1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hard time finding quality backlinks for Chemistry Site

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by mnymkr, May 1, 2009.

Hey, I love my website

I basically tutor kids chemistry for free

But I cannot find any site similar to mine to develop links with

what would be your first course of action for

http://www.mychemistrytutor.com/forums

mnymkr, May 1, 2009 IP
  2. altesino

altesino Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out the dofollow search engines list around this forum.

altesino, May 1, 2009 IP
  3. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can get lots of low quality links from directory submission, article submission etc. As altesino pointed out you can also find dofollow blogs and comment on them. Hire a link builder and they will surely be able to find links for you.

jitendraag, May 1, 2009 IP
  4. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have tried several and no one can seem to product results

mnymkr, May 2, 2009 IP
  5. altesino

altesino Peon

Best Answers:
    I find it hard to believe you can't.... but maybe you should just focus on just getting dofollow backlink links and less on ones related to chemistry.

I did a couple hours of work last night and this morning and got a couple dozen high PR front page backlinks.

altesino, May 2, 2009 IP
  6. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    stay away from any dofollow blogs etc..

Get in touch with local science teachers who might have blogs etc..
    Submit to niche sites that are science related.
    Write content that will attract links.
    Look for other science sites and offer content for links.
    Search on twitter for your keywords and see whos tweeting about science.

jenny1985, May 3, 2009 IP
  7. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why do you say stay away from do follow blogs?

mnymkr, May 4, 2009 IP
  8. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jenny...are you nuts??? I totally agree with you about remaining "on-topic" - in other words, try to link from relevant sites. But to totally throw the DF blogs out, sorry - I just don't agree with you. Why else would Google allow its bot to "obey" the code - rel="[external] nofollow". There is a reason why Google recognizes that little clip of code.

mnymkr: From a personal experience - I leave links on only DF blogs/forums - and they are mostly irrelevant to my sites - and I have always made leaps in the SERP's. I would try to leave links from relevant sites - but let's face it...I would go to DF search engines, find DF blogs that were relevant, and find out they were either NF or very low PR in the end. Pretty frustrating. Still - I do agree with Jenny that you have to remain "on-topic" and don't stray from it until you exhausted "all resources".

If I were you, go to a DF Search Engine and try to find a chemistry site(s) to backlink from. If you can't find one, then find a DF blog/forum and start leaving links from there. Also, you might want to go through the Social Bookmarking route as well.

Good luck.

bigcat1967, May 4, 2009 IP
  9. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    because the links are of so little value its just not worth it for the longterm and just gives your site a really spammy image.
    Google is and will more and more devalue the links from comments as they know they get spammed.

In 2 years they will be totally devalued and will have been a waste of time.

jenny1985, May 4, 2009 IP
  10. fisher34

fisher34 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've received some really good rankings from commenting on dofollow blogs. They're ideal links in that you can specify the anchor text and obtain deep links which can otherwise be difficult to obtain.

I'm sure in a year or two the links the be devalued but why not make the most of them in the meantime? Once you obtain high rankings there tends to be a self-reinforcing effect anyway so I'd say you should take advantage of dofollow blogs now and when they're completely devalued just drop the strategy.

fisher34, May 4, 2009 IP
  11. supersi

supersi Peon

Best Answers:
    You could create articles on web 2.0 properties such as tumblr, wetpaint, googlepages, blogspot, etc., and then point other links to them and basically create your own network of sites. This would be a very slow process, but if you really can't find any places to get links, then create them yourself.

Also, if your site really is helping people, you could always put something on your site that reads something like
    "If you have found this free information helpful please include a link to this site...." something like that. If your site really is good, then people will tell their friends, and you will get more and more links over time.

@Fisher34
    I tend to agree with you.

If leaving comments on blogs is working why wouldn't you utilize it? What is 'spammy' about a comment? That like saying that forums are 'spammy' (do you think this forum is 'spammy' too because people have links in the signatures?). There is nothing spammy about a real comment that joins in the conversation of the thread, even if it does contain a link.

Speculating on what Google will do in the future is poor logic - especially with no proof. Who knows what they will do in the future and/or when they will do it? Using this concept, one could speculate that Google will do all kinds of crazy things. If we make our decisions based on speculation, it will never get us anywhere.

supersi, May 11, 2009 IP
  12. KuduKudu

KuduKudu Banned

Best Answers:
    Try forum link building.

KuduKudu, May 11, 2009 IP
  13. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you cannot find right sites to add your links on, then why not just setup few of the related sites yourself? there are lots of social media and web 2.0 sites where you can setup mini sites/pages/blogs related to your niche and get backlinks form there. article submission also can give you relevant backlinks if done right.

sultanofseo, May 12, 2009 IP
  14. donnareed

donnareed Peon

Best Answers:
    Listen to Jenny. Basically you should contact websites for which a link to your site will be helpful. Sites of schools teaching science for a start. Maybe sites that list science fair projects. Also forums and web 2.0 sites where high-school and college students hang out like, join them and create a good profile with compelling signature link. This will get you direct traffic as well as good on topic links.

donnareed, May 12, 2009 IP
  15. stevejeff

stevejeff Peon

Best Answers:
    Contact some online chemistry resource sharing websites & ask for reciprocal link.

stevejeff, May 12, 2009 IP
  16. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    If your looking for link exchanges sign up for www.linkmarket.com they are a link exchange directory and they had several hundred science websites. Now if your website is free and usefull which it seems to be make sure to submit it to dmoz and yahoo directory also submit it to social bookmarking. People love free stuff which includes information. Also type in chemistry into google and the first 500-1000 sites that look good to you and would compliment your site well write the webmaster explaining your situation and I am sure you will have plenty of good link exchange partners. Another thing you could do is look up into dmoz chemistry which I am sure there is plenty and ask all of those webmasters for link exchanges. Since your site teaches chem for free a press release may also do fairly well. If you would like to submit a free press release you could try http://www.prlog.org/ I have had pretty good experiance with these guys. Anyway I hope this helped:)

kbeus21, May 12, 2009 IP
  17. advansys

advansys Guest

Best Answers:
    you can get listed in major directories like dmoz,searchsight,somuch etc..

advansys, May 12, 2009 IP
  18. shameem2008

shameem2008 Banned

Best Answers:
    Did you try contacting you local college/school website

shameem2008, May 14, 2009 IP
  19. technomart

technomart Guest

Best Answers:
    you can get listed in major directories like dmoz,searchsight,somuch etc..

technomart, May 14, 2009 IP
  20. Luc

Luc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen sites with less than 50 backlinks scoring high in google serp. But those backlinks were from very relevant user groups, organizations, forums with 100% related topics, etc.

I'd really concentrate on finding such chemistry related sites.

Luc, May 14, 2009 IP