1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Tip When Blog Commenting

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by kbeus21, May 17, 2009.

kbeus21, May 17, 2009 IP
  2. LennyP

LennyP Peon

Best Answers:
    It is true some blog owners will delete your post as spam if you use keywords as your name. A simple thing you can do is look at the names of the other commenters. If they have keywords as their name you should be ok to do the same. If all you see is real names you might want to do the same.

LennyP, May 17, 2009 IP
    lifeplayer likes this.
  3. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Lenny. As long as you check what other people are using, then it is fine to follow suit. It is definitely not a misconception that it is a good idea to use keywords in the name field. You just have to be careful and know the rules of each blog. The post is hypocritical anyway....look at his top commentators list....he obviously condones this behavior. It is silly to make a whole post telling people not to do something that he is letting others get away with.

vansterdam, May 17, 2009 IP
    lifeplayer likes this.
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Blogmaster know how the backlink work and especially those dofollow blog owner. They will always prefer to see quality comment. Keyword as user name is fine if you can write a very good comment. However, if the comment is very general, better use real name, it looks more natural and easy to get approved by the owner

lifeplayer, May 17, 2009 IP
  5. mclaymon

mclaymon Peon

Best Answers:
    I often let the user slide if they write a good comment on the post. But most will be deleted as soon as they make the comment. In general, if you are taking your time to write something of value the the conversation the blog master will overlook a link or five especially if the link is to a site that is in the same niche as the post.

It looks like it is time to do a followup on that post. (-: Ouch has it been that long?
    Mark Laymon
    http://www.alistseo.com

mclaymon, May 18, 2009 IP
  6. The Villa

The Villa Peon

Best Answers:
    I used the technique of using keywords at first because some expert recommended it. As soon as I tried it though, I got shot down by one blog owner. So I went back to using just my name. Oh well...

The Villa, May 18, 2009 IP
  7. b2breps

b2breps Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best thing to do is find do follow blogs that have keywordluv enabled. That way you can put your name and anchor your keywords.

b2breps, May 18, 2009 IP
  8. coolamazer

coolamazer Peon

Best Answers:
    I always use my blog name. I never use any other keywords. I have not had any problems till now

coolamazer, May 18, 2009 IP
  9. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good points in that post. I use my name for commenting and that's why some of my sites rank for my name :)) Look for keywordluv blogs if you want anchored link.

jitendraag, May 18, 2009 IP
  10. darkdrgn2k

darkdrgn2k Active Member

Best Answers:
    What gridns my gears is i have posted insiteful, good quality comments about some blog articles, and go not approved because i used a keyword.

While others with "great article" got through

And LOTS of them, not just one!

Personaly i think that blog admis are not going after the right 'spam'

On my blogs, i coudltn care less what your key worded name is. My bigger consern is the SPAM comments

"Great Blog Article" "Thank for the post"

Really?? I spend all that time writing the article and thats all you can post? or did you not even read it, just post a one liner just to get your link...

darkdrgn2k, May 18, 2009 IP
  11. dhwanit01

dhwanit01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi kbeus21,

It was an interesting article and it was worth to read it.

dhwanit01, May 18, 2009 IP
  12. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can go ahead and use all the keywords in the name you want on my blog. I usually go through and check for stuffing personally. Using a name is a bit more classy as well.

SFOD_D223, May 18, 2009 IP
  13. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    I quess it really depends on the blog person. I personally would allow a keyword for a name as long as they left there real name at the bottom of there post and also left an interesting or insightful comment.

some people are anal and some aren't that's just a part of life.

ErikJ, May 19, 2009 IP
  14. printmatt

printmatt Guest

Best Answers:
    Yup! That's what I always do, find a do follow blog that uses keywordLuv plugin.

printmatt, May 19, 2009 IP
  15. MartinAddison

MartinAddison Peon

Best Answers:
    I used a blog commenting service on here and their average acceptance rates were 85% using a name. This fell to 50% if using anchor text.

MartinAddison, May 19, 2009 IP
  16. STRUK

STRUK Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I agree with darkdrgn2k. I'm so sick of comments from people that obviously didn't read my post and just want a dofollow backlink. Comments are there to let you voice your opinion on the post, not to copy and paste the same thing over and over (I once had a guy come back on three separate occasions and leave the same damn comment on different posts).

STRUK, May 19, 2009 IP
  17. lazyfrog

lazyfrog Member

Best Answers:
    yeah people get angry if the commentator's name is forex, or free money. It is hilarious at times.

lazyfrog, May 19, 2009 IP
  18. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    For those types of fools, I scrape off their links and insert my own to teach them a lesson. BTW, your sig linx are broken. Vbulletin structure is different from other forum sigs.

;)

SFOD_D223, May 20, 2009 IP