every credit card company, plus a few others. It is a little expensive but it will open up your audience because you are not limited to one method of payment. They take 5% I think or around there depending on the method that was paid. I know what I wrote is a little confusing but just check out the main site for 2co here. https://www.2checkout.com/community/

Any questions ask, if you need help setting up a site I would be more then happy to help you get started. When starting a webhosting company, you must have funds or you will never make it. Let us know on your budget as if your budget is low you will not be able to make it, and it would be a waste of time.

Regards,
    Kevin Ross

Kevin.Ross, May 25, 2009 IP