1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Building Through Twitter

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 99seo, May 14, 2009.

You want to build links to your website, right? Well, you have to promote it then and Twitter is a great way to promote your website. A GREAT way. Here’s one method you can use to get Twitter’s help in building inbound links to your website.

1. 1Build up a massive Twitter following. There are several online tools available to help you find people with interests like yours. Whichever ones you decide to use, keep in mind that the more followers you have the more likely you are to get people retweeting your blog posts and linking to you from their blogs.
    2. 2Tweet your blog posts. Kind of a no-brainer, right? How are you going to build links to a site if no one knows about it? Use a Tweet/Retweet plugin for WordPress if you have a WP blog. Also, use Twitter Tools or another similar plugin so that your blog posts are automatically Twittered when they post. Bottom line, get your blog posts on Twitter where your massive follower list will see it.
    3. 3Build relationships with your followers. Tweet their blogs posts and retweet their messages. They will reciprocate. Also, send @replies and get people to talking. Once they realize you are a real human being and you have a personality, they will read your blog posts, tweet them, and link to you from their blogs.
    4. 4Use Tweetlater to retweet awesome blog posts a couple of weeks out. Just when the online passion has died down you can resurrect again with a carefully placed tweet when your followers least expect it.
    5. 5 Bookmark it. Twittley is a social bookmarking service that automatically sends a tweet when you bookmark a page. Also, whenever someone else votes for your submissions, Twittley will send out a retweet. And since it is a fairly new service, you can virtually get in on the ground floor and building your reputation before the competition does.
    6. 6Build content worth linking to. Really, this one should be the first item on the list. You can do all of the other stuff here and never get a link back if your content isn’t link worthy. The No. 1 way to ensure you get a link is to make your content worthy of links.

Twitter is a great tool for promotion. It won’t provide the links for you, but you can use Twitter to promote your great content and your followers will link to the really good stuff.

99seo, May 14, 2009 IP
    pavan6993 likes this.
  2. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting ideas. Nothings beats a genuine, relevant, quality inbound link though?

thefandango, May 14, 2009 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    twitter is an excellent source for targeted traffic, if used correctly

Brandon Sheley, May 14, 2009 IP
    pavan6993 and lycos like this.
  4. BlogSEOExpert

BlogSEOExpert Peon

Best Answers:
    Great ideas!

But make sure you tweet other peoples' posts also, not just yours. Otherwise, people would lose interest in your tweets.

BlogSEOExpert, May 14, 2009 IP
  5. themedseoservices

themedseoservices Guest

Best Answers:
    themedseoservices, May 14, 2009 IP
  6. 99seo

99seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes It is true We must Always Tweet other peoples Post in Twitter
    Otherwise there woldnt be much Benefit

99seo, May 14, 2009 IP
  7. silvertone1000

silvertone1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is correctly a brilliant tool to create buzz about and promote your website - however in regards to link building the tool has no actual value by itself since all links are nofollowed...

silvertone1000, May 14, 2009 IP
  8. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some people should rethink calling themselves SEO anything.

Twitter is nofollow so the links pass no PageRank.......

:rolleyes:

I would hate to see what client would hire the OP....

Sem-Advance, May 14, 2009 IP
  9. SupraFast

SupraFast Peon

Best Answers:
    You missed the entire concept of this thread lol. I would hate to see what client would hire you because you clearly do not comprehend very well :rolleyes:

The thread was about people linking their website/blog to you! It was about generating targeted traffic through your follow list. It had nothing to do with SEO due to backlinks from twitter (as in pr).

He said post other people's links so that they can gain exposure as well. If they see you taking a genuine interest in their stuff, they will most likely do the same for you; in result, you will get more exposure yourself and possibly a backlink from them on their website/blog.

SupraFast, May 14, 2009 IP
  10. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fair enough but dont worry about what clients would hire me.....those that do sit at # 1 for their keywords .....year after year...;) the longest for over 4 years straight close to 5 in September...:D

Sem-Advance, May 14, 2009 IP
  11. digiblogger17

digiblogger17 Peon

Best Answers:
    it can help in link building but it can't be the easies and fastes way

digiblogger17, May 14, 2009 IP
  12. SupraFast

SupraFast Peon

Best Answers:
    Not looking to make enemies with you, but you came off with this very nasty attitude to the author. I don't know if you two have a prior history or anything but I found it rude. All he was trying to do is give give good advice for people trying to build targeted traffic.

SupraFast, May 14, 2009 IP
  13. garyl2k

garyl2k Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have not really used twitter to promote my blog yet but I'm gonna try and use your ideas to start, thanks for a good post!

garyl2k, May 14, 2009 IP
  14. supersi

supersi Peon

Best Answers:
    What programs do you use to find others that have similar interest and to build your list of followers?

supersi, May 14, 2009 IP
  15. lenivie

lenivie Guest

Best Answers:
    Most of the people are using Twitter nowadays!.. I think that's a great idea to promote your site!

lenivie, May 14, 2009 IP
  16. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you do number six then the rest are usually not necessary. The only problem though is you have to be a true expert on the niche of your blog if you are and people begin to stumble upon it you will notice an increase of incoming links.

kbeus21, May 14, 2009 IP
  17. Caden Grant

Caden Grant Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love using Twitter.

It's currently my number one traffic source. I do all of those and they do help.

Caden Grant, May 14, 2009 IP
  18. jingwen

jingwen Peon

Best Answers:
    I think twitter is a good site for us to promotion our site.

jingwen, May 14, 2009 IP
  19. frederrick

frederrick Active Member

Best Answers:

Good point there SupraFast. Fully agreed. But garnering web traffic is actually also a part of SEO work.

Regards

frederrick, May 14, 2009 IP
  20. ericajoieake

ericajoieake Guest

Best Answers:
    a friend of mine already told me about link building using twitter, but this one is more detailed. thanks

ericajoieake, May 14, 2009 IP