1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WTB SEO consulting

Discussion in 'Services' started by jeff16, May 14, 2009.

I have been on this site for about 6 months now, I hired someone to do SEO for me, and I feel it has been somewhat helpful, but basically his whole product was built around getting as many backlinks as possible.

However, I do some searches and I find that I am still getting beaten by competitors who have a fraction of the backlinks I do. I am setting myself up for a web redesign right now, and plan on putting some promotional budget into 1) redesigning my website 2) getting original quality content onto the website 3) getting my website to the top of the search engines.

There is not a lot of knowledgeable competitors out there, and basically, I want to be number 1 in my category for any kind of search term. I feel this is a longer term project that will take 6-12 months to really turn around, but I need a good, reasonably priced consultant who produces results and is not just doing a "monkey on a typewriter" type of service, but has excellent knowledge of how to take a website to the top. The service I would need would entail:

-Helping me plan the website layout/structure of the new website. I do not anticipate this taking a lot of time, but would involve collaboration with me.

-Helping me generate as many different keywords as possible for the industry I am in, and for my geographical area, which is an important consideration. I do not anticipate this taking someone more than 1-2 hours.

-Working with me and a SEO content writer to generate quality SEO content, preferably customized to each area of my geographic area. If you know someone who does good work at a reasonable price, that is a plus. This would be not a high workload activity, but in an ideal world would be maybe 1 hour a week, maybe less. I do not have a clear structure for this as it is new to me so it is open to discussion.

-Doing or arranging off-site activities to help me improve my ranking.

Since I am planning on starting from the ground and building up, it is a chance to start anew, and should not be too complex. I also want it clear that any working relationship is confidential, that I do not want someone going to a competitor and soliciting them for the same thing. I want no one to know how I am getting results.

However, if you wish to do something outside of my market similar for others in different industries, then you can reasonably count on my support to be a reference that a prospective client can call.

I do not know exactly the structure of the compensation for this, whether you log billing time, or you work for me on some retainer basis, or pay by job, you can present to me your pricing and billing structure.

I do need someone who will speak/write reasonably good english. I do not want to have a lot of difficulties in communicating with a consultant. However, you do not have to be in North America, I am up quite late many times in North America and can often catch people in Asia in their morning/mid-day.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them or PM me. I look forward to meeting someone excellent for a mutually beneficial working relationship. :)

PS. If we have a good working relationship that has good results for me, I do have colleagues who I would also refer for similar arrangements fields that collaborate with me. I would encourage them to do so, and I strongly feel they would.

jeff16, May 14, 2009 IP
  2. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    jg123, May 14, 2009 IP
  3. coolamazer

coolamazer Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @jg123 - I hate to tell this but please do not hijack threads. If you are going to do this, it is only going to ruin your reputation

coolamazer, May 14, 2009 IP
  4. jeff16

jeff16 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you to everyone who has messaged me so far. Its only been a few hours and I have had 12 messages. I have had various responses from those asking for more information like industry and some keywords I want, and most of the messages were not all that related to my post. I am seeking a request for proposal basically.

I do not just want someone to tell me they do link building only, I have been there already and the one who did it did a decent job. If there is no one here that can do it all well for a decent price, then I will consider breaking up the tasks.

I do not believe I will need any graphic design or web coding. I have someone I intend on hiring for that task.

I will be away for a couple days, as it is a long weekend here. When I return, I will respond with more information for those who I will be considering for the work.

If you have references or other projects with search terms, then feel free to include them in your work. However, if it does not appear up to date to where their current positions in google are, and the position is not very high, or the site is lower on the search term than you are claiming, it does not help your credibility. Also, my intention is to be at the top of google, I do not want to be on page 2 or worse.

I know its not a magic formula, and I will keep that in mind as well, but I think if I am number 1, and I have a good site, then they will not go to number 2. Right now, I am number 4 in some searches.

jeff16, May 15, 2009 IP
    jg123 likes this.
  5. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    eBusinessCorporate I really hate to tell you this but this is a services thread where he is in fact asking for a service and I am offering one. Also, please don't worry about my reputation, I think it is pretty good and I don't have to beg for it like you do in your signature.

jg123, May 15, 2009 IP
  6. ravenx25

ravenx25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have to many clients for this week so i can not help you
    however here is a little advice - backlinks are not the only thing google will looks at.
    make sure you have constant content being placed on your website. make sure when putting in your contnent
    you are using your keywords correctly, meta tags and description should also include your keywords.

dont hire anyone who tells you they can bring your search results up quickly, it takes several Weeks/months for you to move up in the rankings.

also make sure to submit your site map (assuming you have one) to google.

if you still have not found the right person to help you by monday send me a pm and we can work something out. i have several high volume keywords on 1-2-3-4 page of google.

ravenx25, May 15, 2009 IP
  7. Dreads

Dreads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Getting loads of backlinks is really a fundamental step, getting results will not be instant, but you need backlinks. Web Design? googlebots do not store images, nor can tell if you have terrible images. But some things to count for are your inlinks (when you link to other pages that are within your domain) and the anchor text for those inlinks.

Another thing, content, that all matters on what the site is. Overall you just need works that are equivalent to a certain degree to your anchor text, which is on all your backlinks.

Dreads, May 15, 2009 IP
  8. jeff16

jeff16 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Dreads, the design of the site would just help me to expand the content in a user friendly way and give a better impression of myself and service which I hope will improve conversions.

I am back in town now, and will now attempt to address the huge pile of messages I received.

jeff16, May 19, 2009 IP