1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

where to set price for click on my ad

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by search$, May 14, 2009.

I have singed up for basic adwords account...

I want to sent price for click on my ad,

Question: where do you set the price tag for click on my ad.???

urgent help is needed , thank you in advance.

search$, May 14, 2009 IP
  2. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    It's virtually impossible to give a detailed answer to this one. You need to start by working out the value of a click to you. To do this, estimate the value of a conversion (whatever it is that you want somebody to do on your site), and multiply it by your likely conversion rate (the percentage of visitors that you expect to convert).

Clearly, if you've not got a PPC campaign running, these initial estimates could be a mile off, so you'll have to review your estimates after a few days.

Once you know the value of a click, you have an upper limit for your bid - clearly, bidding more than this will lose you money. I would suggest starting with about 2/3 of your estimate, to give you a good chance of making a profit straight off.

Needless to say, it's not quite this simple. You may end up with quite a low position initially, as you have no account history on which Google can calculate an Account Quality Score (their measure of the 'quality' of your account). If you build a good account, then over the first few weeks, the position that a bid gets you will improve - but if you are so far down the search results that nobody sees your advert, Google can't tell whether your account's any good or not.

So as a second rule, you probably don't want to appear any lower than about 6th or 7th initially, to give your account the opportunity to build quality.

As for what you have to bid to achieve this, the best way is simply to put in a bid, and see where your advert appears after about 10 minutes (use Adpreview).

CustardMite, May 15, 2009 IP
  3. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he's actually just asking where he sets the cpc for his ads, rather than how much he should set. Correct?

Search$ - I don't use the basic interface and Google has just changed the UI, so any advice apart from the following that I could give may be out of date - just look at the Google help files.

JHardy_WV, May 15, 2009 IP
  4. shrkscn

shrkscn Peon

Best Answers:
    Just change the UI to previous one ..

When you create a campaign you will get the option to set the max CPC for the adgroup... or you can set the max CPC at keyword level by going to keywords tab... or click on the adgroups & you will get the edit option in the summary tab

shrkscn, May 22, 2009 IP
  5. veracious

veracious Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes you should get it when creating the adgroup. You can also seek help directly from google by seeing their videos on how to setup your first campaign.

veracious, May 23, 2009 IP
  6. bonjovi87

bonjovi87 Guest

Best Answers:
    bid price.

bonjovi87, May 25, 2009 IP
  7. nicesurf

nicesurf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adwords will waste you money if your site doest not related to your keywors ..

nicesurf, May 25, 2009 IP