1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpld Upgrade to 3.05 - Not happy so far...

Discussion in 'Directories' started by thudufushi, Jul 20, 2006.

1. thudufushi

thudufushi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, Boby shut the hell up if you dont want to help. You are talking utter rubbish, I have tried and implemented every single suggestion offered including more besides. So you are talking crap, please do that somewhere else.

dvduval, the help has been selective, many questions not even replied to, and those that have have not been resolved.

Techevanelist, no if you had read previous posts you would see I have sourced the problem re. pagerank and what you are saying is incorrect, all the PR pages are still there if you change any file location to .html.

Regards,
    Steve

thudufushi, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  2. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WOW! :eek: I can see now why you haven't gotten much response.

Boby is one of the nicest people you will meet on the PHPLD forums and is always generous with his time to help people. If you can't get along with him, you can't get along with anyone.

EveryQuery, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  3. thudufushi

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    How would you feel if you had put in 15 hours out of the last 22, trying to fix something that should just work and then be told you havent tried anything, please try to image that.
    Steve

4. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Believe me, I can imagine that, buddy. But that is no excuse for you to be acting so childish and posting derogatory comments in this thread AND in the three threads you have on the PHPLD forum. I see alot of people trying to help you (like Dave, Boby, Steve), despite your bad attitude. Grow up.

EveryQuery, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  5. Steve Myers

Steve Myers Active Member

Best Answers:
    With the quote above and you telling one of the PHPLD Admin/Devs off, I don't see any reason to continue in the support for you here, or the phpld forum. If you do not want to listen and follow the instructions we have given you over at the forum of PHPLD, then I see no need to continue this conversation with you.

If you want to revert back to V2, feel free, but you will not be getting my support if you will not handle situations better and listen to what the "Makers of PHPLD" have handed to you to help.

Steve Myers, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  6. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have to really bite my lip when I hear the kind of language and attitude you have been providing here and in the phpLD forum. We've spent a lot of time trying to help you too.

We are nice people and try to help people, and it is really difficult for us to have a desire to be helpful when people are kicking and screaming. So calm down, smile, and show some patience, and you will reach your goals.

dvduval, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  7. Boby

Boby Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I tried to help, if you don't want it ... ok it's your problem. But you can't expect results if you don't try any of the suggestions out.

Good luck with your problems.

Boby, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  8. thudufushi

Best Answers:
    Ok Ok. But Steve and Boby, it really is incensing to be told I am not following your instructions or trying your suggestions, Steve you have reiterated this assertion by Boby just now despite me telling you that I have tried everything that has been offered.

Noone has attempted a response at half my questions, as posted on phpld forum. I am sure I need to be more patient but ignoring direct questions doesnt help. I will end it here for now and revert to phpld forum but I am about at the end of what I can do with this.

Regards,
    Steve

9. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have offered some assistance over on the phpld forums, Thudufishi.

an0n, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  10. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Clearly, multiple people are trying to help you, and have already given you a lot of their personal time, both here and on phpLD forum.

I suggest you let this rest for a couple of days. Then PM me all the info I need to understand and solve your problems.

dvduval, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We're talking a free script with free support aren't we?

Hell, I use the free version of wsnlinks and the support is non-existant but I'm still grateful for the opportunity to use great code.

phpLD is a great starting point - so you have to open a file occassionally and give feedback that something's not right AND what the fix is. Treat the writers with respect.

sarahk, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  12. digitome

digitome Peon

Best Answers:
    thudufushi i sent you a PM, let me know ill try to help you with this.

Thanks,
    Jeff

digitome, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  13. Boby

Boby Peon

Best Answers:
    thudufushi updated recently to phpLD 3.0.5 that is a payed ($25) script.
    Actually, he is updating from version 2.0 (free) that had some modules added, but he's not able to add them again on 3.0.5
    We offered support for that, and another little problem, but he is not willing to try our suggestions out.

