1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have figured out what Google is doing!

Discussion in 'Google' started by NewComputer, Mar 4, 2005.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Have you ever thought that it might be something the others have done wrong and they were taken out to your benefit and your stuff stayed the same without breaking rules :confused:

anthonycea, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  2. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    not sure what you're talking about anthony. what are you getting at? a lot of people were let out of the sandbox on superbowl sunday.

skattabrain, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    What I am talking about is that some sites are removed for bad tactics and it may make it seem that you are moving up and thinking it is something that you did right when it was you moving up because others were removed.

4. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, i can see your point ... but not when you move from #66 to #3 overnight.

i have the DP logs to prove it too

5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    In your opinion, did the SERP's in your keywords become more on target and relevant :confused:

6. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I was not talking about your site, but the results being more relevant and in focus in the keywords that are searched on.

anthonycea, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  8. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I tell you I didn't bother to read the whole thread. I can tell you that google is penalizing excessive SEO. Ok, highly Targeted SEO. I think we have all figured this out by now.

My experiments are finished where I am concerned. Though, I sure would have appreciated a little more support to run a final experiment to support pulling a dead site intentially bagged. I got ONE offer for a weight contribution towards one link of twenty needed. Hmmm... I appreciate the jump to help everyone here find a solution. Tsk...

Though disappointed, I'll share the final analysis anyway and hope in the future when things like this happen more attempt to participate in identifying answers that help one another to succeed.

What you need to look at is back link diversity.

In other words. If you target phrase is "home loan" and you want to rank well in google, you better run 20 back links to the same page diverse enough in anchor text evenly using home loan or related mortgage term. Best Home Loan, Cheap Home Loan, FHA-loan, mortgage lender, etc etc etc Randfish has posted some great kw analysis techniques in the seochat forum that I would refer to for developing these back links.

This is the key to high rankings in Google right now. Apply it to your typical link campaign using permanent links or the co-op (won't work as well but you will rank) or whatever. Use it with authority links and topical links. Track your linking pattern and evenly diversify your target phrases. The more diverse, apparently the better the results you'll see in google. ( I have one site I ran 40 different phrases that jumped from fully bagged via allegra to 100's of #1 through 6 positions...yes hundreds ... my weekend traffic has doubled and my weekday traffic is up 50% for this site)

If you have been bagged in allegra, apply the same using the co-op and keep applying it until the next G update or at least three or four weeks. This MAY pull your site out depending on the links you have in place now vs the links you aquire.

In the end, this will allow you THE OPPORTUNITY to rank well for your target phrase in Google and eventually MSN and Yahoo. The stonger your inbound link source, the fewer links you will need to rank for your target term as with any typical old hat google optimization process.

I have no doubt this will affect your rankings in MSN and Yahoo. I've seen it first hand. However, by applying a "rotating" principle, in other works, your main KW targeted for ranking one for 4 days, and diverse links on for 3 days MAY address this. I personally have not tried this to know the exact effect in Google. I did do a percentage bump for main KW's (5 of 17) in an effort to break the top ten in one experiment site that drove the rankings of all KW's down from 1 position to 700. It is just something I have thought about to protect high rankings in MSN and Yahoo still dependent on the co-op weight while avoiding a total wipe in Google.

Take the advise for the amount you paid for it, but I have run tests that support it and those not ranking today will benefit from it and see the results.

Cheers

gchaney, Mar 6, 2005 IP
    Josh likes this.
  9. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    Damn that is a long post...and yet rather devoid of usefull content or insight.

YMOst of the stuff you state most webmasters already know.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Come on TooSlowBro, you could not even understand what he wrote let alone know it already :p :eek: :p

Don't be a critic of others efforts unless you are looking for that in return :)

anthonycea, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  11. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    well ... if this is true and i've heard this argument before, it would be nice to remove the # of ads limit we have it coop ... if practical.

i for one use my weight on several projects, i don't redirect it all into 1 site.

skattabrain, Mar 7, 2005 IP
    Weirfire likes this.
  12. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:

Whatever. I have learned a looooooong time ago those devoid of useful contributions are the ones only concerned with keeping secrets that benefit themselves.

Most who do SEO professionally are the biggest providers of mis-information and the worst when it comes to giving useful and helpful information that really makes an impact when applied by the average site owner just working on building their own little empire.

I have taken time to not just say you should, but given the most important thing a webmaster attempting to rank should do.

Fortunately for the average webmaster, I'm one of those private individuals building and ranking sites for just ME. I don't have to worry about the "professional" SEO's.

The reality is, this process works for Google and if you are the "average" site owner, I recommend you ignore people like the above and apply what I suggested.

Cheers

gchaney, Mar 7, 2005 IP
    Weirfire likes this.
  13. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    But most webmasters already know about back linking, and using mutiple keywords for topics. Its nothing new here.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  14. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey PATS,

Don't assume, never assume. You would be surprised what webmasters know and don't know. This forum is about sharing insite, ideas and thoughts. What you posted, I find a lot less informative then what gc posted...

NewComputer, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  15. Estrange

Estrange Peon

Best Answers:
    new computer, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your first post.
    As far as I understand,
    Google (as we all know) ranking priorities depending of your site's content richness, title, inbound linking and inbound link anchor relevancy.
    Msn's are; content, url, title.
    Yahoo's url, title, keywords.
    If you optimize your site properly, you would get good rankings at all SEs.
    I ahve to admit that G has sandbox filtering which makes your site to rank difficult for competitive keywords for a period of time.
    After your site release from filtering, there is no reason to rank high for your competitive keywords at each SEs.
    One of my site, (well actually the company I work for) for main keyword phrase it ranks #1 at each SEs (over 1 million SERPs).
    For second keyword phrase, #2 at G, #3 at Msn, #4 at Yahoo over (3 million).
    Well I can't see any relationship between these results or theory that you've told to us.
    This is a conspiracy theory! and you should shame yourself!!! :D

Estrange, Mar 7, 2005 IP
  16. getsum80

getsum80 Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN 13, yahoo 1. google 2 for our site

getsum80, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  17. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    I hope the majority of people know that this post was in jest... I don't really believe all the stuff that I spew :)

NewComputer, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  18. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    Yea that way you have an excuse to post BS..lol after a while those privaleges wear off...

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  19. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Another productive post by you...

NewComputer, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  20. shanee86

shanee86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone got some good tips on how to rank high in the search engine please help!!!!? I have a pitifull rank!!!!

shanee86, Mar 8, 2005 IP