1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Social Bookmarking really usefull?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by pro.seods, May 17, 2009.

hi,

I have seen many people emphasizing on social bookmarking. So I was wondering whether it is really useful?

How does it help a site? I have seen that most of the famous social bookmarking sites have very high PR..So does it help people get quality backlink.

Please help

thank you

pro.seods, May 17, 2009 IP
  2. johnkhoo

johnkhoo Peon

Best Answers:
    SB is helpful when come to traffic generation to our website/blog. It can generate massive traffic to your site/blog. However, these traffic is not targeted. They come fast and gone. Unless you are really active in SB to maintain your traffic level. In term of qualify backlinks, yes, some of them are DoFollow sites and you can share some PR juice from them. The easiest way to determine whether or not the SB sites are DoFollow is to use the Google Seoquake plugin. It can help you to judge.

johnkhoo, May 17, 2009 IP
  3. wanderinglex47

wanderinglex47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea it helps, but only if you got worthy, entertaining or stupid articles:). People like reading interesting or entertaining stuff. Just look at those singing hanging fishes.

wanderinglex47, May 17, 2009 IP
  4. inter4522

inter4522 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it helps you if you use dofollow social bookmarking sites.

inter4522, May 17, 2009 IP
  5. Apice Internet

Apice Internet Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a good technique for gaining backlinks, but not only this gift, there are other strategies that are good also

Apice Internet, May 17, 2009 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmark help much in traffic. It helps to get quality backlink when only they are dofollow

lifeplayer, May 17, 2009 IP
  7. mr_mahesh_in

mr_mahesh_in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking helps to get more traffic. Also helps in getting backlinks!

mr_mahesh_in, May 17, 2009 IP
  8. Agnel

Agnel Banned

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Yes, Social Bookmarking is very useful to get traffic and quick back links to your site. But keyword ranking is not stable when doing only social bookmarking to your site. You have to concentrate on other link building strategies also.

Thanks.

Agnel, May 18, 2009 IP
  9. Journey

Journey Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, social bookmarking helps provide higher traffic for your site provided that you submit link with nice title and description to attract more members to click it and see its content.

Journey, May 18, 2009 IP
  10. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I agree that social book marking gets a lot of traffic. (as suggested by other OP)

But again, simple submitting a site link with title and description will do no good, I guess?

So do we have to like submit stories and then direct them towards our site. Will that be helpful?

pro.seods, May 18, 2009 IP
  11. CDZ

CDZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking play a very vital role in promoting of website.

but the rule is "SMART BOOKMARKING"

CDZ, May 18, 2009 IP
  12. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking drives more traffic to your site.It is more effective.Also participating in directories build more backlinks.

rashida, May 20, 2009 IP
  13. som3on3

som3on3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah is very usefull to use Social Bookmark, will help you gain more traffic.

som3on3, May 20, 2009 IP
  14. crappyPaste

crappyPaste Guest

Best Answers:
    It can also help you in indexing your site. By bookmarking a new site to digg, after a few hours it can be indexed by google.

crappyPaste, May 20, 2009 IP
  15. Bhakti Bhoir

Bhakti Bhoir Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, Social Bookmarking helpful for gain more traffic & quality backlinks.

Bhakti Bhoir, May 21, 2009 IP
  16. Tralfamadorian

Tralfamadorian Peon

Best Answers:
    I've gotten good traffic from social bookmarking sites. If you have regularily updated high quality content and very discrete, or no ads, you can gain tons of RSS Feed readers as well. About 5% of the traffic from some of these sites subscribe to the RSS feed if you make it easy and noticeable to do so.

Also, it is pretty easy to get 1-2K twitter followers that are pretty targeted. I have about 1500 followers and when I post a link I get about 50hits on average. If it is good content, a lot of the twitterers will re-tweet your link to all of their followers. This can have a massive effect. You can get pretty good, interested readers very easily.

The problem with social bookmarking sites, and especially Twitter, is that it does not convert very well to advertisement clicks. Out of 1000 hits from twitter I had maybe 1 or 2 clicks. I've since removed the ads since it makes my site look junky, but the truth is, social bookmarking isn't going to drive conversions, it will drive a visitor who is looking for a light, funny, interesting article/post they can quickly skim.

Iff you are getting traffic primarily from social bookmarking sites, I've found that Amazon affiliate links work much better than adsense. You can often discretely place a link so that it adds both information and value to your article as well as gives you a potential revenue source.

I.e., if you have a camera blog and you write a post on how cheap flash memory has become, include your affiliate link to a flash memory card on amazon . If you do it discretely like that you will gain a lot of respect from your readers, and more money since it converts a lot better than adsense (because if your reader doesn't like what they are looking at, they will hit the back arrow and go back to the social bookmarking site, instead of clicking on the add. This is because they probably weren't trying to find exactly what you were writing about like someone from a search engine would be, they just found the link on the bookmarking site interesting and clicked on it.)

Tralfamadorian, May 22, 2009 IP
  17. tinot4u

tinot4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking helps to get more traffic

tinot4u, May 22, 2009 IP
  18. askaqueryad

askaqueryad Active Member

Best Answers:
    askaqueryad, May 22, 2009 IP
  19. sanpatil

sanpatil Peon