1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Don't Spend Time On Forums And Go Get To Work...

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ajbarnes, May 20, 2009.

I don't know how many times I've come across that statement, but I'm sorry, contrary to popular belief, I disagree with that sentiment.

Why?

Well, for starters, EVERYTHING I learned about how to do this affiliate marketing game came ENTIRELY from the forums. When I felt I was making a mistake, the forum helped. When I was looking for new products (that are hot) to promote, I discovered them on the forums. I found out about article marketing...and how to do it properly...on the forums. Motivation and inspiration came from the forums. I met some awesome marketers that I have learned so much from on the forums. And so much more!

Listen, we all were newbies at one point, and we all sat around scratching our heads trying to figure this thing out. Just because we know a little more now than what did when we started doesn't mean that everyone else should also "get it". There's some folks who don't even have a first clue on what an autoresponder is!

The forums are here to provide advice, knowledge, inspiration, and motivation. Telling a newb to just go get to work is just wrong. You know and I know for a fact that it is not as easy as just getting to work and work hard. In this game, working smart is where it is at. Now I'm not saying the forums are the end all be all of information on how to do this internet marketing thing, but you can get so much knowledge from them.

Let's help each other out instead of running them off. Remember, karma works both ways.....

Staying true to my word, let me offer one of my biggest lessons learned with running this affiliate business to those of you who are just starting out: Learn this business, pick a product that will convert well, build your campaign for that product, and move on to the next product/niche. I learned the hard way if you just stick with promoting just one product or one niche. Doing that will drive you nuts if you hit a downtime with that product or niche! So, after you learn how to do this business, and you've got a project going for a particular product, move on to the next. Also, I recommend to diversify your way of earning money online period (adsense, clickbank, blog advertising spots, your own product, etc.).

Good luck! :)

ajbarnes, May 20, 2009 IP
    fireboat and jacky8 like this.
  2. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great advice.. hope to apply that to myself.. +rep

jacky8, May 20, 2009 IP
  3. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Being honest, quite a lot of stuff that I know now was learned from forums as well, but it doesn't mean that you have to sit here all day replying to every new thread ;)

It's good to know the limit for everything.

Nice post.

bl4ckmaN^, May 20, 2009 IP
  4. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its all about doing what you like. If you like staying in forums, do it all the time. Don't worry, be HaPpY :)

jacky8, May 20, 2009 IP
  5. CODForum

CODForum Guest

Best Answers:
    The main thing is to enjoy oneself whilst doing it?

CODForum, May 20, 2009 IP
  6. cri8bat

cri8bat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree mate!
    I also learnt alot from this forum!

Thank you all!

cri8bat, May 20, 2009 IP
  7. forest1

forest1 Peon

Best Answers:
    great post. too many people are rude to newbies and they forget that once they were a newbie too. I am sure they wouldnt appreciate it if no one helped them and made rude comments when they were also new. stay friendly and helpful!

forest1, May 21, 2009 IP
  8. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It finally boils down to how well the time is spent....be it on forums or anywhere else.

Forums have been great learning place for many and I concur with OP's remarks that the time spent here constructively gives a lot of views and ideas, to be able to guide you well in your efforts.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, May 21, 2009 IP
  9. Siddharth Mehta

Siddharth Mehta Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Your letter is an evidence that most of us (newbies) including me are heading NOWHERE
    and just beating around the bush (in fact) wasting time and money both.

Well, the problem being faced by me is not the selection of the product / program
    but it is its promotion. even after going through forums, adsense / adword guidelines unable grasp the winning stroke.

would appreciate if could help to set the ball rolling for me to take over.

look forward to your reply,

thanks in advance,

regards,
    :D
    sm

Siddharth Mehta, May 22, 2009 IP
  10. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Aff. marketing is all about testing ..

Forums will only help you in a way or another but will not necessarily make you money as well :)

evelinawilliams007, May 22, 2009 IP
  11. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep the day I started my first website I happened to find DP when I was doing a search for "How to run a website" haha. Didn't start posting for a while, if you look at individual threads many are useless but the more you read the more you get out of it. I still learn things every day reading this forum, I wouldn't still be here otherwise.

Gallito, May 22, 2009 IP
  12. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree 100% with everyone here that forums are the most important place to learn but i still want to promise myself that I will not log into this forum for the next 7 days. Lets Churn out at least 250 articles in these days! BRB and Let you all know what i Did in the 7 days. So i think i'm gonna have an incentive to work more and stay inspired this way like people do with journals! I'll then say you Thnx for opening this thread.

jacky8, May 26, 2009 IP
  13. jax93

jax93 Guest

Best Answers:
    ive finally got a solid income online .

jax93, May 26, 2009 IP
  14. Michael T.

Michael T. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good article,forums are great places to learn but if you spend to much time in forums then you are losing money because you could be working....Half an hour a day can't hurt but it will definitely help.

Michael T., May 27, 2009 IP
  15. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's about balance. It goes both ways, to be honest.

I spent years on here learning the ropes, but once I had the basics down, I would probably be making more right now if I'd spent more time working on projects and less time on the forums.

Forums are great for learning, and you'll never learn everything there is to know, but you HAVE to realize when you've learned enough. There should be a planning "stage", but once you know what to do, get off the forums for a while and just go do it.

Then, come back for advice, to learn more, and to keep up-to-date on changes in the Internet Marketing industry, but the vast amount of your time should be spent working -- not on Digital Point. :)

Sloth, May 27, 2009 IP
  16. ajbarnes

ajbarnes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent point.

ajbarnes, May 27, 2009 IP
  17. Trader140

Trader140 Peon

Best Answers:
    Diversify... so true. Once something works, move on. Learn learn learn. If you found something too difficult at first, maybe it's time to revisit.

Trader140, May 27, 2009 IP
  18. Sadesue

Sadesue Peon

Best Answers:
    Jax93, Is your solid income from a website or other? Can you share?
    Thanks~
    Sadesue

Sadesue, May 27, 2009 IP