1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 sites 2 months no clicks - help

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by conflictuniverse, May 19, 2009.

Hi,

I ran 2 sites in 2 different niche markets

The first in a toy recall information site
    This site is over a year old and PR 1

http://www.banleadtoys.com/

The other one is only 2 months old with PR 0
    http://www.vampire-life.co.cc/

I don't know why I suck so bad a SEO and adsense. Can anyone tell me whats wrong with the sites.

Thanks
    PS: No (what's right with it, or EVERYTHING) comments. I can't take it...sniff

conflictuniverse, May 19, 2009 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lead Toys returns:

Sexual Abuse Attorneys
    Personal Injury Laywer

If Google's Adsense Bot can't figure out what your site is about then how can you expect to rank?

The ads are an after thought, you are using and adblock that statistically gets the lowest clickthrough. And your sites are about topics that are far from the main stream. Why would a person want to visit your site.

Who is your customer?

Back up and find a topic that people want to find. If you are doing affilaite do affiliate, if you are doing adsense do adsense.

I see your site as very disjointed.

Again who is the person looking for this stuff?

internetmarketingiq, May 19, 2009 IP
  3. GeoGeo

GeoGeo Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, people who visit the site are unlikely to be clicking ads with no relation to your pages.

GeoGeo, May 19, 2009 IP
  4. conflictuniverse

conflictuniverse Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply
    I'm not much good at this.

Is there a way to tell Google what my site is about, or should I load each page with "Toy recall" or something so the dumb bots know what to show?

thanks again

conflictuniverse, May 19, 2009 IP
  5. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's still early days for your site, two months even with a niche site is still a little early to start seeing big cash results from Adsense. Give it at least 6 months. Also make sure that you are promoting your site through commetning on do follow blogs in a similar niche to your own and commenting in forums like this one. I notice that you've got your signature links sorted already which is always a good start.

lightlysalted, May 19, 2009 IP
  6. jkadin

jkadin Peon

Best Answers:
    First do you get visitor's , If there looking for a toy recall why would they want to click a ad they came and got the info they needed no need to go else where. Get a domain read threads here do research pick something you are interested in and will not get bored. Then when thats all done then make a website about it. You might as well take those domains at a loss.

It happens I got 4 websites 2 are not making anything except pennies when those domains are up for renewal I will not do them. I am in the process now of replacing one of them in july. It happens just got to pick yourself up and start fresh.

jkadin, May 19, 2009 IP
  7. namoeditor

namoeditor Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to promote your website and try to test your ads placement and see if what placement is good. the key to earnin adsense is to promote your website.

namoeditor, May 19, 2009 IP
  8. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    For your ban lead toys site I would put the articles inside the site and just use headlines with a small blurbs. Then I would write something explaining your site and the cause you are fighting for on the front page. Perhaps explain the dangers of lead based toys. Then SEO this page to start. You really need to do some keyword research also. I doubt people are searching for ban lead toys. Probably more like "hazardous toys" , "toy recall", etc...
    These keywords that you find people are searching for should be used to optimize your page. Read here in this forum for optimization tips and the use of title tags, description tags, h1 tags, etc..
    Also, the amazon toys you have on the page might be considered toys you are warning about. People often just glance and do not read.

Your other site......well, I wouldn't associate it with the ban lead toys one...
    Most mothers probably would think some strange things about you :)
    Though I do know there is a niche for this. I knew an artist that desired to be a vamp.

See what your competition is doing.....follow the leader sort of thing.

Good Luck!

jkadin - You almost match my image :)

HomeComputerGames, May 19, 2009 IP
  9. ArticleCircle

ArticleCircle Peon

Best Answers:
    There's nothing wrong with those PRs really... just see if you're getting good traffic :)

ArticleCircle, May 19, 2009 IP
  10. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Standard banner is the worst. Use another size and remove the frame

lifeplayer, May 19, 2009 IP