1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Targeting keywords in title or page its self

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Aaron111, May 23, 2009.

All adsense fans based on many of these post from DP

can anyone be descriptive on where or what page to narrow down the keyword density ..... I mean big TomG... instructed some great adsense theory... on my golf ball site here Golf Ball Discounters.com im targeting golf discount golf balls and golf balls ..... here is my Title here <title>Discount Golf Balls, Used Golf Balls, Wholesale Golf Balls, Cheap Golf Balls</title>

when you say narrow down my niche keywords? do you mean in my title meta???? using this word "pro v1 golf balls" whats the meaning of Narrow down

should I build page for that key word and write article on it??/ or write about that word only on the home page?? or should that be the first word in my Titles home page???

Aaron111, May 23, 2009 IP
  2. tommygadget

tommygadget Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm... OK, here's the deal:

First, decide what you want your site to be about. Do the keyword research and decide how much competition you are comfortable with going against. Here's some keywords based on golf balls:

"logo golf balls" CPC: $4.20, Competition: 124K pages, Traffic: 12K/month
    "pro v1 golf balls" CPC: $1.41, Competition: 48K pages, Traffic: 12K/month

Now, if you look, you'll see that logo golf balls has roughly 3x the competition but a much higher CPC. So, you'll have to decide which one you will target first. You also have to decide which generic terms will be on your home page, in this case, golf ball review, golf ball reviews, cheap golf balls, wholesale golf balls, etc., etc. The specific keywords should be addressed on individual article pages. The more, the merrier.

TomG.

tommygadget, May 23, 2009 IP
  3. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    TomG are you saying put those key words in the title of the home page meaning pro v1 golf balls or logo golf balls??/ And target that phrase from the root??? Or what??

or is it okay If I do this here go to golfballdiscounters.com

Am I okay with that title…. And if I build indexes that target pro v1 golf balls or logo golf balls can that be as beneficial????? Please answer the first question clearly …..

Please answer the first question clearly ….. Tome G are you saying put those key words in the title of the home page meaning pro v1 golf balls or logo golf balls?? And target that phrase from the root??? Or what??

4. tommygadget

tommygadget Peon

Best Answers:
    That is your answer.

TomG.

tommygadget, May 23, 2009 IP
    Aaron111 likes this.
  5. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should target one specific key phrase and then write about that topic, adding various other relevant phrases throughout the article. Don't spam keywords in your title tag, you want pretty much an exact phrase that you intend on ranking well for. Your meta description tag is where you add your site details.:)

Ryan6, May 23, 2009 IP
  6. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    what should I title the home then?? Is this okay here? <title>The Golf Ball Discounters Spectacular Golf Ball Website For Players & Beginners</title>
    Or what do recommend my home title tag be??/ lol

7. jkadin

jkadin Peon

Best Answers:
    i would switch beginner's and player's having beginner's first

jkadin, May 23, 2009 IP
  8. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    jkadin why would that mater in my title? vs one another ... it is releavant to wht the site offers

9. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    TomG your the man dude ... thanks so much look for greenies in your CP I appreciate DP members becuase of the motivation brought here bye notable eyes and ears based on seo and adsense .... LIVE LONG DP forums ...

10. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's an example:

This would be for a specific article for Callaway golf shoes.

With the meta tag, it may be a good idea to use keywords such as: golf bags, golf balls, golf clubs etc. You can get some ideas by checking out what your rivals are using by just searching "discount golf" through Google. It's a very competitive niche your in there though, you'll need plenty of back-links and some great content to get any pages on the front page of Google.:)

Ryan6, May 23, 2009 IP
  11. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    In retro the home page is the justifier or mother starship it will be named <title>The Golf Ball Discounters Spectacular Golf Ball Website For Players & Beginners</title> all other pages will send those targeted golfball titles to them .... ... all extension will be named balls, bags etc... I donot believe by targeting golf balls directly from main idex is necessary say's big TomG.... and Jkadin

the Title you named would be good for a subpage here <TITLE>Callaway Golf Shoes</TITLE> not for the main index that I learned from DAN SCHULZ top seo from sitepoint.... ......... that cutting edge dude ... thanks for the key phrase help though kodus ....