1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forums or Blogs

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by scottlpool2003, May 11, 2009.

To be honest in the past I've always used link directories. But with link directories no longer being a very suitable way of developing backlinks I've used forums. I've never really used blogs though. Is this better than links on forums?

E.g. I have a healthcare website, and theory says that there will be more healthcare blogs than forums so I guess it's probably better to get relevent backlinks but what are your oppinions?

scottlpool2003, May 11, 2009 IP
  2. printmatt

printmatt Guest

Best Answers:
    Blogs are a great way to get backlinks. You should consider the following things though:

1. Page Rank - You should consider looking for blog posts with high page rank. Page rank from the index page is different from page rank on the blog post page.

2. Dofollow - Look for blogs that are dofollow, there is no sense in linking with nofollow blogs. You can use a browser add-on called NoDofollow. What it does is it will highlight the links in red if its nofollow, blue/purple if its dofollow.

3. Anchoring text - Be careful with blogs that does not allow you to post keywords on the name field. It is best to look for blogs that uses Keyword Luv plugin.

printmatt, May 11, 2009 IP
  3. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I always aim to go for page rank. Nofollow is pointless anyway because there will be no or very little traffic coming from the blog and anchor text is probably the most important factor. The only thing is though, I've just done about 4 blogs since making the first post and it takes so much longer than signing up to a forum and making a post with a link in your sig.

How many blog backlinks do you think you get a day?

scottlpool2003, May 11, 2009 IP
  4. supersi

supersi Peon

Best Answers:
    @scottlpool2003
    I have found that I can get about 6 quality comments in about one hour. This allows me to gain 6 links per day, which is plenty for my niche sites when I am commenting on High PR sites (PR5 and higher).

supersi, May 11, 2009 IP
  5. CarTalking

CarTalking Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't matter which you use as long as the search engines can find your url, and its dofollow

CarTalking, May 11, 2009 IP
  6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    That is completely wrong. Being "do follow" or "no follow" has nothing to do with if that link will bring you traffic.
    Anchor text is important, but, most bloggers and site owners are always on the look out for people doing "drive by" commenting just to build back links, and using anchor text instead of real or screen name is a dead giveaway that you are only fishing for a back link.

Just worry about leaving a quality comment that contributes and getting it approved. If you only leave comments on blogs that let you use anchor text, it will be a short list.

hmansfield, May 11, 2009 IP
    lifeplayer likes this.
  7. KuduKudu

KuduKudu Banned

Best Answers:
    Get both forums and blogs.

KuduKudu, May 11, 2009 IP
  8. scottlpool2003

Best Answers:
    My statement wasn't that they do or don't bring you traffic, what I meant was if you post links on nofollow forums/blogs, the only thing you will get is traffic as PR juice will not be passed on. Thanks for your tips though, the blogs I posted on I set my screen name as my anchor text. Whoops.

scottlpool2003, May 12, 2009 IP
  9. Francozac

Francozac Peon

Best Answers:
    my Point of view is get both forums and blogs,in long run they both help and give you links.my experience is that 10 links per day because of the blogs.
    i also get quality comments from my blog which in return gives me links for my niche.
    Thanks!

Francozac, May 12, 2009 IP
  10. advansys

advansys Guest

Best Answers:
    forums and blogs both are helpful to increase the backlinks.

advansys, May 12, 2009 IP
  11. shameem2008

shameem2008 Banned

Best Answers:
    I vote for forum signatures as blog comments are sometime deleted no matter how good is your comment.

shameem2008, May 14, 2009 IP
  12. wild4zach

wild4zach Peon

Best Answers:
    thank for the sharing man... i always thought the only way to get backlick by blog commenting...
    now i knew both forum & blog are really important...

wild4zach, May 14, 2009 IP
  13. lordofthering2008

lordofthering2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Forums bring more referral traffic than blogs. But blogs can give higher PR links than forums.

lordofthering2008, May 14, 2009 IP
  14. Francozac

Francozac Peon

Best Answers:
    forums send traffis to the blog or what ever your site,it also sells the product too.
    *Blogging technology is getting easier to use and understand for average people.
    *The opportunity for going big and making really great money is now limited only by
    ideas and motivation.
    * There are enough well paid bloggers now to take blogging out of the “specialty”
    *category and move it safely into the “mainstream” category. I.E – Very little risk
    *involved and lots of proof on the web that average people can and have succeeded
    with blogging.
    * The time is ripe for getting into blogging. We're at the major growth stage where
    technology makes it possible for anyone to do this.
    *The opportunities for you are greatest now, before blogging actually becomes the
    default publishing platform of the web!
    * The word “blog” is fast replacing the word “website” to describe sites

Francozac, May 15, 2009 IP
  15. scottlpool2003

Best Answers:
    Thanks Francozac.

I've been experimenting with both forum and blog signatures and for me, forums is far easier as less gets deleted/removed. I managed about 250 backlinks on forums but only about 60 on blogs. I tried forums one day and blogs the next.

I don't believe that blogs will take over websites personally because blogs are to blog, update information and speak to users whereas websites are designed to sell your products to the visitor. I'm not saying blogs are wrong or can't do the same as websites I'm merely suggesting that websites and blogs are far different than a lot of people think. That's my view anyway, I'm sticking to forums for the time being. :)

scottlpool2003, May 15, 2009 IP
  16. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to build links is to build up a reputation via traffic flow and allow this to create organic backlinks. Find related forums and blogs to get some traffic, and then you may get some high quality links organically from other webmasters. Signature links by themselves don't pass very much link value.

Gallito, May 15, 2009 IP