1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am witnessing Huge Spam in Google Index

Discussion in 'Google' started by jacky8, May 9, 2009.

Sites like n1p15test.us, kis7test6.us, n1p14test.us and so on....

For a large number of diverse niche keyword searches with total google results around 100,000 or lesser. In the last few days, i have seen such URLs ranking for many phrases. I promote some affiliate products totally unrelated to each other and i have seen such URLs for nearly all of those products.

I guess this guy is either using a ranking loophole, some kind of hack or is using some auto Link Building Software.

There are various subdomains for the domains like acnecure.n2p15test.us All such results are for subdomains only. Like there are several subdomains for any one such URL.

Also i havn't yet seen how this guy is building links.

Just make a google search with site:siteurl and you will know HOW THIS GUY IS SPAMMING THE WHOLE INDEX.

I could never open the sites. They always took me to wikipedia after several redirections.

I guess the sole purpose of this guy is to Spoil the Google Index.

What you guys think?

Have You Seen such spammy results for any of your keywords?

Do you Google is being exploited in some way? Who could be behind all this crap

jacky8, May 9, 2009 IP
  2. adsenser

adsenser Peon

Best Answers:
    I never came across such keyword spam in my niche but what you mentioned is a reality. I've seen many people talking about this issue. The only reason that comes to my mind for this is SPAM (causing harm to competitor's ranking).

adsenser, May 9, 2009 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  3. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    just checkout these sites n1p15test.us, kis7test6.us, n1p14test.us using site:siteurl.com
    There are lots of other sites like these..

I don't think these are made to spoil the competitor's ranking. These don't have any content anyways. These are just redirected several times - from one url to another and finally get you to wikipedia.

Just see how serious this issue can be.

There are several such sites and these can load your PC with viruses by redirecting you to such a page. I guess Google needs a much bigger manual army now.

jacky8, May 9, 2009 IP
  4. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So far Google has been pretty good about limiting the effectiveness of these uber-spammers. I guess they just found a loophole. I don't think they intend to damage Google's result quality. As you mentioned they are likely just infecting computers with adware, spyware, viruses, etc.

vansterdam, May 9, 2009 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  5. ricccc

ricccc Peon

Best Answers:
    Really a shame that some people have to use such resources to throw competition in the mud. Any way to get hold of the idiots that did this?

ricccc, May 9, 2009 IP
  6. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    I had scripts off in firefox and it loads to a semi-generic search portal. I looked at the source on that page and it appears that there are a lot of redirects to toseeka. As far as i know, certain malware used to redirect searches to toseeka, so those sites don't particularly inspire confidence. Some type of massive, seedy operation i'd guess.

the whois for that site is from some russian guy.

Registrant Contact Information:
    Name: Dmitriy Tediev
    Address 1: Hlebobulochnyi proezd 11
    City: Moscow
    State: Moscow
    Zip: 117420
    Phone: +7.9012380278
    Email: Email Masking Image @gmail.com

webtarded, May 9, 2009 IP
  7. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am witnessing Very Huge Spam For One of My Niches. Around 40% of the Top Results for A Keyword is Pure Spam!! Can you guys believe it??
    Here are those sites (the results are from their subdomains) u1w9test.us, n1p14test.us, n1p17test.us (these are from first page)
    gmm1test7.us, kis7test6.us, n1p15test.us, kis7test4.us on second page.
    50% of those on the third and fourth page are ALL SPAM.

These are gonna kill our traffic. Can we do something about this?? I think there is a way to inform Google But No one really cares about reporting these (as we don't know a lot about google index's customer support staff)

These results are again from a mid competition keyword phrase.

Checkout any 4 word phrase. There will surely be such results.

jacky8, May 9, 2009 IP
  8. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    For this query "cdl sample practice test questions" see for yourself how serious the spam amount is.

jacky8, May 9, 2009 IP
  9. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If not for spreading malware, this guys seems hell bent to prove a point to his audience of how easily the serps can be manipulated! :eek:
    The end result as you have mentioned being wikipedia, the intention seems to be simply proving his quick manipulating ability.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, May 9, 2009 IP
  10. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have already reported the whole matter to google. I think they might already be aware of the problem before i told them.

