1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remove a variable from QUERY_STRING?

Discussion in 'C#' started by digitalunix, May 12, 2009.

Anyone can help with a problem? I have a page named e.g: search.asp?id=firms&location=Texas&dated=today. And i write "Location: Texas" from the "Location: <%=Request("location")%>" and put a button next to it named, "Unfilter" and this button or so to say an a href link is to remove the "location" variable from the Query_String. Or the same thing should work for "dated" variable as well. This is something like filtering the criteria of the searches. I hope i explained it clearly...

Can anyone help me to remove just a specific variable from a Query_String and leave the rest of the query as it is?

digitalunix, May 12, 2009 IP
  2. camjohnson95

camjohnson95 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So if they click unfilter it should resend the querystring with the omission of whatever they have 'unfiltered' ???

camjohnson95, May 12, 2009 IP
  3. digitalunix

digitalunix Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. This is what i need.

digitalunix, May 13, 2009 IP
  4. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    <%
    Response.Redirect "search.asp?id=firms&dated=today"
    %>

Corwin, May 13, 2009 IP
  5. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oops. Sorry, that won't do what you want. To show the new URL in the address bar with Response.Redirect, you need to redirect to the FULL path:

<%
    Response.Redirect "http://www.yourdomain.com/search.asp?id=firms&dated=today"
    %>

Corwin, May 14, 2009 IP