I have told him to remove a part of the code from one of his template files, Steve Myers suggested also another part that he didn't wanted to have on the submit page. Then I got the submit template file into my hands, and what could I see? Nothing was removed what we suggested, he was still using his 2.0 tpl file on 3.05 that needs some template tweaks on update.
    Sent him the file modiefied back, I don't know if he tried it out or not because he overreacted (see posts above) and didn't answered anymore. If he want's to see results on his directory, and is willing to work friendly, I'd be happy to help, and some more guys here and on the official phpLD forum.
    But with this attitude, I don't thing any positive results will come in near future.

@PortProphecy
    Thanks for your appreciation :)

Boby

Boby, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  14. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i dont know what this guy's problem is

you give me the ftp access and i will remove the reciprocal option for you

it is so easy and you are just crying for something which is so unreasonable.

Bobby and David are one of the nicest people around.

I see that in the phpLD forum they are helping you as much as they can ... and i can see that in the forum....

you are doing nothing but giving them a bad name which is not even helping because they have so many supporters ...

let me know if i can help

and please avoid the foul language in this community and make the environment clean.

Thanks

smub, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  15. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It hasn't been easy to feel motivated, but I'm still trying, and we are trying to work this out privately now to avoid anything that will cause any more trouble. We really do want to help everyone. We just need some patience and kindness.

dvduval, Jul 21, 2006 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  16. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    As I look at this site's info, the loss of PR is self-inflicted and no it was not done post TBPR because that's not done updating for one.

First
    Created On:24-Apr-2006 15:59:38 UTC

Second
    This site has been redesigned which very likely resulted in a lot of changes in the file structure; the attached image is only from 3-June!

Blaming and venting at others for your lack of professionalism, patience and apptitude is not going to solve a darn thing.

In case I forget to sign it, the red rep will be from me for your treatment of your fellow DP members who've done nothing but try to assist you ... they are answering your questions, you choose not to hear.

Finally, I will add that my niche is marketing and content, not design, programming, etc. However, I recently purchased a copy of 3.05 unbranded and I've had zero issues - if this blonde can do it, you can too; take a breath from the complaining and listen to the help you're being offered.

Attached Files:

wrmineo, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  17. thudufushi

Best Answers:
    What is wrong with you? How dare you, who do you think you are. You have half the picture at best and you think you can get involved and red rep someone. This is being handled offline now and is a closed issue and nothing to do with you.

For your information, they have failed to answer or even attempt to answer a number of questions specifically asked of them on a product I have bought despite repeating the questions several times. Now I suggest you retract your actions immediately, you have one chance.

Regards,

Steve

thudufushi, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are you threatening wrmineo?

Reps can't be withdrawn. A single red isn't going to matter in the long run.

It wasn't clear from the thread that you were getting adequate offline support. We could see that it was offered.

What you post in a public forum becomes public property and any other member is entitled to comment just as you are entitled to. However threatening members is out of line don't you think?

sarahk, Jul 22, 2006 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  19. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Steve: Does that mean we can barter a link exchange or that you're not going to give me some free feature links? :(

No worries Sarah, but thanks.

My former psyops training tells me I struck a nerve because I struck into some truth; you can't shoot yourself in the foot and then complain that Remingtion bullets don't work right ....

But if I'm wrong, I'm human and professional enough to take onus of that; I'd be happy to be proved wrong as everything can be turned into a lessons learned instead of a frustration and failures ....

Darn, that was my one chance and I think I just blew it.

wrmineo, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  20. thudufushi

Best Answers:
    Enough's enough, I am going to play nice and start again. I have taken an sql backup, I am deleteing the entire site and database and starting with a fresh install.

Some of those trying to help me; David, Boby got upset because they thought I was not actioning their suggestions. I was but not always correctly, I had inherited some messed up template folders and in some cases had been editing a submit.tpl file that wasnt the current live template version. So they saw no change and thought I hadnt bothered trying their suggestions.

Thanks for the help that has been given.

Regards,
    Steve

thudufushi, Jul 22, 2006 IP