1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How fast should I build backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by thuankkk, May 12, 2009.

Hi,

When I found my site listed in page 1, I tried to work harder to get more links forums posting, and after one week, my site disappeared :(

So, just wanna ask you this question:
    How fast should I build backlinks for my site?

thuankkk, May 12, 2009 IP
  2. zeruel

zeruel Peon

Best Answers:
    There should be no definite time on how fast or slow to build backlinks. As long as you get quality, and useful links coming in to your site, then that's better. As for the timeline on how you manage to get links, there is no time limit or required time to do that. :)

zeruel, May 12, 2009 IP
    thuankkk likes this.
  3. Jay_V

Jay_V Member

Best Answers:
    I read a good article about this yeasterday. Its all depends on where the backlinks are coming from and weather its related to your niche.

Jay_V, May 12, 2009 IP
  4. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Another thing that likely matters is how much trust your website has built up with Google. A brand new website with no established trust will probably get penalized much easier. A trusted website on the other hand can probably get away with a lot more.

thuankkk by any chance did you use the exact same link anchor text for all or most of your backlinks. If you don't vary your link anchor text it looks very spammy and unnatural. It is common to get penalized if you focus too much on one specific phrase.

vansterdam, May 12, 2009 IP
    thuankkk likes this.
  5. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not "how fast" but "how steady". In other words, do not go from 1 link a day, to 10,000 links in 24 hours, then back to one link a day. Link building should be at a steady rate that is predictable. The 10,000 links would be from you running a spam bot - and there is a good chance that google knows this.

All sites might get spikes in links, but the spike will go up and then gradually taper off. Lets say that a link to your site is posted on CNN. Then bloggers pick up that link and start posting it on their blogs. The spike will go up, level and then go down.

Build your links at a steady rate.

~kev~, May 12, 2009 IP
    thuankkk likes this.
  6. seoservice1

seoservice1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wait for 2-3 days it will come back agian

seoservice1, May 12, 2009 IP
  7. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I try and not build more than 50 links per day to one website however its not how many you should submit its over what period should you submit them.

If you built 1,000 backlinks a day for ever then Google would at first sandbox you then they would realise that this is consistent and that it is probably natural however if you build 1,000 one day then for a couple of months build none Google will kill your ass.

willyboy104, May 12, 2009 IP
  8. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog and Forum links have no real limit as long as they are manual. Any automated concept is concidered "SPAM" and will be punished.

One way or two way links should be 50 per MONTH if you want to stay under the radar. If any of these links are from a Link Farm, or negative source, then it become a question of what G will do. Usually they will just GrayBar the page making all links worthless. Or they will just de-index the page and the link will just vanish. A real bad link will get your site penalized by dropping you PR by a point. If it still stays there after the next BL update, then you will lose another point. This makes all of your linking worthless.

Now any use of a link scheme will just get your site GrayBarred.

This is why we say "just go slow - 50 links a month"

As for quality of the link: What value to your site is a PR0 link? Getting 10,000 PR0 links will still add up to ZERO!

A quality link is a link on a page that has a PR value. Not the sites' PR value, the page's PR value.

catanich, May 12, 2009 IP
  9. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry catanich, but I disagree with almost all of your advice. -rep. There is no need to stay under 50 links per month....that is a brutally slow pace. I don't think there is a maximum link building rate to stay under the radar. Google realizes that different types of websites attract backlinks on much different paces.

As for a bad link hurting your site if it stays up longer...that is completely false. If this were the case, seo would just be all about sabotaging competitors with bad links. A bad link won't drop your PR either...that is nonsense.

It is not true to say that 10,000 PR0 links won't help either. Those won't help your PR, but they help towards serps. This is even more true on search engines like Yahoo and MSN.

I personally believe that the homepage PR is more important than the linking page's PR. I'd take a PR0 link on a PR7 domain over a PR3 link on a junk site any day. The page's PR only matters if you want to build PR.

vansterdam, May 12, 2009 IP
  10. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should just make sure the links don't look so spammy. If during one crawl, the bots find so many links pointing to one site, they may suspect spam.

waxman1000, May 12, 2009 IP
  11. Pickle

Pickle Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for a set number of what is considered a natural rate of growth in links, there isn't one. For a laundry list of reasons, links to websites can grow at unpredictable rates. There are statistical methods, such as Benford's law, that can give an indication that a pattern of unnatural link building might exist. Link spikes do not matter, however, an automated steady build of links might.

See this post for more detail
    http://www.reapwhatyouseo.com/index.php/why-you-should-not-care-about-link-spikes/

Pickle, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  12. togu25

togu25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes...you're right! my site was down in position 8 to 40 because try to get many backlink in one day

togu25, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  13. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't think so ..
    if that is true, i just build 100 link for own site n build 200 for my competitor, would that help ?:D

SonnyCooL, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  14. KathyMillerL222

KathyMillerL222 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes the reason is, Google had noticed more links to your site within a short period of time. That made your site to disappear. As solution, Try to get regular backlinks for 2 or 3 keywords daily. That will help you to over come this issue.

KathyMillerL222, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  15. Mr. Gill

Mr. Gill Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have never read anything on Google blogs about speed with which you build backlinks. I don't think there is any penalty. Just avoid softwares and services. Do it manually as much as you can.

Mr. Gill, Sep 29, 2009 IP