1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submitting Links To Link Directories

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Caden Grant, May 17, 2009.

Okay, so I've been submitting my link to a bunch of different link directories with PR's that range from 2 - 6.

Will this benefit me at all? I don't quite understand the process. I know it doesn't bring in too much traffic but bumps your pagerank... at least that's what I heard.

Will this help?

Caden Grant, May 17, 2009 IP
  2. ravi246

ravi246 Peon

Best Answers:
    Even I am in same confusion....Most of web master will deny to do so, while in recent times I found it is slightly helpful to get bumps for the PR. May be it is right for those URLs which have no PR and are in the process to get a hike in their PR.

ravi246, May 17, 2009 IP
  3. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    Submitting your site to lots of high PR directories will help, but not that much these days. Your link is just one in thousands that are sharing this site's link juice. Besides, your link is probably on a page that has no PR.

It would take hundreds of links from directories to equal one good quality link from a relevant, high PR site. For example, if you have a link on a page that has a PR 5, and there are only a few other links on this page, you are going to get a big chuck of this PR link juice.

However, getting a high PR site to give you a link is not easy. For most webmasters, there has to be a genuine incentive for them to want to do you such a huge favour. And since you're not "allowed" to pay them, you can only beg and plead. However, 98% of your emails will never get a response.

Google wants sites to link to you because they think your site has great content and is a valuable resource. In other words, you are probably going to have to post the cure to a major disease on your website. I've had dozens of webmasters tell me that they thought my site was great...but they still wouldn't give me a "free link". Why not? What's in it for them.

What you really need is for your site and/or great content to go viral. This means your site and/or content starts to get talked about all over the internet. Now if you figure out how to do this, chances are you're not going to share it with others on a forum like this.

jasonvan, May 17, 2009 IP
    Stormen likes this.
  4. Caden Grant

Caden Grant Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's true. I don't know guess I gotta come up with something then. I'm still gonna submit my link to directories though.

Caden Grant, May 17, 2009 IP
  5. BigMastiq

BigMastiq Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit as long as they are free. If they want you to pay for inclusion better forget about them, no worth it.

BigMastiq, May 18, 2009 IP
  6. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are a good thing as long as they come from a site that is not a link farm such as a ffa site or a directory with auto submissions. The thing with directories is they can take anywhere from a couple weeks to a year or more depending on the directory to have your site listed so when you submit don't expect any immediate jump in links. Personally I submitted to thousands as a base for my backlinks. I have moved on now to other link building stratagies and usually a couple times a week I get a couple links accepted that I submitted months ago which helps increase backlinks steadily and naturally. Directories are good as long as your planning on being a webmaster for a few years not a couple of months. They should also be only a very small part of online marketing you should also be concerned with social bookmarking, press releases, link exchanges, seo, blogging, blog commenting, and social network sites. Also keep posting in forums everything helps.

kbeus21, May 18, 2009 IP
  7. tentwenty

tentwenty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Caden

Directories have very little effect these days.

Yahoo, Dmoz ETC will give the best power from them.

Other smaller ones seem to be getting ignored I think from google

tentwenty, Jun 5, 2009 IP