I don't think he is spending any malware or viruses.
    For some queries, i can see more than 50% of the results are spam.

This can be really very irritating for a person who has come to google with hope.

If this guy really has some secret to rank well, he should have made lots more putting only 5 or 6 such affiliate review pages with real information for lots of products instead of just redirecting to wikipedia.

I guess he has already made loads of money and Now he has some other objective.

ANybody has a hint how he is getting great rankings for so many sites at once?
    I am sure he isn't building links.
    He isn't outsourcing the seo for these anyways!!
    He is surely using some software or loophole for this..

jacky8, May 9, 2009 IP
  11. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whether he is doing this to show his power or for spreading viruses, He must be looking online to find out what people are really talking about all this spam.
    DP is always at the top of rankings so he may be already reading this post :)

Cheers to your knowledge. But what's the whole purpose of this? But if i could know the secrets of ranking, i could use them to sell some affiliate products.. anyways, i would really appreciate the russian programmer's brain power..

jacky8, May 9, 2009 IP
  12. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes google is smarter than what we imagine , sometimes not .
    I witness site with obvious black hat seo rank No. 1 in google for competitive keywords .
    It is quite common .

justinlorder, May 9, 2009 IP
  13. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did you use the "report spam in our index" inside of webmaster tools?

It does seem rather strange, and pointless. Unless there is a hidden agenda that we are not aware of.
    This query shows all results on the first page from these test URL's. If Google is aware of these sites, how come they haven't done anything about it yet?

Maybe you should head over to the "Google Webmaster help forum" where John Mu and other Google employees hang out and ask why these redirected sites rank so high in the Google index. (that may get there attention ;))

Cheers
    James

tattoos, May 10, 2009 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  14. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of sites that do this, it's fustrating but if you have the time, money and labour to do it or have an excellent automated spam system then it is possible. Myself i prefer organic linking

lightlysalted, May 10, 2009 IP
  15. rahulkucheria

rahulkucheria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ya theres a lot of spam in google directory and its redirecting some yahoo answers link to a site known as asiadirect.com .............

rahulkucheria, May 10, 2009 IP
  16. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This query is what Google has to carefully watch.

I havn't reported this query but i reported one before. here

You can also report these. Within a few days, such spammy URLs will be hopefully banned. We will definitely see some improvement.

jacky8, May 10, 2009 IP
  17. dp2009

dp2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Blackhat SEO doing to test Google algorithm, to use on other lucrative query?
    1. The query is very rare.
    2. The final destination is not harmful, wiki, or just some ads
    3. The url is rare, and from Russia, hosted in India, several hosted in China
    4. There is no Google cached page link (weird really)

I do see more sites by some group interlinked together to bump their own ranking recently. And I saw more sold text links, some on even PR7, PR8 sites.. My concern is all these will get all small players out of web publishing circle. And personally I don't think Google even care, as it is so easily from registrar, from Google Adsense ID, Google can know it is from the same company. But I think the other sde of argument is that it is legitimate marketing...

The stronger, (who knows how to play the game) will be much stronger, while weaker even weaker. It will almost be impossible for a good article, a poem, etc to get noticed on web without truly marketing, SEO, etc.. I guess this is the business everyone needs to play, right? The notion of getting good content and people will link to you is not that true.. That is small bloggers have to join a network now, to grow...

How you think?

dp2009, May 10, 2009 IP
  18. Rich Kid

Rich Kid Peon

Best Answers:
    Theres gonna be spam pretty much everywhere you go on the internet but i doubt these people are doing just to ruin google's indexing there probably trying to earn a profit with it some how.

Rich Kid, May 10, 2009 IP
  19. kevin hemminger

kevin hemminger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think google is addressing spam like this. Videos seem to get a jump-boost to the top of results, for instance, and a few weeks ago someone was taking advantage of that to get very low (nonexistent) PR pages to the top of results simply by including a video. There were over a million results that I counted spammed in the google index. However, best as I can tell those are all gone now and the pages no longer exist in google. I'm certain this spam will be fixed as well. In the long run, spamming google on a massive scale is not beneficial - to think google will let its top results be entirely spammed with nonsense for any length of time isn't a very sound strategy.

kevin hemminger, May 11, 2009 IP