1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web Hosting SCAMS on DP

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by fahadhassen, May 13, 2009.

1. ~Monty~

~Monty~ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, I agree with you. Today new companies don't sustain the cost and expenditure of running a web hosting business. A professional web hosting business cannot be started with $25 in paypal enough to buy a reseller and the dream to run a successful company . You need to make sure that you have enough money to sustain the cost of the server/reseller for a year minimum to grow and recover your expenses. Apart from money, analysis and planning need to be done to make your web hosting company sustainable if not profitable.

I hope my short note helps someone who is planning to start a web hosting company in the near future.

Kind Regards,
    Monty
    Limespace Networks :D

~Monty~, May 14, 2009 IP
    pushkar008 likes this.
  2. real_skinner

real_skinner Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is the reason why I don't buy hosting here right away, first I offer my signature spot as a trade and If I am happy with the hosting then maybe that's the TIME I am welling to PAY for it.

real_skinner, May 14, 2009 IP
  3. svrhost

svrhost Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeh...Main things that come out to be really bad are those 10$ /year unlimited hosting accounts, which people take as a really GREAT offer..and then regret it once their hosting acc stops working etc..
    thats why you should always go for quality and not for the price..

svrhost, May 14, 2009 IP
  4. C'lown

C'lown Banned

Best Answers:
    I love how you are so wrong about Small webhosting companies... Most of your comments are just plain poor and not clearly says that you haven't thought to much trough what your saying.

It sounds like your talking about one individual company, but your trying to make it sound like every single small company out there... We are 4 people that run Vixile, and 2 people that run the network Falecto... We have no issues what so ever having at least one person online at any given time...

Me myself, is online 16 hours a day, so in reality i would only need one person to cover the last 8 hours right?

;)

C'lown, May 14, 2009 IP
  5. fahadhassen

fahadhassen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I appreciate it if you provide good service, and my hammer doesn't come on your way since you are not a one man show.

But still, some points I made stand still on small hosting companies. I would always pay a few more bucks for GoDaddy or HostGator for the peace of mind, so we can concentrate on the business instead of crappy downtimes etc..

Thanks for the inputs anyway..

fahadhassen, May 14, 2009 IP
  6. adi10289

adi10289 Active Member

Best Answers:
    well most of them r scammers and m also new :(
    thats y u can try our services for 2 days and then pay invoice if u like it

adi10289, May 14, 2009 IP
  7. niceboy

niceboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just don't go for a 1 or 2 month old host who promises too good to be true hosting plans.

niceboy, May 15, 2009 IP