1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big mouth penalized by google??

Discussion in 'Google' started by Nixies, May 11, 2009.

Nixies, May 11, 2009 IP
  2. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt the penalty will stick...big companies have a way of getting out of problems with Google. Their site is still indexed and has indexed backlinks. With Google rankings you never know if things like this are temporary or not.

vansterdam, May 11, 2009 IP
  3. Peanut

Peanut Peon

Best Answers:
    Sites can still be indexed and have a penalty.

The definitely an issue with their homepage, all the site is indexed apart from the homepage. It is possible there is an issue with the CMS that has screwed things up.

Peanut, May 11, 2009 IP
  4. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps they were doing something Google didn't like? It does seem a major fall from grace.

lightlysalted, May 11, 2009 IP
  5. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They have problem with Google because of sometime against the rule in the homepage, I think it is going to be resolve soon.

Lovely, May 11, 2009 IP
  6. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    xc06, May 11, 2009 IP
  7. mdamin76

mdamin76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not cached by google does not mean the site is penalized. It could be temporarily down just in time as google tried to crawl for it's cache file.

mdamin76, May 11, 2009 IP
  8. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Their homepage has been cached but I do agreed that they have been penalized in some sort. Their homepage do not ranked #1 when do search for its domain with and without extension. Plus their links has been de-listed by Google too. If you do search with info operator. (info:bigmouthmedia.com) you will found that www.g-maps.com has been come up instead of them, which is redirected to bigmouthmedia.com. I bet their is something correlation between the redirect and the penalization.

Sxperm, May 11, 2009 IP
  9. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    now a days, google very strict due to lot of spamming done by people, so we need to follow google guideline to save punishment.

lindamood1, May 11, 2009 IP
  10. max753

max753 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesnt care who it is they will get you if you dont do as they say just like they did to the bmw site

max753, May 11, 2009 IP
  11. hoffman19

hoffman19 Peon

Best Answers:
    7 Mistakes That Get Your Blog Penalized By Google

Does Google Sandbox exist? Does Google penalize webpages which are trying to manipulate search results?

The answer is “Yes, for sure!” and it matters you if you are interested to get blog traffic!

Google has became a very popular search engine by providing accurate and relevant content to its users. Many people are using it to search different information with it. This has also attracted many businessman trying to manipulate Google’s search results to get free visitors.

To safeguard their business, Google take many actions to penalize websites which are trying to manipulate the search results. Google will not rank the site for any keywords within 6 months (or less). I’ve got my websites and blogs penalized many times and I’ve learn how to avoid these mistakes.

These are few ways they used to identify websites which are trying to manipulate the search results:

1. New Domain Name’s Backlinks

Google don’t simply trust new domain names. Just use common sense and think for a while “Is it possible that hundreds of websites link to a brand new website that is one month old everyday?”

Not very possible right?

Google thinks the same too. If you have a domain name that is more than 1 year old, you can get 100 or more backlinks to it and Google will not penalized it. But if the same situation happened to a brand new domain name, Google thinks that there must be a Internet Marketer who plan to set up a new site and quickly dominate some keywords to get traffic.

2. Artificial Backlinks

You have definitely heard of anchor text links. These links are links that link to your blog with the keyword you want to rank for. If I want to rank for “blogging tips”, the links to my blog with look like this: blogging tips. If all the links have the keyword you want to rank for, what do you think that will happen?

If you have a good site that talks about blogging tips, do you think everyone will link to your site using the keyword “blogging tips”. Not very possible right?

People might link to your blog with words such as “here”, “click here”, “your name”, “your blog name”, “http://your-blog-url.com”, etc. Using anchor text links will definitely get your blog to rank for the keywords much more faster. But it looks artificial and there’s a high risk of being penalized.

3. Unnatural Growth Of Backlinks

If your blog have 1 or 2 backlinks and it suddenly increased to 50 backlinks per day, what will Google think.

If your website have good contents, more and more people will read your blog. The visitors to your blog will grow slowly at a constant rate and some visitors might recommend others to your blog by putting a link on their websites. The backlinks to your blog grow with this pattern and looks very natural.

But when a site which gets 1 or 2 backlinks per day is getting 50-100 backlinks within a day, there’s a big jump and it doesn’t look natural. Someone must have did something!

4. Keyword Stuffing

Keep your keyword density less than 7% (it means don’t repeat your keywords more than 7 times in every 100 words). That’s important because it is not very possible to have certain words repeated more than 21 times in a normal 300 word articles. If it exceeds 7%, Google might think that you are trying to manipulate search results by stuffing keywords.

5. The Balance Of Dofollow and Nofollow

Google count dofollow links to your blog is “backlinks”. But do you know Google also count nofollow links. Some people might use the term “flags” for nofollow links. Due to usage of nofollow links have increased, Google start to observe both nofollow and dofollow links to a website.

If all the links to your blog are dofollow, your blog might be suspected. Although dofollow backlinks will help your blog to rank for keywords faster, it is important to have a balance for nofollow and dofollow links to make it look natural.

6. Source Of Links

Where your blog’s backlinks come from? If your blog have hundreds of backlinks but all of them come from 3 websites, will it looks suspicious?

It does. Google might think that you are using some web 2.0 sites that allow you to insert backlinks freely to rank for keywords. These websites might be Squidoo, Blogger, Hubpages and Article Directories.

Even you are not using these sites to build links, try not to get more than 4 links from a site. Get backlinks from different places. You can get backlinks from 1000 different websites with my list of web directories.

7. Link Exchange

Google will not jail your blog for 6 months by exchanging links with other blogs or websites but it will give lower weight. Link exchange in simple english is “I link to you and you link to me”. To Google, it looks like I vote for your site and you vote for mine.

It is another way used by internet marketers to build lots of backlinks in the past. Stop using it and start with building more one-way links!

These are the simple rules you need to play along with Google if you want to get more search engine traffic. If you like this article, subscribe to Blog Traffic Geek’s free update to get new tips to increase blog traffic.

hoffman19, May 11, 2009 IP
  12. Spacefruit

Spacefruit Active Member

Best Answers:
    for a big SEO company they have some crappy backlinks...loads of poor directories. Strange.

Spacefruit, Jun 5, 2009 IP
  13. trueMarketing

trueMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    @hoffman19 - Your #5 and #6 items are spot on. I tell clients all the time that, if we are handling link building for them, that they'll need to allow us to spend time a resources to also get links from nofollowed locations and also allow us to get links from every possible type of site imaginable. I believe our internal link building wiki has around 16,000 places to build links now - nofollowed and followed, allowing content/hosted pages, social sites, forums, blogs, other wikis, etc etc.

Mixing is the only way to go.

trueMarketing, Jun 5, 2009 IP
  14. IceZig

IceZig Peon

Best Answers:
    How about if a big company such as Google or Microsoft launch a new website and the website get tons of backlinks from all over the world? Why it is not possible to get hundreds of websites link to a brand new website?

Okay, for Artificial Backlinks. According to your point, I can simply build the same anchor text links to my competitor's site and get it penalized.:D

If big company such as Google or Microsoft launch a new website ABC, if the website get the same anchor text ABC linked to it then it looks artificial and there’s a high risk of being penalized?

I don't think a website will be penalized for something that the webmaster cant control. Especially the backlinks not only can be build by the webmaster of the site, it can also bone by competitors.

IceZig, Jun 5, 2009 IP
  15. mit

mit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard about BMM several times that it has been penalized by Google but when I check the status in Google, it's all fine there.

mit, Jun 5, 2009 IP