1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[BEWARE SCAMMER!] - janepick254

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by blackrosezy, May 15, 2009.

His real name is Surabh.I just bought from him a website.He said that I can earns (adsense) around $1 per/day using real traffic from search engine and backlink.So I transfer him $220 through paypal and after setup the website, until today I not earns even a penny! The traffic is so low (below than 50) and all the traffic mostly from digitalpoint forum.

I know this is my mistake because doing little research before buying.So that is why I open this thread to warn all DP members.Next time when you buying website, ask questions as many as you can.Doing research on that domain over and over again until you satistify.

And for Surabh(janepick254), I hope you will be fail in your IM business! If I found you in New Delhi, I will punch your face!

blackrosezy, May 15, 2009 IP
  2. NEMS

NEMS Active Member

Best Answers:
    I feel sorry for you :(, but wish you good luck for the rest of your biz.
    cheers

NEMS, May 15, 2009 IP
  3. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What website is it, can I see it? If it's not so bad there might be a way to rescue it.

Astroman, May 15, 2009 IP
    mickael4973 likes this.
  4. mickael4973

mickael4973 Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is a cool initiative, will add a reputation point for that :D

mickael4973, May 15, 2009 IP
  5. 0500559543

0500559543 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what website it is? im just curious ..

0500559543, May 15, 2009 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to heard about this. Just leave him a negative itrade so that other people will notice about this
    Wondering why you never as for the traffic proof.

lifeplayer, May 15, 2009 IP
  7. blackrosezy

blackrosezy Banned

Best Answers:
    http://adultsiblingrivalry.com/ , PR 2 website, but traffic very very low. I cannot sleep last night thinking about my money.But I know, life must go on.So, I'm in the process of forgetting it.

8. mediacardpro

mediacardpro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that, now learn from it. I have checked out many sellers selling PR 4,5 and 6 domains to only find them to be less PR than stated. I usually just PM the seller and point it out and they usually apologize and correct the sells thread. Maybe it was a honest mistake or maybe they wanted to get more money from someone who didn't check, who knows but you should always check anyway.
    Sites with good traffic should always be checked out since that's usually why the price is going to be higher. You want to make sure the traffic is coming from a good source and not going to die out on you once you purchase the site or at least understand what it will take to keep the traffic up. If the seller can't provide good proof then you may be better off walking away. Just use common sense guys :)

mediacardpro, May 15, 2009 IP
  9. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really feel sorry for what happened to you. Perhaps instead of trying to get over things, look on the bright side. Instead of fretting...ponder on these few points and give it a thought.

1) When I checked using copyscape, the contents are unique and that gives you an advantage to rank better. Put on some effort and add something new. Hopefully this will help the site rank better.
    2) Checking on keyword tools show that the phrase "siblings rivalry" is not a bad keyword after all. Decent cpc including search volume. Something to consider as well.
    3) Even if you fail making money using adsense, there are other source of revenue. As long as you further build on the traffic, there's a chance people might even subscribe to banners placed on your site.

It may be a tough lesson to learn but continue to be sad will make things even worse and worrying will not help as well. I hope my words here will somehow help to lift up your mood.

lycos, May 15, 2009 IP
  10. blackrosezy

blackrosezy Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks lycos :)

11. michael scofield

michael scofield Guest

Best Answers:
    sorry to hear another scam story. Hope u dont take bitter attitude to site trades from now on, but still this bitter experience will make you a thoughtful and not-easily-scammable fella. and you should have clearly asked for his awstats/webalizer details so u could have spotted where the traffic was coming from. But then agin, its easily photoshoppable.

michael scofield, May 15, 2009 IP
  12. Astroman

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I just checked all the same things as lycos, and I agree. It's not a dead loss so don't feel too bad about it. Get a few links to it and it might do all right. Also I hope you've got your own Amazon codes on those books, I quite like that you have a book on there that matches the domain name title - I think it gives it a bit more kick.

Still, I can see why you'd be upset if you're trying to buy sites already making money so you don't have to mess around with all the link stuff etc, because it's already done for you. I mean that's what you paid for, right? Looking at it though I myself would probably have given it a shot, I can see potential in it whether the seller was telling the truth about the stats or not - so might have bought it anyway regardless. :)

Astroman, May 15, 2009 IP
  13. toxic321

toxic321 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sad dude srry for your 220$

toxic321, May 15, 2009 IP
  14. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how much you made in last 3 days from adsense ? i think its avg of $1 per day. but 50 visitor is low. make it 500 unique per day & good placements of ads.

me4you, May 15, 2009 IP
  15. blackrosezy

blackrosezy Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm not earns anything from adsense.$0 .

16. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    are you sure its still $0.00?

can you check your PUB number again, may be wrong adsense code you put or worng channel.

bcoz i made few clicks on your ads :D:D

please check them and let us know :)

thanks.

me4you, May 16, 2009 IP
  17. blackrosezy

blackrosezy Banned

Best Answers:
    yes, got 17 clicks .Thanks.

blackrosezy, May 16, 2009 IP
  18. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have checked the site and it's not a total loss. You might want to consider selling it again, at least you will get some of your money back.

cool_78, May 16, 2009 IP
  19. boxieblue

boxieblue Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm...i don't think punching anyone is gonna set it right. that guy taught you an important lesson- never trust anyone on the internet blindly.
    do more research before buying another domain name. and if he was selling you simply a domain name (since you say you set up the website yourself) i don't know how he could claim any sort of income thru adsense....adsense income depends more on the content then the domain name.

boxieblue, May 16, 2009 IP
  20. Astroman

Best Answers:
    He didn't say anything about only buying the domain, where on earth did you get that idea?

I don't think you need to sell it, it's not that bad really. If you really do feel sick about it and don't want to keep it I will buy it for $130 if you like?

Astroman, May 16, 2009 IP