1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making a restaurant website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by error47, May 16, 2009.

I am opening my restaurant in a month and I want a website. I am looking for something that is easy to use and update like Joomla. I've been searching the internet for hours, I can't seem to find anything. I am just looking for a joomla template or something. I have dreamweaver and I know basic websdesign, but I need it to be professional. Any suggestions?

error47, May 16, 2009 IP
  2. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I understand your question - if you want something like joomla, why not use joomla? or drupal as an alternative. If you're looking for joomla templates - well, there's no problem in finding those through google, there are loads out there - if you have a little knowledge it's generally easy enough to tweak the style sheet if you don't find exactly what you want.

magda, May 16, 2009 IP
    mentos likes this.
  3. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ill suggest you to go for custom wordpress Theme design, it will be easy to use and im sure you'll need to update it frequently.

Oranges, May 16, 2009 IP
  4. eFishy

eFishy Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeh i would also say WordPress for a simple restaurant website Joomla is like using a machine gun to crack a nut.
    Or even just use a static HTML page, chaces are that your not going to have daily updates...?
    Regards,

eFishy, May 16, 2009 IP
    GlowStormLion likes this.
  5. GlowStormLion

GlowStormLion Peon

Best Answers:
    What sort of restaurant would it be? Fine dining or family dining or something else? I might have some ideas but if I knew the demographic you were aiming for that'd make it easier to come up with a useful suggestion :)

Congratulations on your new restaurant, btw! My girl would be exceedingly jealous!

GlowStormLion, May 16, 2009 IP
  6. Dee2007

Dee2007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As you are talking about a CMS, I am assuming you are going to be making regular updates?

If not, you would be just as well doing a static site. I did a site a few years ago in a similar niche and did it this way because they didn't need regular updates and it gave me full control over the design.

Dee

Dee2007, May 16, 2009 IP
  7. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    HomeComputerGames, May 16, 2009 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I do suggest you outsource the website job to other so that you can concentrate on your biz.
    Here you can find the joomla template
    http://www.bestofjoomla.com/

mentos, May 16, 2009 IP
  9. error47

error47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the replies. I am not really looking to update the website frequently, I just thought joomla would be nice because it is easy to manage. I sort of got the idea of joomla after I found this really cool site: www.letseat.at they have some really good stuff there. If you take a look at www.letseat.at , you'll see that it has tons of features, but unfortunately I cannot edit the HTML because they place their ads right on your site. So my question is, is there anything out there that is as simple and powerful as letseat.at?

error47, May 16, 2009 IP
  10. N2D

N2D Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey dude, a pro web designer once told me dat when u want to be a PRO Quit Template, well if u want to find some nice template that will suit your restaurant website visit my delicious page delicious.com/pagework it's all FOC(Free Of Charge) 4 you, i'm web a webmaster & here to help!

My 2 cent contribution *wink*

N2D, May 17, 2009 IP
  11. GWebSol_Online

GWebSol_Online Banned

Best Answers:
    You can use wordpress because it is simple and easy to use. Joomla is quite complicated.

Regards
    GSolOnline

GWebSol_Online, May 18, 2009 IP
  12. N2D

N2D Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is complicated dats true, i suggest u download some templates online.

N2D, May 20, 2009 IP
  13. hounderd

hounderd Guest

Best Answers:
    if you think joomla is complicated, i suggest you stay in school.

using pre-built systems like wordpress and joomla etc etc are very amateur, if you want something professional you'd make it yourself. (html/css/php/mysql).

hounderd, May 20, 2009 IP
  14. BeTheDance

BeTheDance Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did this restaurant site in Joomla (still working on it--as we speak) and was able to find I think the only reasonable alternative to OpenTable--which happens to be a Joomla app. It still needs work, but it's getting a LOT of compliments from people AND the reservation system is working well. If you need any help, feel free to pm me. (I've been working in Mambo/Joomla for years.)

MarqsInMenlo.com

BeTheDance, May 20, 2009 IP
  15. N2D

N2D Peon

Best Answers:
    What do u mean dude? mind u everyone can't be a PRO, remember we all started from somewhere.

N2D, May 20, 2009 IP
  16. stodom888

stodom888 Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations! I agree, Wordpress is a good choice. I recently tried Wix's Flash website builder. You might want to try that out too.

stodom888, May 21, 2009 IP
  17. rogerrnicholas

rogerrnicholas Peon

Best Answers:
    A website for your restaurant is no longer an option—it’s a necessity. Between hosting, design, and updating, it can get complicated and expensive… but it doesn't have to be!

With a LetsEat.at restaurant website, hosting is a matter of signing up, designing a matter of choosing a theme, updating a matter of signing-in.

rogerrnicholas, May 21, 2009 IP
  18. Gorbizan

Gorbizan Peon

Best Answers:
    What about the domain? Is the domain yours? or it is something like www.letseat.at/yourrestaurant ? You need a domain to be yours and constructed / defined in a way to propagate the name / logo of your restaurant as to be easily then optimized for search engines.
    By the way, the layout of site you indicate looks like a blog/wordpress theme (it has articles in the left side and links in the right). You can easily buy a domain and customise with wordpress.com themes. I also use a template at my site taken from wordpress.com. Just in case (might be a small chance however) your restaurant is for vegetarians, you might want to take a look at the template I use (i.e the site is The Doctor and The Vegetarian therapist) just for inspiration when decide for your layout.
    Good luck with your restaurant!

Gorbizan, May 21, 2009 IP
  19. meannn

meannn Peon

Best Answers:
    I am with you dude....

meannn, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  20. wordpress3theme.com

wordpress3theme.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I know it's a little bit old topic but in case if someone would need a restaurant template, I just finished one with full identity package, which includes A4 paper, envelope, standing and laying business cards and a menu brochure. Here is the link: Wordpress 3 Theme - Restaurant

wordpress3theme.com, Aug 18, 2010 IP